Supersense is the smartest and simplest scanner app made for the blind and visually impaired users to read any text format, currency or product details from a barcode independently.
With the power of AI, Supersense automatically figures out what you are trying to scan, guides you on how to point the camera, and reads the content in the right format. Its unique design minimizes the time and frustrations of scanning and reading text for a blind and visually impaired user.
Full features of Supersense:
- Smart Scanner: The app automatically detects whether you are trying to quickly read a piece of text, a long document, a currency or a barcode.
- Smart Guidance: The app guides you on how to point the camera and finds the best angle to have the most accurate results
- Quick Read: Instantly read the text presented in front of the rear camera
- Document: Read longer documents with the assistance of smart guidance. Once the text has been recognized, use VoiceOver commands to navigate through the recognized text and share it to other apps.
- Multipage Scanning: Scan documents with multiple pages simultaneously and navigate through the text.
- Currency: Recognize currencies and hear the value of a banknote
- Barcode: Scan barcodes to hear the name and brand of the products with additional information
- Object Explorer and Find: Scan your physical environment and hear about the objects that are around.
- Import: Read and explore text from the images and PDF files. Also you can send them directly from any other apps with using "Recognize with Supersense" tool in your share menu.
- Read History: Displays your recognition history in a single screen.
Most features work without an internet connection so that the blind or visually impaired user can use it in any situation. The app has full VoiceOver accessibility support and is available in multiple languages. Whenever you get stuck, you can always find our tutorial under Menu or request a call and we will reach you to give personal training on how to use Supersense.
Supersense is developed by Mediate, an MIT-spinoff AI start-up based in Boston. Mediate develops innovative computer vision systems with the support of the National Science Foundation and the US Department of Veterans Affairs. This app is just the first step in our mission to develop groundbreaking AI solutions for people with visual disabilities. We have developed the app with principles of human-centered design and with the assistance of blind and visually impaired users. We also partnered with many organizations that help the blind and low vision community.
If you would like any assistance, please email us at email@example.com. We always love to hear ideas and feedback from the blind and visually impaired community.
Supersense has limited access to all features. If you would like unlimited access, we have created subscription plans.
- Monthly Subscription: $4.99
- Yearly Subscription: $49.99
- Lifetime Subscription: $99.99
These subscription plans help us to continuously develop new features to provide immense value to the blind and the visually impaired.
If you choose to purchase a subscription, the payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. All subscription plans automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. If you don't choose to purchase a subscription plan, you can simply continue using designated Supersense features for free.
We hope you will enjoy your new super sense!
Supersense is now available in Italian!
More languages and exciting features are on the way! As always, we appreciate any feedback to provide the best solutions for our users. Please let us know what you think about Supersense by leaving a review or sending your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
A reasonable price at $49, unpalatable at $99.
A good app and it’s priced for $49. It does a lot of the things that it’s competition does but in some aspects it does them better. I found the barcode section of the app very usable especially in grocery stores. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app once but it seems to be working like a charm. The app is quick fast and intuitive I have run it on an iPhone XS max as well as an iPhone 12 pro. Maybe as the developer said the state will reimburse me for the price of the app. I could not get myself to pull the trigger for $99, it was just too much money but because of the holiday sale I purchased it for $49. We will see if the price is worth it if the developers keep iterating on the app with new improvements. I know they’re free apps out there that do the same but I’m from the old-school, you get what you pay for. The best feature that this app or anyone can come out with is that the app would be able to read a touchscreen display such as on a laundry machine or vending machine, that’s the function everybody wants. I think a company that can make it happened will excite the entire visually impaired community.
The best scanner on the market.
This app includes the best scanner I have come across so far. It is very accurate, I would guess 99%. It is very easy to read mail very quickly if you put the scanner in document mode. The program will tell you how to move the phone so that it can get an accurate picture. It is wonderful, very easy to use, no errors where you get the left or right corners cut off or anything like that. The money reader is excellent. There are some experimental things, and I love the way they venture out to find new products. This is well worth the lifetime price that I paid. I am very happy with this product, and know that it will only get better as time passes.
I am nothing without this app. Super sense makes great sense
Where would I be without super sad it makes great sense I love it I can read out the menus out loud I can check out the money and do the money and my bills ran out to me I could read my mail through Supersense I could weed money currency with super sense QR codes with super science anything at all it’s super sense thank you super sense I love you guys even love the new version of Supersense and I will continue using Supersense for the rest of my life thank you super sense I love you guys I am nothing without super sense you guys just makes perfect perfect sens e
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Virtual Collaboration Research Inc.
- 235.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Virtual Collaboration Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Lifetime Subscription $99.99
- Yearly Subscription $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.