Smart Blood Pressure (or SmartBP ®) is a smarter way to manage your blood pressure measurements and track your progress. SmartBP is a blood pressure management app that allows you to record, track, analyze and share your Blood Pressure information using your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad devices and Apple Watch (check compatibility requirements). In addition, SmartBP connects with Apple HealthKit. With your health information at your fingertips, you can now take a more active role in your own health. Whether prehypertensive or hypertensive, SmartBP can help you track your progress and manage all your blood pressure measurements with an overall goal of improving your blood pressure.
For information on how to use the app, visit our website
* Video: www.evolvemedsys.com
* FAQ: www.evovlemedsys.com/faq
- Record systolic, diastolic blood pressure, pulse rate and weight. Body mass index (BMI), pulse pressure (PP) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) is automatically calculated. Now you can enable/disable weight monitoring.
- Quickly add notes (e.g. before dinner) and measurement information (e.g. sitting, left arm) using tags.
- Store and access all your blood pressure measurements anywhere and anytime using Apple HealthKit. Avoid manual data entry and reduce errors by automatically uploading blood pressure measurements to HealthKit by auto-syncing with SmartBP. The following Blood Pressure Monitors can connect to HealthKit (check for compatibility with different models):
- Share your blood pressure information with your doctor, healthcare provider or family using email, text message (SMS), Apple HealthKit. Create blood pressure reports in PDF format with blood pressure data, charts and stats and share with your doctor or healthcare provider.
-Print PDF reports or charts directly
- Analyze the progress you are making using intuitive graphs and statistics (including mean and variability for a period). Filter the data analyzed based on tags which can prove useful in analyzing how well you are doing and if any lifestyle modifications or medications have proven effective. Compare graphs and stats based on your tags side by side.
- Sync directly between iPhone and iPad through Bluetooth or WiFi without sharing on the cloud.
- Backup all your blood pressure data by exporting your file to iTunes, Dropbox and Drive. If your blood pressure data is saved in a CSV file, you can import all your data to the application.
- Protect your data with TouchID, FaceID or Pin keypad protection
- Set reminders for managing your blood pressure
- Intuitive color coded data to identify normal, prehypertensive, stage I and II hypertension. These limits can be modified. Categorize your records based on 2017 ACA/AHA, 2018 ESC/ESH or create your own custom categories.
- US and international height and weight units supported.
1) Smart Blood Pressure (SmartBP) may only be used as a tool to record, share and keep track of blood pressure measurements. Smart Blood Pressure cannot measure blood pressure.
2) Smart Blood Pressure (SmartBP) is NOT a substitute for a doctor or professional healthcare or advice. Any health related information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace the advice of healthcare professionals.
3) Smart Blood Pressure (SmartBP) is meant to track your blood pressure records where each record is the systolic, diastolic, pulse, weight, date/time and notes/tags. Although weight can be modified for each record, it is not meant to track weight independently.
1) Optional setting for remembering previous tags
2) Bug fix for crash when PDF report generated
Ratings and Reviews
Great tagging feature!!
It's amazing to me how few BP apps include the ability to track factors that might be contributing to BP problems! The flexibility of the tagging features in this app allows you to tag & track - then graph- whatever you want: stress levels, salty diet, major public events (I noticed my BP spike for days after Las Vegas shooting), specific medications or supplements, caffeine intake, etc. It has helped me learn that for me, salt seems almost irrelevant and stress is about 80% of the problem. I'm now tracking Toprol closely as I think I might be having an uncommon but not unheard of paradoxical reaction, with more Toprol raising my BP.
DEVELOPER SUGGESTIONS: ... TAGGING: It would be really helpful if tags could be ordered; if not, it would be helpful if list were at least alphabetized. Also would like to be able to ditch some of the tags provided by app......DEFAULTS: Being able to set defaults for measurement site and measurement location would speed input nicely!......BONUS: The ability to have multiple profiles would be nice. Some of us have non-smartphone-using elderly parents to track!
Thanks for a great app!!
Developer Response ,
Update: With the latest update we have prioritized custom tags over the default tags so it’s easier to find. You can also delete custom tags that were created. Let us know your feedback firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST Blood Pressure Tracking App Available!
The SmartBP app is a clear winner! It had to be developed by medical professionals because of its intuitive, straightforward design to log vitals. This app seamlessly syncs with Apple HeathKit and many brands of blood pressure monitors. The graphical tracking screens are prefect for trending, BUT the “Stats” screens really give you important information on your blood pressure recordings in a meaningful way. SmartBP has excellent sharing ability, and can export a colorful, detailed PDF report that you can bring to your doctor! The app also allows every entry to be custom tagged, which is extremely useful for tracking medication adjustments and results. Overall a 5-Star app with a ton of great features and definitely worth the price!
Great app! Great developer response!
SmartBP is being a great help to me tracking my blood pressure while I’m battling high pressure. Having the graphs and stats is encouraging when I see the downward trend. Being able to send a report to the doctor instantly is great for getting feedback from the doctor easily. I like that the limits can be modified and have changed mine (with help of my doctor) to reflect the parameters that apply for me.
Great response from the developer to my questions and suggestions. You know you have a good app when the developer is working to make it better and responsive to input. I see from other posts that this developer is engaged with users and working on making the app even better!
- Evolve Medical Systems, LLC
- 143.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©Evolve Medical Systems LLC, All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- premium ad-free version with cloud services enabled $7.99
- SmartBP Premium Annual $9.99
- SmartBP Premium monthly $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.