SugarSync is the best way to backup, access, sync, and share all your files and folders including documents, photos, videos, and music — from any computer or mobile device.
• Sync any folder on your computer. Access your documents, photos, videos, or music from any computer, mobile device, or SugarSync website.
• Automatically back up photos and videos from the Camera Roll into SugarSync.
• Share Privately when you want to share with a few select people. Only people who receive the invite will be able to view your files.
• Share Public links when you want to share with a broader audience. Anyone with the link can access your files.
• Access Shared Content - Files and folders that other people have shared with you can be accessed on the go.
• Cloud Search - Easily search for any file or folder that has been synced to SugarSync from any of your computers. You can then view, sync, or share the file right from your iOS app.
• Open In - Save documents, photos, or videos from other apps into your SugarSync app. You can even select the folder to which you want to save the file to.
• Beautiful Photo Gallery so you can access all the photos in your SugarSync account.
• Stream Videos and Music that you have in SugarSync without actually downloading them to your device.
• Free plan allows you try SugarSync for 90 days
What others are saying about SugarSync?
SugarSync "is by far the best solution I have tested to replicating and synchronizing your files across multiple computers. It really works." – Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal
Using SugarSync to manage your files is a lifesaver and I think it is the only sane way to edit documents on the go" – John Biggs, TechCrunch
• Protected Folders comes to iOS
• Protect new folders
• Manage existing folders
• Restore corrupt data
• Support for Shorcuts in iOS12
• Fixed Open In functionality
• Crash fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Still great, but annoying update glitch
It used to be great until they broke it in a recent update. App wouldn’t even open after that update. I had to delete the app and reinstall it to fix the problem.
It’s great for being to access files on the move or just away from your desk. I really am a fan of SugarSync’s cloud services. Their apps generally work super smooth.
Never, ever again.
I cannot think of a product worse than SugarSync whether on iOS, OS X, or Windows. Their updates always wing up with issues, especially on the UI. They are a very costly solution. Subscriptions are a pain, and you have to jump through hoops to prove that you have deleted all occurrences of the software before they will even entertain a refund and generally, they do not refund your money, so you are stuck with them for the length of the subscription.
More than this issue however was the fact that over half of my archive storage was impacted when they allowed viruses ti infect my files. Most of those could never be recovered.
My recommendation, walk away from SugarSync. Use a more reliable system like Dropbox, Apple iCloud, MS One Drive, or Google Drive. I have never had problems with these and have used them for over four years now..
Was once better than Dropbox
I had to walk away because long-term bugs and needed features never materialized. However, my primary concern was the appearance of lax security. A general support inquiry I opened was replied to with enough specificity to give the appearance that their staff had unfettered visibility of my directories and files. This may have changed since then but it was alarming enough for me to move files off the service.
At one time (circa 2010 or so) SugarSync had a cutting edge product that worked as marketed. Then they reengineered the sync engine and everything went south from there. Like many I remained longer than I wanted due to the forced renewals and the impression that my “no renew” flag was somehow removed during a GUI redesign.
- SugarSync, Inc.
- 16.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 j2 Global, Inc. and Affiliates
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.