Supported Digital Cameras as of February 2019
Z 7, Z 6, D850, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500, D3400, COOLPIX P1000, A1000, A900, A300, B700, B500, B600, W300, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 10.3, iOS 11.4, iOS 12.1
iPhone 5S or later, fifth-generation iPad or later, iPhone X or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
Updating to Version 2
Images downloaded to the smart device with version 1.x will no longer be displayed in the Gallery after you upgrade to version 2, but can be viewed in the “Photos” app provided with the smart device.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported on some cameras.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi.
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app “Help” option.
We have improved usability.
Made some minor bug fixes.
We look forward to making still more improvements based on your feedback!
Notice: Customers who plan to use the “synchronize location data” feature with iOS 11 should select “Always Allow” in the location permissions dialog displayed when the app is launched for the first time. This option can also be accessed by selecting “Settings” > “SnapBridge” > “Location” on your iOS device.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work with the flagship Nikon D850 or anything else
Really, Nikon? WMU works with the low end amateur cameras. Consistently. But this abysmal failure doesn't work at all. Why is it that Sony can consistently deliver connectivity, but Nikon can't offer a reasonable solution for their top of the line camera, or any other (I also have the D7500) body. It sometimes worked with version 1 of your software, requiring forgetting/deleting profile EVERY time, then signing up again each time to transfer 1-2 images. REALLY?!? What 75-year-old, out-of-touch engineer thinks this is a workable solution for a modern professional who is charged with social media duties? Now version 2 of this software just hangs and won't connect at all. Calling Nikon tech support doesn't lead to any solutions. As an NPS member, I'm embarrassed by this incredible blunder and complete failure. Wait for version 3 and don't buy a Nikon body until they can fix this, something that every other company can do.
EDIT: With the latest update, snap bridge actually works the way it is supposed to. I have to completely change my review, as it actually works as promised, making the D850 the perfect camera for professionals! Took them a year, but someone is listening!
Makes My Life Easier
I sell online on several websites. App is working pretty well for me so far. I don’t have any complaints.
I love being able to transfer images to my iPhone without having to involve my laptop and iTunes. Although the iPhone has a great camera I can’t ever get the white balance on my photos right even with a white balancing app. So I have to use an actual camera. I have a Sony also and although it is a more “professional” camera with much different options (and takes great shots)...it does not have WiFi connectivity, so it takes more time.
I have a WiFi / Bluetooth printer also. I can lay in my bed while sipping coffee and handle all my online business without running back and forth from my office. Cuts the time it takes me to do everything in half! I have kids and work from home, so that is a HUGE deal!
Everything I have attempted to do with this camera has worked out. I am very happy!
Designed to get you to use their cloud, not provide useful features
First it doesn’t support video for coolpix p1000. Why? It’s designed to get the content on your phone to tempt you to upload it to their cloud. You would not have any reason to do that if it used the cameras built in SD card. As a consequence of them not wanting to provide a useful app for remote control they are unable to stream video on the limited available bandwidth. When presented with the option of saving the footage on the device or not supporting it at all, they chose to not support it.
The obsession every single company I interact with wanting to be a cloud provider while lacking the competencies to do so is frustrating. You make high quality cameras, do you not Nikon? Why can’t you focus on your core business, doing the best you can to create a high quality product and an app to fully support and show off those capabilities. Your greed to get into the big data business which you will never, ever manage to do successfully is now affecting your core business. A mindless decision of ineptitude or perhaps sheer negligence.
I won’t buy another Nikon product, I’ll add you to the list of companies that have lost their way to seeing dollar signs in the perverse data collection obsession plaguing our society. Pathetic.
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 115.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Nikon Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.