- One of Apple's favorite Apple Watch apps of 2018.
- Featured by Apple as *App of the Day* all around the world!
- #1 Health & Fitness app in over 30 countries.
- Featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store all around the world.
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Apps We Love".
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
Tired of carrying a piece of paper around the Gym? Or using the notes app to keep track of your workout? Or maybe you're a Personal Trainer and wants to keep track of all your students' progress?
SmartGym solves all this in a beautiful, elegant and easy way.
Our goal was to focus on some specific tasks and implement them better than any other app in the market. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of. And of course, with a beautiful Apple Watch app, so you can even leave your phone in your bag while you workout.
- Create and manage all your routines.
- Add as many exercises to your routines as you want.
- Create custom timer for each specific exercise.
- Over 240 pre-installed exercises with images and animations.
- Add new custom exercises with images.
- Check all exercises as done to add them to your history.
- Keep track of your training history and progress.
- Keep track of your body measures.
- Share your routines with your friends.
- Integration with the Health app.
- Beautiful charts showing all your different progress.
Apple Watch only:
- Keep track of your heart rate, distance and calories burned.
- Use your session data to count towards your activity rings.
- Use Siri to start your workout.
- Modify your exercise right from the Watch.
- Personal Trainers can Manage their students from the Watch.
Personal Trainer Only:
- Great way to manage all your students.
The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 10 histories and 2 measures. Upgrade to our monthly or annually subscriptions to access unlimited routines, histories, measurements, plus a premium account that syncs all data to our cloud service. SmartGym also has an In App Purchase that unlocks all features, but locally only (without our cloud service).
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Minor improvements.
- New exercises with custom animations.
- New Siri Shortcuts. Get a summary of your week for Workouts, Active Calories, Avg. Heart Rate and Duration. All with your voice and from the Siri screen.
- Improvements when adding a new Routine.
- Improved Watch edit screen.
- Notifications improvements.
- Many interface improvements.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The main thing I like about this app is how you can manually add routines and exercises. Most health apps try to do everything for you and often charge monthly so you can have access to automatically created workouts. I already have a great workout routine and I just wanted to be able to easily add my sets, reps, and weight so I don’t have to lug around my notebook. Overall this app works as advertised and is fairly easy to build custom exercises to use in the future. The organization and naming criteria make sense for most of my exercises except for a few movements. Specifically, there is currently no way to group a set of movements into one exercise. For instance, I’d like to make a core circuit which has three different exercises some with sets and reps and some with sets and duration and then be able to specify how many sets of that bundle I need to do. You can kind of do a work around and currently I’ve just been adding the multiple steps to any exercise within the notes section of it. However, I will be asking for this bundle feature to be added.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the kind words and great suggestions! There is a way to group a set of exercises. It's called a superset, which is basically a group of exercises chained together. So, instead of thinking of many movements as one exercise, we think as one group of exercises, or one Superset. To do this is pretty simple. Go to the first exercise of this group and enable the superset toggle. This will connect it to the next exercise. If you have a third exercise, you also need to do this for the second one as well. So, go to the second exercise and enable Superset. You can do this for as many exercises as you want. After you're done, all exercises will be grouped as part of one Superset. When you check one as done, all of the others are also checked. Hope it helped. If you have any other question, feel free to get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cannot Reorder Routines
I like the app overall, but something frustrating for me is the fact that I cannot reorder a routine after it’s been created and saved. I have mistakenly done this several times and each time I have to delete and create the routines in the order that I needed it, again. If I pick a day of the week for a routine, that should be enough for the app to automatically order the routines in that fashion. The same way that we can reorder exercises. Not too shabby.
My request is about “reordering” routines, not “sorting”, it’s two different things. I should be able to drag and drop, in the same way that I do with exercises. I use a logic with labeling my routines and days of the week, that with your current capabilities if I make a mistake and save it, then it doesn’t let me change the order.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your review. You can now! :) We just released our latest update (3.0.8) that allows you to sort your routines by many different attributes. We hope you like it! :) If you have any other question or suggestion, please let us know at email@example.com. Thanks!
*will update review after response :)
**Update following the response to original review below**
I reallyyyy want to give this app more than 3 stars—3.5 is probably more accurate—but I have to take away points because of the inability to retroactively add a workout. That’s a big flaw in my opinion.
As you can see from the developer’s response, they claim that they don’t offer that capability because of being unable to track physical metrics in real-time. But that should be up to the user.
A) I’d rather be able to keep track of ~something~ on my prior workouts vs. no record at all.
B) There are other ways to track heart rate, calories, distance, etc. and if they allow manual entry, then I could also input those metrics myself for accurate record keeping.
All in all, I’m going to keep using SmartGym for now—I do like all of the current features & the interface! But I really hope the developers re-examine their decision to not allow editing your own history.
I just bought the local version of this app and I am wondering 2 things:
1) Will the app work with an Apple Watch with only the local version (as opposed to the premium)?
2) Is there a way to retroactively add a workout to my history? i.e. If I forget to log my workout on the day I do it, can I go back and add the workout manually in my history to keep accurate records?
Overall I love the app & the design, but am just wondering about those 2 details!
Developer Response ,
2) Unfortunately not. Just like the Workout app from Apple, there is no way to add past workout to your History, since there is no way to track your past data (calories, heart rate and distance).
If you have any other questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's a better and faster way to get in touch with us. :)
- Mateus Abras
- 114.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 SmartGym
- In-App Purchases
- User Premium Monthly $3.99
- SmartGym Premium Yearly $22.99
- Unlock All Local Features $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.