Scam Shield protects every customer with T-Mobile's advanced scam-blocking technologies—for FREE. And with our Scam Shield App, you can easily manage your anti-scam features. Plus, everything is saved on our network, so your settings will stay, even if you remove the app or get a new phone.
Features included with T-Mobile Scam Shield App:
• Scam Block: helps keep all likely scammers off your phone entirely, so you can answer more confidently.
• Scam Reporting: identifies suspicious callers or fraudsters and helps prevent their calls from being received by you—or others—in the future.
• Caller ID: reduces unidentified calls by displaying a caller's information, even if they're not in your contact list.
• Scam Counter: shows you the number of likely scam calls blocked and kept off your phone when Scam Block is turned on, and the number received when it's turned off.
• Mark Your Favorites: ensures that calls from important numbers always come through—even if they've been labeled as Scam Likely.
We're always working to enhance your experience to give you more control over calls.
- Refreshed design, updated interface
- With Scam Counter, you'll see the number of likely scam calls blocked and kept off your phone when Scam Block is turned on, and the number received when it's turned off.
- Mark your Favorites, so important calls always come through
- Improvements to network algorithms for tagging and blocking scam calls
- Improvements to how call categories are tagged
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Get Rid Of Annoying Robo calls
If you have T-Mobile service and get scam, and Robo calls, this is the app for you. I have tried everything to stop Robo calls. Everything was unsatisfactory. Until I tried the T-Mobile call ID App. It stopped Robo and scam calls in there tracks. T-Mobile already identifies a good percentage of scam calls free. With this app there a long gone memory. You can have scam call not even reach your phone. There’re blocked on the network before ever reaching your phone. You also have the option of sending them straight to voicemail if you feel that they may be mislabeled. The app also identifies callers by name like your home caller ID. The app works fantastic. Easy to use and very practical. I recommend to anyone with a high volume of scam or Robo calls.
Why does this app block your friends cell numbers?
So I’m looking at a lot of reviews about this app from one year ago. How is it that these reviews were written over one year ago and this app was just recently released as of last Friday? Think about that one as the review goes on.
Back to this review. It’s great if you want to stop scam calls. But it’s bad if the app picks up your friends cell numbers. I’ve had to call T-Mobile twice. Once on the day of this apps release, and twice today. So I guess you could say three times. At any rate, I’ve had to give the representatives my friends cell phone numbers so that way they could be reported as not being spam or scam calls. As of this review I have uninstalled the app until these issues are fixed. I also think if this app is supposed to be free, we shouldn’t have to get the premium features such as sending things like charity calls, survey collars, prison/jail collars, and other collars to voicemail. Those options should be free to us. The app works very well for those of us who use voiceover. But, this app also needs improvement and learning better artificial intelligence and machine language. It needs to differentiate scammers from your friends list.
Great start for giving consumers control over there phone calls however i think you can do even more. I would like to have this expanded to text messages as well. Also I would like to have it where the system can identify where the call originated from or where the call is regastered to like where the person lives. Also add a report option to report that the a call was categorized incorrectly or the caller id info is wrong. This way theses issues are fixed and new calls made by that phone number would show up correctly to other users. Also add a option to record phone calls for calls that come in that are not on my contacts list. This way if a call is spam legal authorities would have something to use agenst thesss people to put a stop to unwanted calls.
Needs to be expanded to include text messages as well
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.