Gladiator, it is time to go underground! For the first time ever, you shall step beyond the arena sands and into the dark dungeons of the world.
Swords and Sandals V Redux: Grail of Antares, the latest thrilling installment in the world's greatest gladiator game series, has arrived! A unique mix of turn based gladiatorial arena combat and roguelike dungeon crawling, S&S V also boasts an epic 20 hour adventure in which our hero will journey to the frozen frontier town of Suul's Gateway - the home of Brandor's most terrifying beasts and hardiest gladiators.
Rumours swirl that the dread Emperor Antares, once thought vanquished in the arena, has returned. They say his soul lies in wait, under the vast mountain. Will you find the Grail and destroy him, saving the realm? Or will you take his place as a new evil overlord?
* Fast-paced turn based gladiator combat. Do battle against wily gladiators using hundreds of different weapons and armour sets. Use powerful new skills to vanquish your foes.
* For the first time, procedurally generated roguelike dungeon crawling! Explore vast pyramids, ancient tombs and frozen caverns on your search for the grail.
* A living and breathing, interactive game world. Pick locks, disarm traps and pray at shrines. Drink in taverns, talk to shopkeepers. Eat hamburgers found in dungeons!
* An epic, 5 Act story that spans many chapters. Beloved characters and despised villains from Swords and Sandals games past shall guide and hinder you.
* Fight all new arena champions - not just human gladiators, but mighty beasts. Take down a 40 foot tall giant spider. Dodge the flames of an ancient dragon!
* All new Gladiator Sprint game mode: Compete in a lightning fast endless tournament. Level up after each battle. Tackle classic gladiator champions from Swords and Sandals' glorious past.
* All new Dungeon Crawl game mode: Quick-make a gladiator and explore an endless dungeon, fighting monsters and trying to survive as long as you can. Will you hold the world record for the deepest dungeon level reached?
* Five character classes to choose from. Noble knights, crafty rogues and more - each with their own unique abilities for surviving the dungeons.
This is by far the largest and greatest Swords and Sandals adventure ever made. Only the greatest gladiators will survive the dark. Will you stand among the brave few?
The Grail of Antares awaits you!
*** NOTE ***
In this FREE version of the game your gladiator can advance through to the defeat of the 3rd arena champion. To continue, there is a one off "Maximus" In App Purchase which will give you a special suit of Maximus armour, remove advertisements, and unlock the rest of the game ( all 5 acts and 20 chapters).
There is also an optional "Ultratus" In App Purchase that unlocks two extra game modes, the Endless Dungeon Crawl and the Gladiator Sprint, as well as giving gladiators a special dungeoneering toolkit and powerful Ultratus Amulet.
* Fixed a bug where gladiators received a black screen when trying to reload in demo mode
* Added a 'demo end' screen after the end of the first act
* Fixed an animation bug on the boss battle introductions
* Fixed a graphical glitch on Macaques in dungeons
* Other small gameplay balances
Ratings and Reviews
When I try to descend in any dungeon my character just disappears and doesn’t go farther into the level. It happens in every dungeon and I can only go back to the surface
Edit: I’ve encountered another bug where the gladiator keep just doesn’t show up. And the cloud background is the only thing there. The only way of leaving is closing the game entirely. I’ve gotten as far as I can in this game without being able to descend farther but now I’m stuck. I’d like playing this game and would like to finish it especially since I paid for it.
Great game, I recommend you install it! I used to play swords and sandals when I was younger and this brings back memories. For me to be able to play swords and sandals wherever I am! Really fun just wish I didn’t have to pay to play the entire game! It’s worth it to play the entire game though! Great game overall! Definitely a 4 star if it didn’t have the purchase, also I do feel like there can be some more adjustments to it, to kind of make it a more fun experience such as making it a 1gb game for some other stuff added such as being able to roam around the city and tavern. If this was added though, it would be a huge game, and probably around call of duty’s size game like in gigs. Probably 4 or 5gb would make this easily possible. Doesn’t even need to be like that just like to be able to roam the stores like the menu thing to buy stuff, then to be able to click on it and be put into a 3D game like the dungeon! This would be absolutely insane and a game changer!
Great game, only few bugs
I love the game. I didn’t feel pressured to buy the upgrade, but I did anyway to support the developers. The thing I noticed is that when first starting the game, the “privacy” button at the top right seems to be almost entirely cut off. I can still press it, but it makes me feel as if I’m missing some of the screen area. I haven’t run into any problems because of it, just thought I should mention it. A couple spelling errors. Also when in the dungeons, it seems really hard to accurately choose where to press. Tapping on the actual square I want to go to does not work, it’s like I have to aim an entire extra square in that direction to move where I want to, which makes traveling in the dungeons kinda irritating.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- eGames.com LLC
- 105.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Copyright 2018 eGames.com LLC and Whiskeybarrel Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Ultratus Mode $1.99
- Maximus Mode $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.