SuperScore is the premiere app for viewing, managing, and interacting with your library of musical scores. SuperScore provides virtually unlimited notation sizes with Liquid Music Display™ technology. Simply use the standard pinch and spread gestures to find the size and layout that is right for you.
SuperScore provides a unique bundle of features including:
• Liquid Music Display™ technology that reformats the music notation to accommodate your chosen viewing size
• Option to show/hide musical parts
• Playback of scores that contain embedded MIDI performances with the option to mute selected parts
• Additional playback features including looping, tempo control, and metronome
• Full/partial page-turns by swipe, wireless Bluetooth pedal, MIDI signal, or intelligent score-following
• Intelligent and interactive play-along features when you play a MIDI instrument connected to your iPad
• Support for wireless Bluetooth LE MIDI devices
• Markup mode for adding musical symbols or your own free-hand drawings to the score
• Option to create Collections (e.g. “playlists” or “set lists”) that enable you to switch quickly from score to score during a lesson or gig.
• PDF Import (optional, in-app purchase feature)
SuperScore works with specially-formatted SuperScore files provided by publishers, composers, and arrangers and which are uniquely available from TimeWarp Technologies. SuperScore comes with sample files, and you may acquire additional scores as in-app purchases.
You can also import and use PDF scores (if you add this optional feature). Although Liquid Music Display technology and MIDI playback do not extend to PDF files, you can enjoy other SuperScore features when using PDFs, such as the various methods of page-turning, markups, and Collections. Import PDFs using the “Share/Open In…” feature of Dropbox, Mail, and similar apps.
Future feature: Add your own MusicXML files and use SuperScore as a convenient place to store your entire music library. The option to import MusicXML files will be available as an in-app purchase feature.
SuperScore’s unique features start with a completely flexible Liquid Music Display, available instantly in virtually any size or layout. In both landscape and portrait orientations, SuperScore reformats the music instantly, maintaining the integrity of the score regardless of the size you choose. And if your score has multiple parts, you can show and hide parts at will.
An extensive set of annotation tools enables you to mark up your scores for practice or performance. You can even show or hide your markups with a simple tap on the screen.
Page-turning, the bane of many-a-musician, couldn’t be easier. SuperScore offers multiple page-turn options, including full and partial page-turns. You can set a playback tempo and follow a moving cursor while enjoying automatic page-turning or use any Bluetooth pedal accessory for hands-free page turns. You can even use a MIDI foot switch pedal to turn pages.
SuperScore files are often available with backing tracks that provide an immersive, real-world performance experience for students and professionals alike! These performance-type files can be played at ANY tempo, with the flexibility to mute any backing track.
MIDI connectivity adds a whole other dimension to SuperScore. With any MIDI-enabled digital, hybrid, or even acoustic instrument, SuperScore can actually follow your playing. SuperScore responds to your tempo and dynamics, adjusting the speed and expression of the accompaniment parts, and turns your pages automatically. There is even a learning mode in which the program will wait for you to play each note.
Once you have purchased add-on support for MusicXML files (coming soon) and PDF files, all of your scores can be stored, viewed, and annotated in SuperScore. You can even create set lists (called Collections) to keep yourself organized during lessons or at your next gig!
There are a number of new features in this release of SuperScore!
• SuperScore files can now have a video attached—if supplied by the publisher.
• When using a score in a Purchased Volume or a Collection, a swipe up or down on the score will open the next or previous file.
• Full screen mode now persists when you move from piece to piece in a Purchased Volume or Collection.
• The current Play mode now persists when you move from piece to piece in a Purchased Volume or Collection.
• When using a QWERTY keyboard with the iPad, a long press on the Command key will bring up a list of currently available keyboard shortcuts.
• Faster loading of the Store.
• Improved system for delivering updates to purchased scores.
Please leave us a review in the App Store and let us know what you think!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Music teachers' dream app
I love the interactive feature which enables students to learn on their own. Many scores, even traditional classical pieces, include snazzy accompaniments which can also act as a metronome. I've seen my students' sense of rhythm, previously undiscovered, suddenly kick in when the accompaniment is turned on. With or without a connected digital keyboard, SuperScore greatly facilitates the learning and enjoyment of performing all styles of piano music.
This is a game changer!
I'm not exaggerating when I say that this app is revolutionizing music technology! I will disclose the fact that some of my compositions and arrangements are for purchase on SuperScore...but know that I sought out this technology and chose it as the only app publication format for my pieces! I'm simply blown away by the level of interactivity, the ability to resize sheet music (zooming in readjusts the entire layout), excellent ability to mark up scores with either their huge palette of musical symbols or by writing with your finger or stylus, playback and follow-along capabilities...I could go on & on. And for piano teachers, with the iPad Pro (which is the size of a piano book), you have a wonderful resource to become more digital in your studios. Highly recommended!
Crash on trying to open a score
Using iPad Pro latest iOS.
- TIMEWARP TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- 251.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 1995-2019 TimeWarp Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Import PDF Scores $4.99
- Creative Musicianship Samples
- Romantic Impressions Book 1 by Martha Mier $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.