The Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) eTickets app allows you to purchase and use tickets instantly on your phone using a debit or credit card. Simply download the free app, register your e-mail address in our secure system and you're ready to ride.
With the SMART Train Mobile Tickets app, you can:
· Purchase one-way or round-trip tickets
· Receive a discounted fare if you qualify as: Youth (5 -18), Senior (65 & Older) or
a passenger with disabilities
· Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders
· Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use
· Activate tickets
· Register your debit/credit card in our secure system
· You need an account to use mobile tickets. An account only requires an email &
· Once you purchase your ticket it will appear in your "ticket wallet"
· Activate your ticket shortly before boarding the SMART Train
· If you purchased multiple tickets remember to activate all of them. Tickets are displayed
in order of activation. Swipe to advance to the next ticket
· Be prepared to show your active ticket(s) to SMART personnel
· Keep an eye on your battery level. You are held responsible for having a mobile phone in
good working order and usable prior to boarding. If your mobile phone is inoperable you
must use some other payment method for the journey
· Mobile tickets do not need cell phone or WiFi services to be activated. However, you do
need connectivity during the purchase of the ticket.
· Mobile tickets are valid for 90 minutes after activation
· Mobile tickets that have been purchased, but not activated, will expire after 30 days
· Transfer credits are not available via the SMART mobile ticket app
· If you lose or purchase a new device you can transfer any valid, unused tickets to a new
SMART POLICY ON REFUNDS:
· Generally, SMART does not issue refunds on mobile products
· In the case of extenuating circumstances, customers can submit a refund request
· Refund form can be found on: www.SonomaMarinTrain.org
• Improvements to reliability, accessibility and performance throughout the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could Be Much Better....
This is a very BASIC app to purchase e-tickets for SMART. It gets the job done if you don't have or want to use a Clipper Card for paying your fare.
To improve on things, it should include an actual schedule for their service, information on parking availability, passenger pick-up/drop-off, and notifications when the train is running late or there is an expected delay in service. Adding Pay-Pal as an option instead of entering credit card information, and the ability to link to social media like Facebook for easy log-in are a must.
No schedules and login is inconvenient
There is no schedule in the app! it opens a pdf in Safari. However if you just need a schedule, check out the “Wye Train Schedules for SMART” app which has them.
Nice that it supports Apple Pay for tickets, but you shouldn’t need to log in / create an account to buy them.
Between erroneous signage at the ferry building & no one to ask for help, good luck trying to figure out what tix you need for taking a ferry & smart train.
- Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit
- 66.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Masabi, 2017
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.