Gladiator, it is time to go underground! For the first time ever, you shall step beyond the arena sands and into the dark dungeons of the world.
Swords and Sandals V Redux: Grail of Antares, the latest thrilling installment in the world's greatest gladiator game series, has arrived! A unique mix of turn based gladiatorial arena combat and roguelike dungeon crawling, S&S V also boasts an epic 20 hour adventure in which our hero will journey to the frozen frontier town of Suul's Gateway - the home of Brandor's most terrifying beasts and hardiest gladiators.
Rumours swirl that the dread Emperor Antares, once thought vanquished in the arena, has returned. They say his soul lies in wait, under the vast mountain. Will you find the Grail and destroy him, saving the realm? Or will you take his place as a new evil overlord?
* Fast-paced turn based gladiator combat. Do battle against wily gladiators using hundreds of different weapons and armour sets. Use powerful new skills to vanquish your foes.
* For the first time, procedurally generated roguelike dungeon crawling! Explore vast pyramids, ancient tombs and frozen caverns on your search for the grail.
* A living and breathing, interactive game world. Pick locks, disarm traps and pray at shrines. Drink in taverns, talk to shopkeepers. Eat hamburgers found in dungeons!
* An epic, 5 Act story that spans many chapters. Beloved characters and despised villains from Swords and Sandals games past shall guide and hinder you.
* Fight all new arena champions - not just human gladiators, but mighty beasts. Take down a 40 foot tall giant spider. Dodge the flames of an ancient dragon!
* All new Gladiator Sprint game mode: Compete in a lightning fast endless tournament. Level up after each battle. Tackle classic gladiator champions from Swords and Sandals' glorious past.
* All new Dungeon Crawl game mode: Quick-make a gladiator and explore an endless dungeon, fighting monsters and trying to survive as long as you can. Will you hold the world record for the deepest dungeon level reached?
* Five character classes to choose from. Noble knights, crafty rogues and more - each with their own unique abilities for surviving the dungeons.
This is by far the largest and greatest Swords and Sandals adventure ever made. Only the greatest gladiators will survive the dark. Will you stand among the brave few?
The Grail of Antares awaits you!
*** NOTE ***
In this FREE version of the game your gladiator can advance through to the defeat of the 3rd arena champion. To continue, there is a one off "Maximus" In App Purchase which will give you a special suit of Maximus armour, remove advertisements, and unlock the rest of the game ( all 5 acts and 20 chapters).
There is also an optional "Ultratus" In App Purchase that unlocks two extra game modes, the Endless Dungeon Crawl and the Gladiator Sprint, as well as giving gladiators a special dungeoneering toolkit and powerful Ultratus Amulet.
* Maximus Armour now available from Huntley's more
* More accurate touch detection while walking in dungeons
* Fixed up how items work in dungeon when you have a lot of items. You can now properly look through your items when tapping USE ITEM in the dungeon and choose the item you want
* Fixed a bug where loot panels would spawn twice if tapping button fast
* Fixed a bug where Falcon Eyes skill used melee damage instead of ranged damage values
* Increased damage power of Winters Core per point spent on skill
* Fixed a bug where Children of the Malevolence left massive blood splats on screen
* Fixed up animation of spirit and shaman enemies
* Fixed a bug where arenas sometimes scrolled past where they should and sky was visible behind
* Fixed some jittery camera bugs while in the arena
* Changed how elemental/magic resistance works. Spells that fail to hit now show a "MISS" icon (instead of RESIST). Successful spells damage is *reduced* by whatever your magic resistance is.
* Enemies who have 100% resistance against you will show an IMMUNE icon still.
* Fixed a bug where enemies in dungeons did not rest when their essence reached zero
* Fixed a visual bug where your gladiator didn't appear at the top of the stairs in the Hypogeum intro
* Damage to enemies now is cumulative. If an enemy has 25 armour and you do 100 damage, not only does the armour go down to 0, you also take an extra 75 points of damage.
