Surge is a web development and proxy utility. It is designed for developers and therefore requires professional knowledge to use.
These four capabilities form the core workflow of Surge:
· Takeover: You can take over the network connection sent by the device. Surge supports both proxy service and virtual NIC takeover.
· Forwarding: You can forward the taken over network requests to other proxy servers. This can be global forwarding or with a flexible rule system to determine an outbound policy.
· Intercept: You can intercept and save specific data of network requests and responses, and you can also decrypt HTTPS traffic with MITM.
· Takeover all HTTP/HTTPS/TCP traffic from any applications on your device, and redirect to an HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5/SOCKS5-TLS/SSH proxy server following highly configurable rules.
· Used as a WireGuard Client to convert the L3 VPN as a proxy.
· Record and display HTTP requests and responses sent from your iOS devices, including body and header.
· Configure rules using domain match, domain suffix, domain keyword, CIDR IP range, and GeoIP lookup.
· Measure traffic usage and network speed on WiFi, cellular, and proxy connections.
· High performance and suitable for intensive use.
· Block ads by domain rules.
· Local DNS Map (equivalent to /etc/hosts). You can use this function to switch the production/development environment for your app without changing any code.
· All features work on the cellular network.
· Decrypt HTTPS traffic with Man-in-the-Middle.
· Perform URL rewrite.
· Fully IPv6 supports.
· Header rewrite.
· Raw L3 packets capture.
· Safari extension to add rules.
· JSON, text, image and video viewer for the captured body.
· Album mode for the request list.
· Pre-filter for capturing.
· HTTPS proxy protocol supports client-side SSL/TLS certificate validation.
· Sync profiles cross devices with iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
· DNS-over-HTTPS, DNS-over-HTTP3, DNS-over-QUIC, TLS 1.3 and more advanced features.
You may read the online manual for more information: http://manual.nssurge.com/
Terms and Conditions: https://nssurge.com/legal/terms
- Added a delayed update mode to the view of the recent request, which will automatically start when too many requests are received, to avoid the Surge main application from getting jammed.
- Optimized the check logic of ICMP traffic limit to avoid the alarm triggered by high concurrency in a very short period.
- Added a lock screen widget that can be used to quickly open Surge.
- Added a view to examine the modified profile after modules are applied.
- Added a new Siri action: enable or disable modules, which can be used with Shortcut.
Ratings and Reviews
There are many malicious comments due to payment issues. But it’s a great app for sure.
Even after so many years, Surge has always been at the forefront.
Easily the best of its kind.
Hands down the most versatile network debugger for iOS you can ever find on the market. A little pricey but totally worth every penny.
The best Swiss-knife network tool
Surge is the best network tool set I’ve ever used. It is the perfect one if you’re dealing with network development and sniffing.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Surge Networks Inc.
- 62.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Surge Networks Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Subscription $14.99
- Surge Pro $49.99