Learning to be a Swift programmer has never been so easy, convenient, or fun!
TapCoding uses thousands of bite-sized exercises to teach you to code. All together, this content is easily the size of an entire programming book.
But programming books are boring.
Don't just read about programming in Swift. Actually do it, with all the interactive exercises:
- Code building pages for producing code via drag-and-drop.
- True/false exercises for emphasizing important concepts.
- Code typing pages for reinforcing the rote muscle memory of coding.
- Error spotting pages for comprehending existing code and detecting mistakes in logic or syntax.
These exercises get you into the action, helping you engage and invest in your learning.
TapCoding's carefully crafted curriculum takes you from a complete newbie up to an intermediate skill level, all from the comfort of your couch. The novice course can be unlocked 100% for free, so get started today!
1.3.3 (and 1.3.2)
~ Fixed bugs preventing progress through some typing exercises.
1.3 & 1.3.1
~ Added support for iOS 13 and various new screen sizes.
~ Bug fixes on the reading pages.
~ Fixed inconsistent navigation bar in dark mode.
~ Fixed bottom-of-page indicator not appearing when swiping between pages.
~ Minor layout improvement on home screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you TapCoding
I couldn’t be much happier with this app. It’s just what it says it is and that’s refreshing. I especially love the once daily reminders to practice. It teaches you to pace yourself in the learning experience instead of getting the much dreaded burnout of trying to soak in too much in one sitting. The persistent quizzing is also very effective in helping you to not only gain but retain the knowledge you’re acquiring. Hats off to the developers. I would’ve given it five stars but I’m gonna save that star for some incentive for you to keep wowing me. Lol. Thanks again.
Needs three (significant) improvements
The language is mostly clear and the lessons offer a good level of difficulty for a first-time coder. Three faults keep this from being a GREAT app (and I would have made this suggestion in the app, but the flag/feedback system is more suited to individual pages than the app as a whole... so maybe four faults);
1. Everyone says it and it's true -- there needs to be a way to save progress in the middle of a lesson, when you don't have a full 15-20 minutes.
2. Navigation is limited to single-step-forward. I need a way to go back and look something up without starting each section over (and doing each exercise until I reach the page I need).
3. The tap function is a great idea -- really makes this app work on a phone or tablet. However, the typing function doesn't make sense. I get that there's a memory component to typing... but I think that only works with touch-typing on a keyboard. Hunt-and-peck (with just your thumbs, no less) doesn't provide the same memory-improving haptic connection. The virtual keyboard of touch devices requires too much attention to spaces, shifts, and navigating the letter/number/symbol keypad.
Plus, it's hell on the thumbs.
Some great ideas and a good lesson plan (I bought the full package) but these three issues hamstring the learning process.
So easy to learn with this app!!!
I am greatly impressed with and grateful for this app. The method is consistent, clear and methodical. It is also helping me to gain the habit of taking time each day to learn as opposed to going full on one day and then nothing for two weeks and losing much of what I've learned. I've been able to retain all of what I've learned this way and feel I will be better off when I get to the point where I start the actual programming. In the time after each lesson, I think about what apps I'd like to develop. I have one set of apps in mind and now I will begin to lay out a more specific plan on the app, modules for the app, pricing for the modules, etc. Each day a little toward the goal. Thank you!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Flairify LLC
- 39.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Flairify LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Master's Curriculum $9.99
- Builder's Curriculum $5.99
- Builder's Curriculum (Full Price) $9.99
- Master's Curriculum (Full Price) $14.99