Smiley Sight Words teaches high-frequency sight words to your child!
The 1,600+ sight words included with Smiley Sight Words comprises up to 85% of the text in a child's early reading materials. A child who can recognize just 8 of 10 words in a sentence can typically understand its meaning! "Sight words" often cannot be illustrated via simple pictures or sounded out according to regular phonetic decoding rules, thus they need to be learned and recognized "on sight". Smiley Sight Words is a handy way to keep track of and encourage a child's mastery of their sight words.
• Optimized for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Over 1,600 common sight words comprehensively compiled from Dolch, Fry, Pinnell-Fountas, UK, and many other high-frequency word lists.
• Beautifully recorded American-English pronunciations for all words
• Top 1000 - 40 levels sorted by frequency
• Dolch 300 - 7 levels (pre-primer, primer, grade 1-3, nouns 1-2)
• Dolch 300 - 11 levels sorted by frequency
• Fry 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
• UK 1000 - 10 levels sorted by frequency
• AU Rainbow - 12 levels sorted by color-code.
• More Words - Upper and lower-case alphabet, numbers 0-100, colors, shapes, animals, months, days of week, family words, common nouns
• Words organized by number of letters
• 10 Customizable Flash Card sets
• 10 Shared Customizable Flash Card sets common to all 5 players
• Copy and Paste words from sets or emails
• Email export of word lists
• Show and Hide individual words
• Mark flash cards with smileys - try to earn 3 thumbs-up smileys for each word.
• Flash cards respond to swipes, shakes, and taps
• Customizable settings for up to 40 players
• Player names and photos can be customized
• Progress Report can be saved to Photo Library
• D'Nealian, Zaner-Bloser, Times, Helvetica, Marker Felt, Chalkboard, and Noteworthy fonts
• In-app Help documentation
Please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• iOS 10 compatibility
• Various bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Was glad to find this APP. We needed the ability to have more than one user. Good interface that the kids are enjoying. The reward ribbon helps keep them motivated. Have found a few bug issues and the program has crashed a few times, also would be nice to have it listed in the iPad software. The teach me kindergarten from this developer is much better than any program I have found for my kids, with some minor fixes this has the potential to be a Great program. If/when it is updated/fixed I would give 5 stars. I would love the app had a reward set up like the teach me kindergarten app, my kids go nuts for that one, but they are getting to old for it.
We LOVE it!!!!
We have at least 6 other sight word apps, and this is by far the best!! It's an INSTANT HIT.
It's simple, easy to use, TONS of levels, encouraging, and repetitive. Even better... the ability to have multiple players, with their own skill levels...AND customize it with their own pictures is absolutely wonderful.
COUPLE OF SUGGESTIONS to the developers:
I recommend this app to ANYONE.... But you can't find it in the iPad apps. It was very hard to find. :( Do an update so you can easily find in the iPad apps section in the future.... IPad users will LOVE it. :)
In the next update, please make it more iPad friendly and be able to flip to the landscape view. I have my kids sit on the couch with their legs crossed and the iPad in their lap (I'm completely comfortable doing this IF it's in the landscape view, less so with it upright).
There's also some kinda bug when you're looking at the scores/word list, or something (sorry don't remember exactly where), but there is no back button. You have to completely exit the app to get out of it. BUT this doesn't take away from this being a 5 star app for me.
WE LOVE IT.... THANK YOU FOR A GREAT APP!
Great app for techie kids
Paper flash cards were okay for my daughter (6) but didn't inspire her to learn her words. We found this app we both love it. I can create custom lists based on the word lists her teacher sends home. I also liked that I could consolidate just the words she needed to learn. She likes earning "thumbs up" and "wings" after she gets it right three times in a row. It's not an app that a kid should do alone since they have the ability to mark thumbs up or down themselves but I would definitely recommend for kids who maybe don't learn as well with old-school paper things.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.