Sailing Speed Instrument
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
AUGMENT YOUR COCKPIT INSTRUMENTATION - tcSpeeds gives you real-time speed data for sailing, boating, kayaking, paddle-boarding, or anytime/anywhere you are on the move.
tcSpeeds provides advanced knowledge of your current speed, average speeds, maximum speed, directional speeds, velocity made good, wind measurements, and much more. You will be able to measure your performance on a straight course with our proprietary Pilot Performance Index (PPI) computation. Compare how good you are at the controls with your friends or against your autopilot.
tcSpeeds stands on its own and does not require external hardware or connections to operate. tcSpeeds uses your device's own internal GPS, accelerometers, and compass. For Wind measurement, you will need to acquire the Calypso Ultrasonic Wind sensor. More sensors will be supported in the future.
Easy to use and conceived to minimize operational burden on the user, because we know you have other things to do. Zero setup required: install, launch and tap the start button.
Designed for iPhones, and GPS-equipped iPads.
- Add waypoints on the map
- Apple watch extension
- auto-VMG Velocity Made Good automatic detection
- Add, move, or edit you waypoint location on the map
- Cross track to waypoint indicator
- Record and save your track
- Start Line guide for speed and heading when you race
- VMG automatic maximum VMG to waypoint
- VMG visual assistant: guides you to the best course to the waypoint on the current tack
- Maximum VMG indicator relative to waypoint
- Audio alert for Acceleration and maximum speed: get instant feedback for you and your team when you are doing it right
- Apple Watch Extension: Speed, Course, VMG, Cross-Track, Display remote control and more
- Arrival Time: smart computation using filtered VMG averages
- Barometer indicator on supported devices
- Pilot Performance Index (PPI) calculation improvement
- Speed indicator with color-scaled plot
- Directional speed vectors panel with automatic polar graph
- Maximum speed keeping
- Maximum speed audio and visual alarms
- Trip distance recording
- Add, move, edit Waypoints
- Accurate sub-second timer
- GPS status with location accuracy indication
- Boxed average speed by timed interval: 10-sec 1-min 10-min 1-hour
- Pilot Performance Index (PPI) calculation, measurement, and guide
- Target course indicator with automatic and manual fine tuning
- Headings, bearings and directional indicators (magnetic/true)
- Precise real-time cross track reporting
- Course, Compass and proprietary C-Course heading selector
- Rapid units selection: metric, nautical and imperial
- Situational (non-navigational) map with color-coded speed track
- Map display with target course and Look-Ahead-Vector (LAV)
- Time and distance to autoscaled LAV endpoint
- Velocity Made Good (VMG) relative to Waypoint
- Magnetic compass and Course Over Ground (COG) integrated panel
- Crab angle and local magnetic declination
- Wireless wind sensor data: Calypso Ultrasonic - https://calypsoinstruments.com/shop/product/ultrasonic-portable-solar-wind-meter-2
- Track logging and recording
- Multiple waypoints support
- Start line guide when you race
- Updated user experience
- Updated Apple Watch extension
- And much more
Ratings and Reviews
Fun to use!
Lots of unique features. I love the Vectors page and Max speed audio alarm. Great companion to my chartplotter!
Update- Tc generously corrected the problem .
A week ago I paid $6.99 for this app now it is free and you have to buy features. These should be free to current owners!
Developer Response ,
Sorry about that. This is my first app and I did not know how to proceed with this pricing change. I agree with you. Please send me an email at email@example.com and we can arrange that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Transitional Continuum
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © transitional continuum
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Performance Features $1.99