**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and be running the latest Synology Chat 2.0.0 to get the complete set of features*
Synology Chat allows you to create a safe and secure place where conversations can be held in real-time. Using Synology Chat to create a channel for purpose-oriented discussion or a conversation for temporary talk.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
Compatibility and Installation
1. This is the last version that supports Synology Chat Server versions 1.1 (2017-06-22) or older. As of the next release, mobile clients will only support Synology Chat Server 2.0 (2017-12-14) and later versions.
2. This is the last version that supports iOS 10. As for the next release, Synology Chat will only support devices with iOS 11 or later versions.
1. Added option to disable Firebase Analytics.
2. Optimized the loading performance of the sidebar menu.
1. Fixed the issue where the hotkey combination of "Shift" and "Enter" might not create a new line in the message box properly on connected Bluetooth keyboard.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix app
I want to like this app. It has bugs. You have to leave individual conversation and reenter for content to appear.
Reliable but still lacking iOS 9 features
As others have posted, I get constant disconnects from the server making communication impossible. Not exaggerating, 40-50 disconnected and failed messages per day, this is not good for business.
Also, split screen on the iPad still isn’t supported...the app just feels neglected.
Oct 2018 update: The app hasn’t been updated in 6 months (except for GDPR compliance), we must assume that they are deprecating and discontinuing it. No updates for new iPhones nor iOS 12.
January 2019: Update issued: basic iOS 9 split-screen functionality still has not been added.
June 2019: Still no split view functionality, the latest update was minor bug fixes but still awaiting iOS 9 features. No watch app either, no multi-DS logins, but they JUST added copy/paste support for images...
Is the app still supported
Wasn’t this added years ago? Why can’t I message people and do other tasks like every other app?
October 2019 update:
Core iOS 9 features, such as split view, are still unsupported. Odd since this is the “last version to support iOS 10”. Lack of dark mode makes this app blinding vs the rest of the OS. No effort put into adding features, barely any basic bug fixes
- Synology Inc.
- 94.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Synology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.