Supported Digital Cameras as of November 2022
Z 9, D6, Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 7, Z 6, Z 5, Z fc, Z 50, Z30, D850, D780, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500, D3400, COOLPIX P1000, P950, A1000, A900, A300, B700, B500, B600, W300, W150, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iPhone 7 or later, iPad 5th or later, iPad mini 5th or later
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported on some cameras.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi (some cameras only).
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app "Help" option.
Thank you for using SnapBridge. We have improved the app based on user feedback.
Addressed an issue that resulted in some pictures not being sorted in descending order by date during download when [Enabled (descending)] was selected for [Display options] > [Sort by date].
Made some minor bug fixes.
We have improved usability.
Google Analytics for Firebase, which in earlier versions was used to help analyze usage data, is not included in the current version. No usage data be collected even if you opt to accept data collection.
Ratings and Reviews
Mostly good, but needs a setting to prevent duplicate downloads
I have had virtually no trouble pairing my D3500 to my iPad and automatically downloading photos. The only complaint I have is that there is no setting to prevent duplicate downloads of the same photos, so every time I pair with my iPad and download, I get both the new photos I’ve taken, plus all of the previous photos (again and again).
When I am on a trip/vacation and taking photos, I may take 50 photos a day. At the end of the day, I’d like to view and edit my photos on a large screen, so I want to download the NEW photos and add them to the existing photos on my iPad/Cloud storage. That means I either need to go thru and individually Select the new photos one at a time, or download all and end up with duplicates on my iPad/Cloud. Both of these choices are cumbersome and inefficient.
Snapbridge should provide a Download setting or choice that downloads only the “new” photos, and skips the photos that are already downloaded. The download choices should be ALL, NEW, or Select.
Doesn't work with the flagship Nikon D850 or anything else
Really, Nikon? WMU works with the low end amateur cameras. Consistently. But this abysmal failure doesn't work at all. Why is it that Sony can consistently deliver connectivity, but Nikon can't offer a reasonable solution for their top of the line camera, or any other (I also have the D7500) body. It sometimes worked with version 1 of your software, requiring forgetting/deleting profile EVERY time, then signing up again each time to transfer 1-2 images. REALLY?!? What 75-year-old, out-of-touch engineer thinks this is a workable solution for a modern professional who is charged with social media duties? Now version 2 of this software just hangs and won't connect at all. Calling Nikon tech support doesn't lead to any solutions. As an NPS member, I'm embarrassed by this incredible blunder and complete failure. Wait for version 3 and don't buy a Nikon body until they can fix this, something that every other company can do.
EDIT: With the latest update, snap bridge actually works the way it is supposed to. I have to completely change my review, as it actually works as promised, making the D850 the perfect camera for professionals! Took them a year, but someone is listening!
Does Not Work
I purchased a D5600 for myself for Christmas, as a friend of mine owns and loves this camera. I had also read that Nikon had fixed the SnapBridge app. I spent hours trying to get it to work to no avail. First, the camera and phone would not sync. Eventually I got the devices to sync but this appears to be a fluke, since I did not do anything different. Next, the app would not automatically upload any photos; rather, I had to manually select them. Finally, there are problems with the WiFi/Bluetooth function...my camera automatically turns one off the moment I turn the other one on. When I finally got the required WiFi to work, it turned off every time I received a text message or opened any other app on my phone (even though SnapBridge was still running). My friend, who owns a Samsung phone, tried to help me, but she confirmed I had done everything right and that while the app worked on her phone, it did not work on mine. On a whim, I decided to read some reviews of the app, and it appears that some other reviewers have had the same exact problems. A few mentioned that they had iPhones and were using the latest software. I am also using an iPhone with the latest update, so I wonder if it is a software compatibility issue. Please create an update so this app works on iPhones! I’m so disappointed that I can’t use my new camera and I’m sure others feel the same!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NIKON CORPORATION
- 67.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Nikon Corporation