SmugMug is a photo sharing platform that keeps your photos safe.
We help you answer the question of "What do I do with my photos?"
UNLIMITED PHOTOS: Keep every single one of your photos safe, forever.
MORE POWERFUL THAN JUST STORAGE: Powerful organization, security, privacy, and sharing tools. Share with who you want, and only who you want.
WAY BEYOND JUST SHARING: Share, download, print, and even sell. Your photos will always look their best here.
You get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever you take photos and we know you want them available at all times. That's why we created the SmugMug app. When you want to impress your friends, show off to your co-workers, bring your relatives to tears, or share your work with clients—you've got your favorite photos in a flash. The SmugMug app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your phone or tablet. Not only that, but uploading photos from your mobile devices and other apps to your SmugMug galleries could not be easier. Sharing is caring, so we made sharing your photos simple too. And let's not forget about all those videos you like to take. We can handle them too, so give us all you got.
• UNLIMITED PHOTOS: Upload unlimited photos and videos to your account. That's right we said unlimited. You got a billion photos? Bring it!
• AUTOMATIC UPLOADS*: Keep every single one of your photos safe, automatically.
• VIEW ALL YOUR PHOTOS, ANYWHERE: Never say "I wanted to show you this photo but I don't have access to it." You can browse all your photos right from the app.
• OFFLINE VIEWING: Save your galleries to your device for offline viewing when you find yourself in a no-interwebs part of the planet.
• BOOKMARK YOUR FAVORITES: Quickly find and view photos you care about.
• PHOTO SHARING: Share photos and videos via SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook.
• PHOTO SEARCH: Find your photos, galleries and folders easily using Search.
• VIEW OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS PHOTOS: Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire.
• SHARE FROM OTHER APPS: Upload from your Camera Roll, SMS messages and other apps. Just click the "Share" icon in other apps and look for "SmugMug" to begin uploading immediately
* Automatic Uploads requires iOS 13.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Squashed a few bugs
- Galleries created within the app will use the settings from your "Default Preset". Log in to SmugMug on a computer and set your default preset settings in "Account Settings".
- Automatically upload all your photos to SmugMug. (Auto-Upload requires iOS13)
Keep every single one of your photos safe, forever. Auto-Upload will automatically upload your phone and tablet photos to SmugMug — just tap the gear icon to enable it today. The app organizes them by date but you can always reorganize them by moving and collecting to galleries of your choosing. Photos uploaded by auto-upload are always private by default.
For best performance leave the app running until the initial auto-upload is complete. New photos will automatically upload in the background.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been dealing with various apps including this one for 6 years now. None of them offered an easy way to upload (backup) my photos iPad and iPhone to smugmug. I did not need a sync app, I needed a way to back up the photos I didnt want to sync.
This 2018 updated app is exactly what I need. I manage 2 smugmug accounts- one is personal and one is for a non-profit. I use my iPhone to take pictures for both accounts and I get emailed photos on my iPhone and iPad that apply to one or both accounts.
With this app update I can switch log-ins quickly. I can select a gallery and directly upload images in seconds. I can create a new gallery. I can change gallery settings. I can add photos to both smug mug accounts. I can delete photos. I can download selected photos to either device. I can show entire galleries or a single photo when I need to.
If you need an app that allows backup and organization of your photos in smugmug then this app fits the bill.
Wonderful service, greatly improved uploading for large numbers of files
I rely on this wonderful app and service daily, often uploading 50 to 100 or more photos a day. It is part of my standard business process and critical to it. In a previous review I commented about difficulty at times uploading large numbers of files at one time. Smugmug responded to the review (mine and others) saying they would work hard and resolve the issue. I have now revised my review to 5 stars as they did what they promised to do. Uploading is now greatly improved and no longer an issue for me. If the issue returns I will revise my review. After using smug mug daily for about 2 years, I strongly recommend the service and the app.
Also, I will add that the app has had some great new features added recently.
Developer Response ,
We're working to improve the app when a large number of photos are being uploaded at one time. You should see these improvements in future updates. If you do run into issues, please email our heroes at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can gather further information to help improve this in the future.
“Offline” content has a SERIOUS problem
...are you aware of this?
You offer a way to keep images on the device, for display when the network is unavailable. Good idea ... flawed implementation. I have this option set on most of my galleries. I discover some images display “thumbnail” resolution when in full-screen display.
I watch the progess of the download (the little green “thermometer” bar; the eventual grey circle checkmark) ... I think “good, that one is downloaded” ... I open that image, and it is full resolution. I move on, and then come back to that same image ... the grey circle checkmark is gone, and the black space for the green progress thermometer is there again. I wait and watch it all happen again ... green thermometer, then circled grey checkmark ... high resolution photo ... then, the process repeats! I cannot rely on this offline storage. I cannot afford to display my professional artwork this way!!! This happens to the same images, time amd time again, yet does not happen to other images. I note no pattern to this problem.
Developer Response ,
We use the Offline feature all the time so we can have photos readily avialable whenever -- it's one of our favorite things about the app; we'd love to know more about your issues. Would you be able to email us at email@example.com so we can further troubleshoot?
- 79.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 SmugMug Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Portfolio Annual $179.99
- Portfolio Monthly $23.99
- Power Annual $71.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.