**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and be running the latest Synology Chat 2.0.0 to get the complete set of features*
Synology Chat allows you to create a safe and secure place where conversations can be held in real-time. Using Synology Chat to create a channel for purpose-oriented discussion or a conversation for temporary talk.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
Compatiblity and Installation
1. This version is only available on iOS 13.0 and above versions.
1. Supports recording, sending, and playing back voice messages.
2. Supports dynamically adjusting the size of text according to system settings.
3. Supports pre-loading messages when users receive push notifications to expedite the process of opening channels. The option can be modified in app settings.
4. Supports opening links in-app without having to jump to an external browser app. The option can be modified in app settings.
5. Supports the modification of all messages or only messages sent within the last 24 hours, or disallow modifications altogether, depending on the rule set in Synology Chat Admin Console. (Available with Synology Chat Server 2.3.0 and above versions)
6. Enhanced the connection process over QuickConnect to strengthen security.
7. Supports TLS 1.3 in accordance with the modern compatibility of DSM 7.0.
1. Fixed an issue where users may fail to modify their own usernames when using input methods that require multiple keystrokes to generate characters (e.g., Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters).
2. Fixed an issue where links with the character "*" could not be correctly parsed as links.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could be great.
My business uses Synology Chat for internal communication and this app has been very helpful during this time of working from home but there are two things I would love to see in the next possible update.
1) The option to keep the sidebar persistently visible.
2) Added support for Split View and Slide Over.
These additions would allow me to work on my iPad Pro while being able to reference and quickly communicate with my team.
Thanks for all the hard work thus far!
Reliable but still lacking iOS 9 features
As others have posted, I get constant disconnects from the server making communication impossible. Not exaggerating, 40-50 disconnected and failed messages per day, this is not good for business.
Also, split screen on the iPad still isn’t supported...the app just feels neglected.
Oct 2018 update: The app hasn’t been updated in 6 months (except for GDPR compliance), we must assume that they are deprecating and discontinuing it. No updates for new iPhones nor iOS 12.
January 2019: Update issued: basic iOS 9 split-screen functionality still has not been added.
June 2019: Still no split view functionality, the latest update was minor bug fixes but still awaiting iOS 9 features. No watch app either, no multi-DS logins, but they JUST added copy/paste support for images...
Hoping for the best
I have had my synology nas for 7 years now, upgraded fee times to faster and all updates are good, but this is epic! Web interface is neat, simple and clean... still trying to connect the app, but so far I'm fantastically happy about th feature!! Finally going away of WhatsApp!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synology Inc.
- 71.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.