Unleash Your Puzzle Skills! Sudoku M.E. - The ultimate 9x9 puzzler with Apple Pencil integration and a sleek, modern interface. Play the world's best Sudoku on iOS!
***FEATURED AS APPLE'S GAME OF THE DAY IN 40+ COUNTRIES***
Get ready for a Sudoku adventure like no other! SUDOKU MASTER EDITION brings you the ultimate brain-twisting fun, wrapped in a shiny minimalist design.
Whether you're a Sudoku fanatic or a curious beginner, our game has it all. Get ready to:
- Immerse yourself in loads of custom themes! Exclusive events keep the fun flowing.
- Style your numbers with 26 hand-picked fonts for that extra touch of class.
- Experience a cool modern color palette that's easier on the eyes than penguin slippers.
- Feel the thunder in Lightning Mode and watch your numbers fly!
- Embrace imperfections with Mistake Mode. Perfection is overrated anyway!
- Flaunt your style with Classic Mode. Own those Sudoku rebels!
- Take on 5 difficulty levels from "Easy" to "Master." Are you up for the challenge?
- Express your artistic side with adjustable grid styles. Let your creativity flow!
- Find your Sudoku Zen in the relaxing Zen Mode. Leave worries behind!
- Leave yourself notes, reminders, or secret messages like a pro. We won't tell!
- Match your mood with 13 app icons. Your home screen deserves some flair!
- Dive into the darkness with the sleek Dark theme. Who needs sleep when Sudoku awaits?
- Let the mesmerizing tunes of EARLYGUARD guide your solving skills. Find your rhythm!
- Get a helping hand with Highlight Helper. Conquer Sudoku like a true master.
- Start games in a blink with Quick game start and Force Touch. No time to waste!
- Stay sharp with daily reminders. Keep those brain cells buzzing like ninjas!
- Enjoy the convenience of Auto-complete. Feeling lucky? It's got your back!
- Streamline your experience by disabling board animations. No unnecessary fluff!
- Get guidance from the in-app tutorial and help section. Even masters need a little support.
- Customize your Sudoku kingdom with show/hide options. Make it truly yours!
- And prepare for more surprises that will leave you grinning like a Cheshire cat!
APPLE PENCIL INTEGRATION (Requires compatible iPad & Apple Pencil):
- Channel your inner Sudoku maestro with a pen-and-paper experience. Scribble those numbers and notes!
- Unleash your creativity with the Notepad. Jot down ideas and erase with a tap. Magic at your fingertips!
No Apple Pencil? No problem! Simply toggle off the notepad and dive into the fun.
SUDOKU MASTER EDITION is packed with unlimited customization options, sleek icons, and a contemporary interface. Get ready for mind-bending challenges and stay tuned for more excitement coming your way!
What's Hot and Fresh in This Update!
We've swatted pesky bugs and sprinkled some magical improvements to make your app experience even more fabulous!
Thanks to all you lovely folks who've been with us on this wild ride. Your bug reports, feature requests, and feedback have been our fuel!
If you happen to spot any mischievous bugs, unleash the power of your typing fingers and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll swing into action faster than a caffeinated monkey!
Keep shining bright and stay tuned for more surprises. Happy exploring!
Ratings and Reviews
Was much better before version 3...
This latest update has introduced a bunch of bugs. Some are so fundamental as to make the game almost unusable now - it doesn’t remove notes as it’s supposed to when a number is locked in to a row, and just now I noticed it actually let me enter the number 2 twice in one row. The auto-fill function (for when there’s just one number in a segment remaining) has also stopped working properly, and all of a sudden the Apple Pencil integration is allowing non-pencil input, drawing on the notepad or filling number boxes with handwriting even when I’m not using the pencil, just tapping the screen with my finger! Also, the numbers no longer “go away” when they’re all placed. It used to be that when you had 9x 2s, the 2 would disappear as an option. Now it stays there, even though you can’t use it any more.
This was definitely the best sudoku app in the App Store, up until two days ago. Now.... eh. Needs some help!
Edit: updating to 5 stars based on developer response and quick resolution of reported issues! Mistakes happen but what matters is how you respond to them. And this team responded exactly as they should. Thanks, guys!
Developer Response ,
UPDATED: Thanks so much for the revised review. We really are working super hard to make sure that problems are taken care of immediately. We do have some friends and family and even users who beta test for us but don't always catch stuff, then there are device specific issues. We are grateful for your understanding, patience, sticking with us when we have issues and most importantly: giving us the opportunity to correct them. Thank you again!
Please update to the latest version that was just released today Dec 3. We hope that you find the new version to be a much better experience than 1 star. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any issues or suggestions. Thank you for your support!
Version 3.0 introduced a new mode - Classic Mode, which is activated by default. Please go into your settings & switch back to Mistake Mode, where you can enable to have duplicates removed, turn Quick Mode back on, etc.
Hope this helps!
Bad scoring system
I'm new to Sudoku, so I'm not sure how it would typically be scored, but the way this game does it is silly. When you play a tile, the name of the tile is multiplied by a number which decreases as the timer counts up. This scoring system allows for a user to be presented with the "same" board as another, execute the exact same sequence of moves with the same timing, and come to a different score. To do this, all you must do is permute all of the tile names, i.e., replace all 1s with 9s, all 2s with 1s, all 3s with 2s and so on. This doesn't really change the board since you could replace the numbers with letters or glyphs and the structure of the soduko board remains the same - there is still one one of each type of tile in each row, column, and square.
For a perfectionist like myself, this scoring system causes me to constantly restart games until I get that perfect start that allows me to play a bunch of 9s in the beginning. Ideally, the tiles would count evenly, since it doesn't really matter which tiles you are playing. If you are playing tiles at all then you're making progress. My suggestion would be to instead measure how sparse the board is (since play is more difficult the fewer tiles on the board) and multiply this value by the value determined by the timer. There are of course other options. I just don't like the way it is done now.
Other than that, this app is awesome. 4/5
Ads were not removed after money was paid.
I downloaded the game and realized there were ads underneath the game being played. There were also loud and annoying ads after the game was completed. I paid $4.99 to remove ads. The ads are still there — all of them. I wrote the game support group to find out what I should have expected when I paid to remove ads, and I did not get a response. I think they are dishonest. My advise to anyone using this game is to play it with the ads and to not pay any money to remove the ads. No one will remove them, and no one will respond to you. If I could give a lower mark than one star, I would.
Update: It has only been one day, and after I heard from the developers, I tried their suggestion. The ads are now gone, and I couldn’t be happier with the game. I like playing this game, and I am happy to find out that the people who developed it care enough about it to take care of the people who play it. My apologies for jumping to conclusions; I have run into game developers who are not interested in how their game affects those who play it, and I am glad to see that you are not one of them.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry, we didn't receive your email.
Please try the following:
- Make sure you're signed into the iTunes Account that you used to pay to remove ads.
- Open Sudoku ME
- Go into the game's Settings
- Click on "Restore Purchases" on the very top.
That oughta fix it; if not, PLEASE email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hoolatron Studios
- 152.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Hoolatron Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $7.99
- Premium Theme Credit $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.