Envision is the fastest, most reliable and award-winning OCR app that speaks out the visual world, helping blind and visually impaired users to lead more independent lives.
Envision is developed for and together with the visually impaired community. The app is simple, gets things done and brings the best assistive experience to blind and low vision users.
Simply use your phone camera to scan any piece of text, your surroundings, objects, people or products and everything will be read out to you thanks to Envision’s smart artificial intelligence (AI) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
What Envision users say about the app:
“Easy going text recognition. Text recognition is outstanding. Good for independence. Ease of use is immaculate” - Noahis from Australia
“Amazing. I love it. I'm blind and I love how easy it is to use. Amazing job!!!!” - Matt from Canada
With full talkback support, Envision enables you to:
Read all kinds of text:
• Instantly read any piece of text in over 60 different languages.
• Easily scan your paper documents (single or multiple pages) with the help of audio-guided edge detection. All content is spoken back to you and is ready for export and edit.
• Import PDFs and images to get a description of the image and recognition of all the text within it.
• Quickly read handwritten postcards, letters, lists and other paperwork.
Know what's around you:
• Effortlessly describe visual scenes around you.
• Detect colour on your clothes, walls, books, you name it.
• Swiftly scan barcodes to get extensive information about the products.
Find what you're looking for:
• Find people around you; the names of your family and friends are spoken out whenever they are in the frame.
• Find objects around you; selecting common objects from the in-app list to find them.
• Share images or documents from your phone or other apps like Twitter or WhatsApp by selecting Envision from the share sheet. Envision can then read and describe those images for you.
Feedback, questions or feature requests?
We welcome everyone to provide their feedback about the Envision app, as we’re constantly improving.
Please email us at support@LetsEnvision.com.
If you're still reading all the way down here, we'd like to thank you for your diligence, attention to detail and general commitment to finishing something that you started. Just like all the team working at Envision!
We hope you're all doing well and staying healthy. With this update we have the following changes:
• We had an issue with the Reading Language screen where Hebrew speakers couldn't find it in the list of supported reading languages. We've fixed it and apologise profusely for the confusion. Hebrew speakers should now be able to select Hebrew from the list of reading languages and use it to read PDFs, documents, etc. just like before. Just click on the Reading Language button on the Text Tab.
• Overall app performance, stability, and localization update.
Your feedback helps us improve, please keep us posted about your thoughts about the app. Also, it would be really helpful if you could leave a review of the Envision app if you had a positive experience. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Best OCR engine available even beat Orcam! When will we see a glasses version?
I use this app every single day. Are used to use Seeing AI or a lot of other different apps and other devices like Orcam and E Sight. But I have found is this app actually takes the place of almost all of them! I am waiting for these guys to find a pair of smart glasses that will support their app on them! When are you guys going to put your app on a pair of smart glasses? I know you looked into views explains? Have you looked into the X2 by Third Eye Generation? I think you guys would partner quite nicely and they are quite inexpensive and allow for many different apps to go onto their App Store. I think I can’t wait for the partnership or at least with some other type of glasses because I am tired of hanging my phone from my neck to use your app all the time the facial recognition really doesn’t work well that way and I think you guys would be amazing in a pair of glasses and tent to some developer out there!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for such a positive feedback. We are working on glasses and shortly have something interesting to share about it as well. Please follow us on Facebook & Twitter for all app related updates.
Was Great Now Useless
I purchased this app a few months back after trying it for a month and really liked it. However, Within the past month, the changes made have made the app useless. It no longer says what edges aren't visible so that I can move it in the correct direction to get the full image. Secondly, the text is now not viewable by flicking through the screen. You have to wait for it to read it, so getting instructions off a box for cooking is tedious. I didn't checkto see if it would read word by word, but who wants to do that when trying to Prepare something?Thirdly, when I went to stop my auto payment, the options of subscriptions are not read. I had to click on one of the unread items and then since I happened to click on the one I already subscribed too, it mentioned this fact and other info. I was then able to click the manage button and successfully unsubscribe. Until this app improves, I will not reccommend it to anyone. I was using IOS 12 last month and IOS 13 in the past few days, IOS isn't the issue. I'm using an iphone 8 and have been for the past couple years. I hope you improve this app back to one that is as good or even better than the one I used when purchasing the subscription.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience you faced because of the changes made. A lot of them had to do with iOS 13 which introduced several complications. However, we have now fixed all of the issues you have mentioned. Kindly update your app to the latest version and let us know what you think. You can also reach out to us by email at email@example.com should you face any issues going forward.
Really great app. thanks
Thank you for this great app. It's even better than seeing AI. Keep up your great job.
It reads the computer screen very well, very useful to us when there's no screen reader available. It would be great to make the app detect the item or the option under the curser.
It will be great to control which languages it should read. Sometimes it reads languages other than the language displayed. i.e. it fails to recognize the correct language.
It is great that it recognizes Arabic, but the quality needs to improve more and more, because sometimes the text is clear but the app fails to recognize the correct letter.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback, surely made our day. Option to control the languages it can read seems like an interesting feedback. We have made note of your suggestions and will work towards improving it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Envision Technologies B.V.
- 222.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Envision Technologies B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Annual Subscription $19.99