Because beautiful tools make beautiful drawings, we endlessly refined Sketches brushes to create the most realistic drawing tools.
Sketches is the most realistic, versatile and user-friendly sketching app designed for a mobile device. This exhaustive artist's toolbox helps users create dazzling sketches, cheerful paintings and smashing illustrations on the go.
Sketches Pro has exactly the same feature set as Sketches including the IAP Pro Bundle.
- Over 20 ultra realistic tools
- Several rulers and magnetic shapes
- Import photos
- Incredibly realistic watercolor wet brush
- Brushes Editor
- Color Eyedropper
- Color mixer
- Color palettes (.ase)
- Use layers to simplify your task
- Export them as separate PNG with transparency
- import and export PSD layered files
- Import, draw and customise your own patterns.
• Cloud Sync
- Backup your drawings to the Cloud
- Synchronize your drawings between all your devices
- Manage sync options folder by folder
Easily organize your drawings to personalize folders or books.
• Stylus support
Discover even more realistic brushes.
Full support for Apple Pencil.
• A Unique feeling: Each stroke behaves vividly and truly like a brush on paper, adapting the pressure, angle, and width to your movements. It's an effect you have to see to believe.
• A unique UI with a touch of Zen: A gorgeous UI that hides as you create to make for a very clean canvas.
• List of tools
- Felt Pen
- Pen Brush
- Oil Pastel
- Watercolor Dry and Wet brushes
- Acrylic brush
- Area and Filling tool
- Shapes (iPad only)
- Smudge tool
- Rulers: straight, arc, circle and spline
- Cutout shapes
A new smoothing feature allows for cleaner strokes when painting slowly.
Ratings and Reviews
Sketches Pro? It’s just like the Tayasui Sketches app we’re so enamored with… except it comes with layers, extra tools, and all sorts of expert features. If you’re a serious artist—or a longtime doodler like us—you can’t do better than Tayasui.
Keeps getting better
I’ve used this app since it came out in the AppStore and then the devs made a Pro version, not sure why but I’m not complaining. I use Procreate a lot but I enjoy the ease of use with Sketches and the brushes have some really nice effects. Through the various iterations they’ve added layers and canvas sizes and myriad other upgrades. I particularly enjoy the watercolor brushes and the ability to add water to the color to soften and blend. I just spent a couple of hours playing with each and every brush and it’s variations as I haven’t done that for awhile. The new pastel crayon is pretty neat and mimics an actual pastel stick. This is a robust art app but you have to take some time to play with all the brushes and textures, and I like the fact you can modify every color by press and hold the color. The pen tool is one of my favorites, it is akin to an ape tel brush pen with pressure sensitivity. There isn’t another one like it and I use it frequently. I am using this app on a iPhone 13 Pro Max, a 2020 iPad Pro 12.9” and an older iPad Pro 9.7”. No issues at all with bugs or crashing on any of them and I use it fairly often. It’s a terrific all around easy to use app for creative people and I’m so thankful they keep updating it to make it even better. Highly recommend!! 🎨
Fantastic Drawing App! But...
I love Tayasui! It is my favorite app for art and both the Pro version and the original are functional and have very few bugs. However, when it comes to posting my art I have a bit of a problem recently. So, at first posting my art was fine and everything was going smoothly. I could see my art on the “new” page and people were giving it likes. But after a while (and this has happened with the last 3 drawing I’ve made) the art I posted would say someone liked it, usually between one and three likes, but it isn’t on the new page and the like count never went up after the first day. Is this a common glitch? Because I want to keep posting and taking part in art challenges but if nobody can see my art then that won’t be possible. Can I please get some help? Other than that and one other glitch with the posting, this is a must have app for any digital artist and I would recommend it highly! 🙂
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrea Terdich
- 250.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Tayasui
- In-App Purchases
- Olivia's Coloring book $1.99
- Carl's Coloring Book $1.99