Stage Write is the best method to capture choreography, staging blocking for theatrical productions of all sizes. Upload the ground plans and scenery and track the positions, movement of performers and scenery throughout the production. Create your calling script by uploading your script and easily entering cues and notes. Stage Write allows you to add collaborators to your production and share/sync data seamlessly between you and your team and sync across devices.
- Import scenic ground plan (or draw your own)
- Import script PDF to your production.
- Easily add light cues, sound cues, blocking notes into the script.
- Track the movement of performers, scenery, and props.
- Use your iPad Pro and Apple Pencil to freehand draw traffic patterns and movement of performers, scenery.
- Link spacing charts to portions of the script.
- Add collaborators to easily edit and sync across devices.
- Create a Calling Script showing the blocking and cues at-a-glance.
- Work on or off-line and sync data across devices.
- Sync data automatically to other collaborators
- Create custom number line
- Detail choreography and staging with The Staging Score.
- Create PDF of combined charts and script or score to easily print.
- Document choreography aligned with the counts in the music.
- New 'Measure from Image' feature to easily calculate set piece dimensions
- Optionally print linked chart name/number on script pages
- Updated measurement entry and display in feet and inches.
- Bug fixes in Script collaboration
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, some problems
I love the app, it works well in every capacity except it constantly crashes.
Developer Response ,
The crash was the result of a bug in one of the included templates. We fixed this issue in the latest update. Please feel free to give us a call or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can quickly find a solution and get you moving forward on your production!
Great Customer Service
Okay, I write VERY few reviews but this company is great. I worked with the previous version and just now switched to this new one. I am still a newbie and I am learning all of the things I can do.
I had an issue with a crash on the iPad app. I had no idea why. I emailed and they responded the same day. They tried to solve my issue and when they found out (It was my fault, I tried to upload a script that was the largest file in human existence and that was causing my crash) they STILL tried to find a way to fix my screw up.
This is great to hand to stage manager, AD, light board op, the entire cast… It is a wonderful tool that allows you to very easily pre plan blocking and set movements to save time in rehearsals.
I love this app because of this company and how much thought they put into it.
I am still learning it, but only knowing the basics allows this to be useful right away. Keep those updates coming (like copy only the permanent layer to a new show etc….) and thank you!
Just what I need!!!
I’ve been looking for an app like this forever and I’m so glad I finally found Stage Write!! Wow. If only I had this for the dozens of shows I’ve done up to this point. It’s saving me so much time not having to redo formations or trying to translate from videos or handwritten notes. It’s intuitive and so nice to have things all in one place. No more need to haul binders of show bibles around. The support team has been more than helpful answering my questions. Couldn’t rave about this more, it’s a lifesaver!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Open Jar Productions LLC
- 18.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Open Jar Productions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.