• Spanish Version of Word Wizard app called "Speak ‘N Spell for the iPad Generation" by the New-York Times
• Featured as "New & Noteworthy" in Mexico's App Store
Spanish Word Wizard is a unique app used in may nchools that lets kids hear the sounds of letters and words using a talking movable alphabet. Featuring advanced text to speech capabilities, the app can pronounce and spell-check an unlimited number of original spanish words.
Spanish Word Wizard also provides spelling practice with a list of more than 1,500 questions and answers, and the best is that you can add your own words to create any spelling quiz.
Note that this is an immersive Spanish app - no translation is provided except for menus.
--Learn to Read by Building Words --
• The Talking Movable Alphabet activity allows kids to experiment with word building and phonics thanks to the advanced text to speech engine (the first step in learning to read)
• Any text can be written and spoken
• 3 voices: 1 Latino voice (Female) and 2 Castilian voices (Female and Male)
• Uppercase & lowercase letters, numbers, digraphs, ABC or QWERTY keyboard
• Many settings to adapt the activities to the child’s needs (phonics or letter name, letter size, assign images to words, high contrast modes for kids with visual impairment,...)
-- Learn to Spell using the Talking Movable Alphabet and your word lists --
• 3 spelling activities that increase in difficulty
• 150 built-in word lists (about 1500 words)
• Add your own words to create unique spelling quizzes!
• Add your own images to illustrate your word lists
• Keep tabs on your children’s progress with detailed reports
Talking Movable Alphabet Activity
• Pronounce and spell-check any word, number or sentence
• Natural Sounding Voice
• Letter sound (phonic) or name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• Alphabetic or QWERTY layout, letters, numbers, consonant digraphs (like “th”) and vowels digraphs (like “oo”)
• Uppercase or lowercase letters
• Keyboard emulation option
• 4 letter sizes available (allowing for more or fewer letters on the board)
• Customized word pronunciation, if necessary
• Accessibility: external keyboard support and 4 high contrast modes available
Fun Spelling Activities
3 spelling activities of increasing difficulty are provided to adapt the activity to the child’s spelling level. You can use the built-in word lists or create your own.
1 - "Word Practice" says and displays the word to spell, and asks the child to spell it using the talking movable alphabet
2 - "Scrambled Letters" says the word and displays the letters needed to build the word or sentence, and asks the child to reorder the letters.
3 - “Spelling Quizzes” is a standard spelling test. The app won’t move onto the next word until the child has correctly spelled the word, helping them to remember its correct spelling.
• 150 built-in word lists
• Create custom Word Lists by entering your own words and sentences
• Import and export Word Lists you’ve created
• Hints are available should kids not know how to spell a word
• Colorful animations are displayed when a word is completed
• Once a quiz is completed, interactive animations are available as a reward
-- Users & Reports --
• Unlimited number of users
• Detailed Spelling Test Reports per user (can be exported in PDF)
-- Schools --
• Classkit Support
Please send your suggestions, comment or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are listening to our users to make our products even better.
• Updated Graphics optimized for all devices and resolutions
• Text-to-Speech engine update
• Assign images to words easily using the new image browser that search for royalty free images on the web for you
• Schools: ClassKit Integration
• Accessibility: external keyboard support for special needs kids who can't use the Movable Alphabet
• Accessibility: 4 high contrast modes available
• Import word lists from text files
• “Export Word Lists” now allows to include the images assigned to words, and to select only the lists you want to export
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool for teaching kids Spanish!
I have kids ages 9, 6, & 2. I've been looking for tool that will help in teaching my kids Spanish. It's important in learning the phonics associated with each letter and this application does a great job, in fact in may be one of the best for what it does. There are pre-defined spelling list but then you can also create your own. Most of the program is highly customizable which is often an issue with so many other apps. Kids are also rewarded with another fun side activity after completing a spelling test. The app was so great that I also bought the English version in order to practice our spelling words. Even though this app was made for kids, I also enjoy using it as well to work on my Spanish grammar. If you are learning Spanish it's a great app for your collection.
The best app to teach phonics in Spanish
I love this app. I am using it with my bilingual 1st grade class. It is awesome because I can create my own spelling list. My students love to use this app because it helps them practice the spelling of each word. Their grades have improved since we started using it. I wish that when I create my spelling list, I could it could be saved in all of my devices but any away I love it even though I have to create each list one at a time. Thank you so much
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pierre Abel
- 260.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © L'Escapadou 2011-2020
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.