SmugMug is a photo sharing platform that keeps your photos safe.
We help you answer the question of "What do I do with my photos?"
UNLIMITED PHOTOS: Keep every single one of your photos safe, forever.
MORE POWERFUL THAN JUST STORAGE: Powerful organization, security, privacy, and sharing tools. Share with who you want, and only who you want.
WAY BEYOND JUST SHARING: Share, download, print, and even sell. Your photos will always look their best here.
You get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever you take photos and we know you want them available at all times. That's why we created the SmugMug app. When you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you've got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let's not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• UNLIMITED PHOTOS: Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That's right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it!
• AUTOMATIC UPLOADS*: Keep every single one of your photos safe, automatically.
• VIEW ALL YOUR PHOTOS, ANYWHERE: Never say "I wanted to show you this photo but I don't have access to it." You can browse all your photos right from the app.
• OFFLINE VIEWING: Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet.
• BOOKMARK YOUR FAVORITES: Quickly find and view photos you care about.
• PHOTO SHARING: Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook.
• PHOTO SEARCH: Find your photos, galleries and folders easily using Search.
• VIEW OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS PHOTOS: Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire.
• SHARE FROM OTHER APPS: Upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. Just click the "Share" icon in other apps and look for "SmugMug" to begin uploading immediately
* Automatic Uploads requires iOS 13.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Squashed a few bugs and improved stability!- Use presets to simplify your gallery creation process!
- Automatically upload all your photos to SmugMug! (Requires iOS13)
Keep every single one of your photos safe, forever. Auto-Upload will automatically upload your phone and tablet photos to SmugMug — just tap the gear icon to enable it today. The app organizes them by date but you can always reorganize them by moving and collecting to galleries of your choosing. Photos uploaded by auto-upload are always private by default.
For best performance leave the app running until the initial auto-upload is complete. New photos will automatically upload in the background.
(Auto-Upload requires iOS13)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been dealing with various apps including this one for 6 years now. None of them offered an easy way to upload (backup) my photos iPad and iPhone to smugmug. I did not need a sync app, I needed a way to back up the photos I didnt want to sync.
This 2018 updated app is exactly what I need. I manage 2 smugmug accounts- one is personal and one is for a non-profit. I use my iPhone to take pictures for both accounts and I get emailed photos on my iPhone and iPad that apply to one or both accounts.
With this app update I can switch log-ins quickly. I can select a gallery and directly upload images in seconds. I can create a new gallery. I can change gallery settings. I can add photos to both smug mug accounts. I can delete photos. I can download selected photos to either device. I can show entire galleries or a single photo when I need to.
If you need an app that allows backup and organization of your photos in smugmug then this app fits the bill.
Large files freezing on upload
I have been trying to upload photos from a recent Central America trip. Three times the upload has stalled at approximately 2/3 completion. I made the suggested changes to my settings and the problem remains. Reading discussions on this topic, I see it’s a continuing problem. What a waste of time!
I tried again another day and the large file (number of photos) froze again about 2/3 of the way. This time I was able to exit, determine the number of the last photo accepted, and continue uploading from that point. Success!
I really like everything about Smugmug but found that exercise frustrating. Finding a work around leads me to updating my review to a more positive one.
Developer Response ,
We hate hearing that your photos won’t upload. When you say large files, do you mean a large *number* of photos, or their actual file size is large? We’ve been hard at work squashing all the uploading issues (and you’ll see that we solved the issues for most of our customers), so any additional information so we can continue fixing this issue for you, would be very helpful!
“Offline” content has a SERIOUS problem
...are you aware of this?
You offer a way to keep images on the device, for display when the network is unavailable. Good idea ... flawed implementation. I have this option set on most of my galleries. I discover some images display “thumbnail” resolution when in full-screen display.
I watch the progess of the download (the little green “thermometer” bar; the eventual grey circle checkmark) ... I think “good, that one is downloaded” ... I open that image, and it is full resolution. I move on, and then come back to that same image ... the grey circle checkmark is gone, and the black space for the green progress thermometer is there again. I wait and watch it all happen again ... green thermometer, then circled grey checkmark ... high resolution photo ... then, the process repeats! I cannot rely on this offline storage. I cannot afford to display my professional artwork this way!!! This happens to the same images, time amd time again, yet does not happen to other images. I note no pattern to this problem.
Developer Response ,
We use the Offline feature all the time so we can have photos readily avialable whenever -- it's one of our favorite things about the app; we'd love to know more about your issues. Would you be able to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can further troubleshoot?
- 79.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 SmugMug Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Portfolio Annual $179.99
- Portfolio Monthly $23.99
- Power Annual $71.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.