*Added a shake screen if you one-shot your enemy.
* Changed how resistances work. Spells that fail to hit now show a "MISS" icon (instead of RESIST). Successful spells damage is *reduced* by whatever your resistance stat is. (A fireball spell that hits for 200 damage against a character with 50% fire resist will only do 100 damage, for example)
* The game now auto sorts your items better into groups so you won't see multiple icons for torches, potions etc.
* Reworked dungeon generation algorithm to ensure Levers do not spawn under dungeon guardians/bosses etc
* Also reworked spawn position algorithm for monsters and items.
* Gold rewards for rolling a 20 when resurrecting have been reduced to 50 gold + 25 gold per level
* All food costs have been reduced by 75%. Barn Eggs are more expensive.
* Gladiators now get 500 starting gold when starting in Dungeon Crawl
* Reduced the average character level of other gladiators in dungeons
* You now get XP for any gladiator/monster within 9 levels of your level ( previously was 5 levels )
* The size of gladiators in dungeons no longer scales dramatically( characters with high strength / vitality previously got way too big to fit in doors visually)
* Priests now start with the Levitate ability
* You can now see which dungeon level you are on from the overlay panel in the top left
* Improved the tween in animation for arena champions as they enter the arena
* Changed the order in which artefacts can be discovered to:
- McNess Ring of Avoid Traps (first dungeon)
- Ring of Insomnia (second dungeon)
- Ring of Nacho Theory(third dungeon)
- Ring of Evermore (fourth dungeon)
* Made damage splat image popups smaller
* Removed knockback effect from Molten Death spell
* Reduced damage of enemies in all difficulties except normal
* Reduced max health of enemies in all difficulties except normal
* Magic Missile cooldown improves with each point spent on skill
* Removed 'More S&S' button from Town
* Changed Sir Belgrave's appearance to make him look like an older knight. He was never meant to look like a Samurai but something got lost in translation with the original artist.
* Removed screen blur when opening chests (was creating texture memory issues)
* Added stunned/scared animations when enemy gladiators health reaches zero in the arena and before death
* Boosted the Lord of Sorrow's character level, armour and damage values* Fixed a visual bug where Arena Champion battles were not centered and the characters were too large on screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Met my Expectations
As much as I love this game, and even if I grew up with it, I wish it'd have more features and less bugs. Also I don't really like the dungeon exploring, because my favorite part of the game was fighting in the colosseum. I think I'd be better if the exploring was optional and not required for quests.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the 4 star review! Don't forget to email us your iTunes receipt for the Maximus Edition IAP to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply back via email with your 50% off coupon to our PC store at http://www.egames.com
This golden-ticket coupon will save you $7.50 on the Swords and Sandals classic flash game VIP bundle which normally costs $15. The VIP bundle will give you all of the classic Swords and Sandals games and 16 other games. Check it out right here http://play.egames.com/egames-vip/
Great game, only few bugs
I love the game. I didn’t feel pressured to buy the upgrade, but I did anyway to support the developers. The thing I noticed is that when first starting the game, the “privacy” button at the top right seems to be almost entirely cut off. I can still press it, but it makes me feel as if I’m missing some of the screen area. I haven’t run into any problems because of it, just thought I should mention it. A couple spelling errors. Also when in the dungeons, it seems really hard to accurately choose where to press. Tapping on the actual square I want to go to does not work, it’s like I have to aim an entire extra square in that direction to move where I want to, which makes traveling in the dungeons kinda irritating.
Dungeon door glitch
I enjoy the game, but it’s absolutely Firestone in the dungeons when sometimes the squares just can’t be clicked. I’ve tried everything, and just some levels I can’t go deeper because it can’t click on the door. I’d love if y’all could work on that
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- eGames.com LLC
- 105.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Copyright 2018 eGames.com LLC and Whiskeybarrel Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Ultratus Mode $1.99
- Maximus Mode $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.