The site mapper allows SolarEdge installers to streamline the registration of a new system by mapping its physical layout in the SolarEdge cloud-based monitoring platform.
This application is integrated with the SolarEdge monitoring platform and enables the following functionality:
• Simple onsite registration of new systems.
• Creation, editing and on-site verification of system physical layout.
• Scanning and assigning SolarEdge power optimizer serial number to the right location in the system physical layout.
• The scanning can be done by utilizing the mobile device’s integrated camera or with an external Bluetooth connected scanner.
• Working off-line with no data connection. The data is stored locally on the mobile device and allows data synchronization with the SolarEdge monitoring platform when data connection is available.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - OWNER ACCESS
This is an enhancement request. That means, a request for an enhancement to the functionality of a product by a customer.
As a CUSTOMER, that is, somehow who paid real money to purchase one or more of your products (in other words, which allowed you to pay the bills), I want access to the mapper functions. As a CUSTOMER (see above), I should be able to monitor the health of my system, including the performance of my array and each component thereof. I could also argue that I should have the ability to make corrections or changes, but can respect that a good case could be made for allowing only trained support personnel should have that level of access.
So, this access should start with login, to allow a CUSTOMER login. Based on the CUSTOMER identification, access would be limited to READ ONLY, without the ability to make changes to the configuration or settings. This access should include, among other things, the ability to:
1. See the mapping of hardware,
2. See the model, serial number and version of each component,
3. See the current performance of each component (status, output, errors, etc.)
4. See any history of status, performance or errors that may be captured or stored,
5. Output/ download all of this information in a format suitable for loading into a spreadsheet,
6. See all parameters and settings of any and all controller components.
In addition, the customer should be able to see and download a history of transactions , including any logins, diagnostics performed, changes, resets, errors, or any other messages. If such logs do not exist, then this enhancement request also includes a request for enhancement of the product to capture, report, store and download such logs upon demand by the installers, remote support personnel, and the CUSTOMER.
One final note: reputable developers provide responses to customer reviews. I note that none of your few reviews show and developer response. Do you even read them?
Would expect a lot more from SolarEdge. Can’t even get pass the first couple menus. App is telling me California is not a valid state, and it’s from a drop-down menu no less!
Waste of Fing time
Scans The optimizers okay. Says “site name invalid”. Tech support was not any help. Can’t upload site data so NG. I guess solar edge should hire someone who’s capable of building an app that works. Fing disgusted.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.