Smart Blood Pressure (or SmartBP ®) is a smarter way to manage your blood pressure measurements and track your progress. SmartBP is a blood pressure management app that allows you to record, track, analyze and share your Blood Pressure information using your iOS devices and Apple Watch. In addition, SmartBP connects with Apple HealthKit. With your health information at your fingertips, you can now take a more active role in your own health. Whether prehypertensive or hypertensive, SmartBP can help you track your progress and manage all your blood pressure measurements with an overall goal of improving your blood pressure.
1) SmartBP allows you to record, track and analyze trends in your blood pressure. You can either manually enter your records or use a blood pressure monitor to sync with SmartBP through Apple Health. SmartBP alone does not measure blood pressure. You need a separate blood pressure monitor to measure blood pressure.
2) SmartBP is NOT a substitute for a doctor or professional healthcare or advice. Any health related information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace the advice of healthcare professionals.
For information on how to use the app, visit our website
* Video: www.smartbp.app
* FAQ: www.smartbp.app/faq
- Record systolic, diastolic blood pressure, pulse rate and weight. Body mass index (BMI), pulse pressure (PP) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) is automatically calculated. Now you can enable/disable weight monitoring.
- Quickly add notes (e.g. before dinner) and measurement information (e.g. sitting, left arm) using tags.
- Store and access all your blood pressure measurements anywhere and anytime using Apple HealthKit. Avoid manual data entry and reduce errors by automatically uploading blood pressure measurements to HealthKit by auto-syncing with SmartBP. The following Blood Pressure Monitors can connect to HealthKit (check for compatibility with different models):
- Share your blood pressure information with your doctor, healthcare provider or family using email, text message (SMS), Apple HealthKit. Create blood pressure reports in PDF format with blood pressure data, charts and stats and share with your doctor or healthcare provider.
- View 7, 14, 30 day summary grouped by daily AM/PM averages and tags. Create, share and print summary PDF reports and CSV file.
- Print PDF reports or charts directly
- Analyze the progress you are making using intuitive graphs and statistics (including mean and variability for a period). Filter the data analyzed based on tags which can prove useful in analyzing how well you are doing and if any lifestyle modifications or medications have proven effective. Compare graphs and stats based on your tags side by side. See correlation for systolic vs. diastolic blood pressure.
- Add ECG records
- Back up your health data and access it on all your mobile devices with SmartBP Cloud. This is an optional service. We do not sell your health data.
- Sync directly between iPhone and iPad through Bluetooth or WiFi without sharing on the cloud.
- Backup all your blood pressure data by exporting your file to iTunes, Dropbox and Drive. If your blood pressure data is saved in a CSV file, you can import all your data to the application.
- Protect your data with TouchID, FaceID or Pin keypad protection
- Set reminders for managing your blood pressure
- Intuitive color coded data to identify normal, prehypertensive, stage I and II hypertension. These limits can be modified. Categorize your records based on 2017 ACA/AHA, 2018 ESC/ESH or create your own custom categories.
- Create multiple user profiles and manage them from a single app/device.
- US and international height and weight units supported.
Optimized Apple Health Sync (and bug fixes)
Ratings and Reviews
Great tagging feature!!
It's amazing to me how few BP apps include the ability to track factors that might be contributing to BP problems! The flexibility of the tagging features in this app allows you to tag & track - then graph- whatever you want: stress levels, salty diet, major public events (I noticed my BP spike for days after Las Vegas shooting), specific medications or supplements, caffeine intake, etc. It has helped me learn that for me, salt seems almost irrelevant and stress is about 80% of the problem. I'm now tracking Toprol closely as I think I might be having an uncommon but not unheard of paradoxical reaction, with more Toprol raising my BP.
DEVELOPER SUGGESTIONS: ... TAGGING: It would be really helpful if tags could be ordered; if not, it would be helpful if list were at least alphabetized. Also would like to be able to ditch some of the tags provided by app......DEFAULTS: Being able to set defaults for measurement site and measurement location would speed input nicely!......BONUS: The ability to have multiple profiles would be nice. Some of us have non-smartphone-using elderly parents to track!
Thanks for a great app!!
Developer Response ,
Update: With the latest update we have prioritized custom tags over the default tags so it’s easier to find. You can also delete custom tags that were created. Let us know your feedback email@example.com
Syncing mostly works
UPDATE: I have SmartBP 7.5.2 installed on an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 15.5. The developers corrected most of the issues I was seeing. They have worked hard to fix things. On my phone, in SmartBP I have to manually sync with the Apple Health app to get updated data. The tile at the top of the Home page is for manually entering blood pressure and pulse. The weight can also be entered, but curiously, it is automatically filled from the latest record. I guess the assumption is that weight should not change as much as blood pressure and pulse. Once entered the data in the top Home page tile becomes the latest record.
Developer Response ,
Update June 16th 2022: Version 7.5.2 is now released. Could you please try this version and share your experience? Thanks
Update June 8th 2022: Hello - Can you again just close the app and reopen? Try manually syncing again and you will notice that the message that shows Apple Health syncing is different. If you see the message, it will work. Also, we have an update 7.5.1 coming out in a couple of days that will address the issue you are seeing permanently. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Hello - Please update to version 7.5 and this issue should be resolved. Send us an email incase you are still having issues firstname.lastname@example.org
Works great; ideas for improving
I love this app. I just purchased the upgrade so i could track my wife’s data as well. A couple of things:
1. would like to be able to easily transfer data from one user to another as i forgot to go back to my user area and instead entered my data for several measurements into my wife’s data.
2. would prefer the weight data to remain the same once entered so i would not have to go back to the pinwheel each time to enter progressive data. Weight does not vary but by small amounts if at all so keeping it at the previous measurement until i enter the new data would also keep the charts more accurate if i do not weigh every day.
3. would like to see some of the tags on the main screen for my user data or maybe be able to show data for all users with tags delineating whose data is whose as comparison without having to use the filters.
Overall i like this user friendly functionality. Terrific job !!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback! Highly appreciate it!
1 and 3 noted. We will plan these features in a future release. In the interim, A quick way of updating your wife’s data would be to export a CSV file, copy it into your folder and and importing this file into the desired profile. If you have any questions on how to do this, please send me a message on email@example.com
For 2, you can do this by setting your weight in the profile screen. Then it will stay in this weight and you can change it whenever you need to. Again send me a message if you have any questions.
Again Thanks for the feedback 🙏🏼
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evolve Medical Systems, LLC
- 122.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©Evolve Medical Systems LLC, All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- SmartBP Premium monthly $3.99
- SmartBP Premium Annual $9.99
- premium ad-free version with cloud services enabled $7.99
- Multi user profile $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.