-A simple & easy to use Commitment Device, backed by Behavioral Economic theory
-stickK: The Behavioral Economics Poster Child, featured in over 60 Books and 20 Textbooks
stickK: the poster child of Behavioral Economics (featured in over 60 books and 20 textbooks) turns 15 this year!
As seen on The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Bloomberg, The Economist, NPR, LA Times … and lots more!
Created by a Behavioral Economists from Yale University, stickK is a goal-setting platform, habit tracker and online community of goal-setters. Our platform is designed to motivate and help you achieve your goals by leveraging the power of incentives, financial accountability and social accountability to your advantage.
No matter what your goal is - meditate, learn a language, lose weight, quit smoking or drinking, exercise more often… stickK can motivate and help you achieve it! End procrastination once and for all. Hold yourself accountable. Turn your goals into habits.
HOW IT WORKS
Trick yourself into a virtuous cycle, turn your goal into a habit and stop procrastinating once and for all: create a Commitment Contract between present you and future you.
1. Set your goal - ANY goal (lose weight, self-care, meditation, finish thesis…) and a timeline to achieve it
2. Invite someone - a friend, coworker or family member - to hold you accountable and verify your progress
3. Put your money where your mouth is! Set a price on inaction - add Stakes to your commitment (optional)
4. Track your progress by reporting your successes or failures daily, weekly OR at the end of your Commitment Contract
INCENTIVES x ACCOUNTABILITY = TO SUCCESS
- Invite a Referee that can verify your progress reports. They’ll have the final word on your Report and will be an essential part of your journey.
- We’ll take their word over yours, so pick wisely!
- Add Stakes to your commitment and increase the chances of success
- If you’re unsuccessful, stickK will hold you accountable and send the amount at stake you pledged to:
- A friend
- Charity (from a list of 20+ 501(c)(3) organizations)
- Or our most popular option:
- An Anti Charity (an organization or foundation you fervently oppose)
Get an extra kick of motivation and select an Anti-Charity. Research shows that people work harder to ensure that their money never falls into the wrong hands ;)
- Upload pictures of your progress and share with friends & family
- Invite Supporters to become your personal cheerleaders and source of motivation
- Track your routine from start to finish in your Commitment Journal: record your thoughts, comments & – see yourself grow!
- Submit daily, weekly or periodic Reports: whether it’s a daily chore, a new habit, or a long-term commitment, stickK’s platform can suit any goal
SUPPORT NETWORK - GET MOTIVATED! JOIN A COMMUNITY OF ½ A MILLION GOAL SETTERS
With a vibrant support network of over 600,000 users, stickK Communities provide an unrivaled level of motivation and inspiration for like-minded goal setters.
See what others like you are committing to, motivate them with your creative Commitments and share your progress! Our Communities include:
• Diet & Healthy Eating
• Education & Knowledge
• Exercise & Fitness
• Family & Relationships
• Green Initiatives
• Money & Finance
• Weight Loss
• Sports, Hobbies & Recreation
• Health & Lifestyle
Whether you’re the everyday slacker trying to get some clarity in life with routine meditations, a life-long smoker who is looking to quit once and for all, or the casual runner that wants to step-it-up and run a marathon— stickK is the most motivating habit tracker out there that challenges you to stick(K) to your word, regardless of the goal!
Now with Daily Check-ins to track your progress daily. Daily planner & habit tracker.
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at support@stickK.com.
NEW: Share your progress to your favorite social network, right from your Commitment page:
1. Press ‘Share’ (top-right)
2. Snap (or pick) a photo. Add custom stickers & emojis
3. Share it on your favorite social network, your Commitment Journal or via SMS / Email
- You won't have to remember your username & password every time you access the app.
- Submitting multiple pictures to your Commitment Journal
Ratings and Reviews
Always Have to Log In
This app is a great and doesn't seem to have any competition. I really don't like that you have to log in everytime and it is so slow. Just make a thumb or face recognition like other apps to log-in if you need to make it secure.
There have been many days I have not been able to log into my account due to issues with Stickk. I had tried logging in on the app and through the web and it didn’t work. My password never changed and I was able to log in some days and not others. I contacted customer service and received no answer. I want to cancel my account and have not been able to. I have been charged everyday I have not been able to login. This is not right!!
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!
Forfeit is better
I like the whole concept of these. However, $5 per checkin is ridiculous. I can do a checkin with forfeit only with $1. Also, the support staff for StickK is super rude. At least with forfeit, you can set the firmness of your commitments. I think in total that forfeit is significantly better.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- stickK.com, LLC
- 57.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 stickK.com, LLC - All rights reserved