We know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling using SmugMug on your computer, but sometimes you just need some SmugMug love on the run. That’s why we created the SmugMug app. Now when you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you’ve got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let’s not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze (or annoy) people with your photos from the palm of your hand.
• Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That’s right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it!
• Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet...whether that’s the Amazon jungle or the right side of your couch in your San Francisco apartment).
• Mark galleries as favorites for easy, instant access. Let’s face it, not every gallery you visit is shareable or careable, so star the ones you love for a quick hit of “best photos ever!”
• Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook…whether you want your cat photos to go viral or get your latest work in front of your customers in a flash.
• Find your photos, galleries and folders easily using Search.
• Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.
• Enable the SmugMug extension to upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. What’s that mean? It means wherever your photos live on your phone or tablet, you can easily move them over to SmugMug. We do the heavy lifting for you.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We have a very “moving” update for you today. You can now move your photos and videos and collect virtual copies of them from the convenience of your phone. Want more? You can also delete and share multiple photos at once. Please keep the feedback and reviews coming.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been dealing with various apps including this one for 6 years now. None of them offered an easy way to upload (backup) my photos iPad and iPhone to smugmug. I did not need a sync app, I needed a way to back up the photos I didnt want to sync.
This 2018 updated app is exactly what I need. I manage 2 smugmug accounts- one is personal and one is for a non-profit. I use my iPhone to take pictures for both accounts and I get emailed photos on my iPhone and iPad that apply to one or both accounts.
With this app update I can switch log-ins quickly. I can select a gallery and directly upload images in seconds. I can create a new gallery. I can change gallery settings. I can add photos to both smug mug accounts. I can delete photos. I can download selected photos to either device. I can show entire galleries or a single photo when I need to.
If you need an app that allows backup and organization of your photos in smugmug then this app fits the bill.
Want to watch videos without saving
I love this app, and it has been great for my photo and video storage. But for the first few days, I couldn’t watch any videos within the app. I finally figured out that if I saved the videos to my iPad’s camera roll, I could then watch them on my app. But I have quite a lot of videos, and it is frustrating to have to do this every time I want to watch a video. I have also been having trouble uploading certain videos in the first place. It isn’t the case with every video, but fairly often I will be told that a video can not be uploaded, even when I try to upload it multiple times. I would GREATLY appreciate these being fixed, as it would save me a lot of time and work. But, overall I am very pleased with this app!
Wonderful service but increased app stability issues
This is a wonderful service but I continue to hit issues, even after the latest update, with the app crashing during uploading and also failed stuck “processing” uploads where the photo is not available but shown as uploaded. I have used the app for more than a year and these issues are increasing. I will upload as many as 100 photos at a time but the crash issue can be hit with just a few photos. The stuck upload tends to occur when many photos are uploaded. Also I get crashes browsing one of my most recent albums from the app. Overall my feeling is it’s capacity and scaling issues in the app. My albums can have 100+ photos and I have maybe 30 or 40 albums as I recall. There needs to be a wake-up call in the development team to improve stability as I am getting concerned about depending on the app. The developers need to test with 40+ albums each with 100+ photos and interact with them. I am using the latest best iPhone with maximum memory with plenty available and latest iOS.
Developer Response ,
We're working to improve the app when a large number of photos are being uploaded at one time. You should see these improvements in future updates. If you do run into issues, please email our heroes at email@example.com so we can gather further information to help improve this in the future.
- 71.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SmugMug Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Monthly $5.99
- Power Monthly $8.99
- Portfolio Monthly $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.