A simple notation and tab editor, Stave'n'Tabs could become your indispensable helper in music creation. Use smart and convenient tools of Stave'n'Tabs for composing and improving scores on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Get inspired by viewing majestic classics scores or practicing good old jazz. Easily edit sheet music and tablature with user friendly interface like never before. Share musical inspiration with your band using Stave'n'Tabs files.
• Start your new score from the scratch or with one of the two dozen templates
• Enter notes with intuitive instrument-independent interface or virtual Piano Keyboard
• Explore and edit your score with sophisticated Piano Roll and Drums Editor
• Create up to 15 instrument parts
• Choose from 22 groups of the instruments (keyboards, guitars, strings, drums, percussions, etc.) listening their preview fragments
• Use context-sensitive selection for bars, chords and tracks
• Modify notes with dots, tuplets and ties
• Make your music alive with lyrics
• Customize clefs, key signatures and time signatures for bars
• Change dynamics
• Switch between enharmonic equivalents of the notes
• Use customizable voices
• Setup tunings with the large value of presets
• Navigate around the score with Tracks board
• Easily copy, paste and remove selected areas
• Switch fast between tablature and stave inputs
• Edit tabs with easy-to-use numeric keypad or virtual Fingerboard
• Undo and redo actions
• Input notes by Staff Positions
• Set the visibility for instrument parts in the score
• Edit title and information about creators
• Select and customize horizontal, vertical or page layout for your score
• Use Scientific or Helmholtz pitch notation when entering notes
• Add repeat signs and volta brackets
• Don’t worry about losing data thanks to auto-saving
• Connect your MIDI devices to Stave'n'Tabs
Practice your songs
• Play the whole composition or selected fragment
• Customize metronome clicking and countdown
• Change the tempo and track’s audio properties on-the-fly
• Loop the playback of the desired part
• Track non-playable objects with "Highlight issues"
• Use "Starred scales" to determine the chromatic scales most similar to the selected area
• Adjust the semitones of the selected area notes to the chromatic scale
• Customize the chromatic scale for adjustment (in-app purchase)
• Diminish, augment and subdivide note values
• Transpose pitches by semitones
• Browse your projects with convenient file manager
• Store your compositions in iCloud Drive and keep them up-to-date across all your iOS devices
• Create new projects and duplicate existing (up to three editable projects in free version)
• Listen to preview fragments of the scores directly from the files menu
• Open SNT, MIDI, MusicXML, Compressed MusicXML, Guitar Pro (GPX, GP5, GP4, GP3) and Karaoke (KAR) files
• Edit MIDI, MusicXML, Compressed MusicXML, Guitar Pro and Karaoke files (in-app purchase)
• Organize your files from a desktop computer using iTunes or iCloud Drive
• Open files from Mail and other applications (Dropbox, Box, etc.)
• Convert files between supported formats (in-app purchase)
Share your brand-new hits with friends
• Email your scores and tabs right from Stave’n’Tabs
• Open files in other applications (in-app purchase)
• Print your score (in-app purchase)
• Export to PDF (in-app purchase)
• Added support for gradual changes of volume: crescendo and decrescendo (diminuendo)
• Added setting for showing or hiding bar numbers in Preferences
• Added feature for showing, hiding and rearranging dynamics notation
• Added support for ghost notes for percussion instruments
• Improved presentation of elements on the score
• Fixed copying of bars with repeats
• Fixed issues with overlapping of the score elements on each other
• Bug fixes
Thanks for your feedbacks and feature requests! They really help and inspire us on our way to the perfect and simple app that could become your true friend in the wonderful world of Music.
Have a good music making w/ Stave’n’Tabs!
Ratings and Reviews
Please Respond Developer
It's a pretty good app and I like it quite a bit. My one complaint is that I don't know how or where to find the symbol that indicates to slide from one fret to another fret when writing guitar tablature. Either I don't know where to find the symbol or maybe this app doesn't come with that feature. If the developer could reply and let me know where to find the symbol I'd really appreciate it. Or if you guys don't have the sliding symbol then please add it into a future update. I'd really appreciate it and I'd definitely give you guys a five star review. I've already recommended this app to a friend of mine and he really likes it.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you a lot for the kind review. Unfortunately, there are no slides in the current version, but that feature is in our task list for the future releases. So, please, stay tuned for the app's updates. Thank you and have a good music making w/Stave'n'Tabs!
This is a very good app but almost after over an hour or an hour and a half it crashes and won't let me back in the app. And then I have to wait 2-5 days until it finally works again but then it crashes again. Sometimes I turn my phone off and turn it back on again and that kind of works after 25 minutes. Please, I would like to know what to do to make this stop happening. What should I do?
Developer Response ,
Hi! Terribly sorry for the problem you are experiencing. Could you, please, send us some details about the environment (device, OS version, etc.) via email email@example.com. Such information could be useful to identify the reasons of the issue. Thank you!
...t Export CORR...Issue Resolved...Fast!
Update: Developer with -Super fast response (in great detail) to my questions! 5 Stars now. However I can’t import a files yet.
Developer response to my problemI like this app. (I am a pro music Teacher 20+ years) I use the apps: Notion and Notate me on a ipad pro 2017. Unfortunately this app won't export standard midi (or musicxml for that matter) to any other app including Garageband correctly, which is disappointing because that's one of the main reasons I bought the upgraded in-app purchase. Until this ahas resolved I con only give 3 stars.
Otherwise it's pretty easy to use- however it would be nice if layout for the back button was nearer note enter buttons are is. I mean, why is it way up in the right hand corner of the screen?
And I have say the ability to edit chord diagrams is outstanding. No other app has this feature. It's great.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion!
Here are some steps which you can make to use exported midi file in the GarageBand:
1) Change the file's extension from '.midi' to '.mid' via rename feature in the Stave'n'Tabs.
2) In GarageBand create new project and switch to Tracks view.
2) Tap the Loop Browser button in the control bar.
3) Switch to Files tab and click 'Browse items from the Files app'.
4) Go to the Stave'n'Tabs folder and select required .mid file.
5) Drag and drop added item to the Tracks area.
Hope you'll find this advice helpful!
As for the back button positioning, we consider adding special setting for changing it in the User Interface Preferences.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Ivan Korovin
- 146.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 - 2019, Brave Cakes Studio
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited projects $4.99
- Additional instruments $3.99
- Advanced composing $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.