TeamTalk is a conferencing system which allows users to participate in conferences on the Internet. Users can chat using voice over IP and listen to streaming media files.
TeamTalk for iOS has been designed with particular emphasis on accessibility features for visually impaired.
Here is a list of the main features:
- Real time voice over IP conversations
- Public and private instant text messaging
- Private rooms/channels for every group
- High quality audio codecs with both mono and stereo
- Push-to-talk and voice activation
- Standalone server available for both LAN and Internet environments
- User authentication with accounts
- Accessibility for visually impaired using VoiceOver
- Force playback using Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Support for Indonesian language
- Headset TX toggle moved to General section in Preferences
- Toggle TX on/off using AirPods when using A2DP
- Fixed crash issue when loading server list
Ratings and Reviews
Overall great program with a couple of exceptions.
Overall I am impressed with TeamTalk. Both the desktop and the app are accessible using screen meters. My problem with the desktop is that their mute system does not work. I.e. use the drop-down menu and select mute and it does not meet you. If you would like to mute you need to use their push to talk settings. My issue with the app is that once you join a channel a button appears which is a green having some vision a green button indicates it is OK to start talking. This is not the case you have to push the button soon as it turns red which means the other people the channel can hear you this seems counterintuitive, and may be a symptom of the larger societal problem of the black-and-white views of blind people. I.e. you can either see everything, or nothing. However this does not mean I will stop using the app. It is a wonderful communication tool. And maybe with a minor tweak or two would be an exampl communication tool
IOS Bluetooth Trouble
I absolutely love this app. However, it doesn't work well with Bluetooth listening devices. I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5S to an 8, which, as you may know does not have a 3.5 mm jack. I've tried several different Bluetooth headsets and earbuds, and they either don't work at all or have a choppy signal. If there's a trick to making them work I'd sure love to know about it. I'm not the only one with those issues.
Connection keeps dropping and some suggestions
The connection keeps dropping on mobile. It’s not the server, because when I do it on the computer, with version 5.4.0, it’s fine. Please update to fix this problem. Also, I would like the ability to add user accounts from mobile if you are an admin on the server. Also to edit your server properties from mobile would be nice. Also, the connection on the newest version on PC and Mac, which I believe is version 5.6, keeps dropping. Please also fix this.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bjoern Rasmussen
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © BearWare.dk