The EASIEST way to get TONS of accessible info! Put a WayTag NFC tag (sold separately) on clothes, meds & more. Tap your smartphone to quickly read & write info.
"Information is power, & WayAround takes it to the next level." - Neva Fairchild, American Foundation for the Blind.
What Are People Saying?
“WayAround is a simple and cost-effective solution for labeling just about anything.” - J.J. Meddaugh, AT Guys.
“This is definitely a game changer.” - Fred Quirk, user.
“I just love it & think it is so much easier than a barcode reader or anything that has to be focused using the camera.” - Melissa Wagner, user.
- Save time identifying everyday items by making them permanently accessible.
- Easily manage all the important details about your things.
- Do more of the things you want, with more confidence and independence.
HOW IT WORKS.
Download the WayAround – Tag and Scan app and use with smart WayTag NFC tags (sold separately) to add helpful info to just about anything. WayTags come as stickers, magnets, buttons, and clips. Attach a WayTag to an item, then use the app to read or write information. You’ll get the info through VoiceOver or whichever accessibility settings you’ve chosen on your iPhone.
Quickly Read Tags with the Tap of a Smartphone.
- Read in a split second, without using the camera.
- Get the description the first time you scan. Then scroll or swipe for more details.
- Go offline and still get your info.
Customize Info to Your Heart’s Content.
- Flexible interface lets you include exactly the information you want.
- Add up to 2K characters of information – much more than most NFC tags will hold.
- Edit or re-write the entire tag as many times as you want.
- Select from pre-defined details to easily add information like dietary information and washing instructions.
- Add helpful links, like user manuals or how-to videos. You can even add multiple links on the same WayTag.
Use Your Preferred Accessibility Settings.
- Works with your iPhone's built-in accessibility features.
- Enter information with voice dictation.
- Optimized to work seamlessly with VoiceOver.
- Interface uses high-contrast colors and large font.
- Compatible with braille display.
- Works for anyone who is blind, low vision, vision impaired, deafblind, colorblind, or sighted.
Makes the most of Your Smartphone's Built-in Features.
- Uses the NFC reader (that's Near Field Communication) available in the most modern smartphones.
- Scanning an NFC tag doesn't use up the phone's battery.
- Automatically back up information on your phone and on our cloud database.
Businesses and brands can provide helpful, accessible information that anyone can read with a tap of their smartphone. Our patented solution is easy to implement and improves the customer experience for everyone, including those with disabilities.
Learn more about WayAround's Software-as-a-Service at wayaround.com/public.
WHERE TO GET WAYTAGS.
Purchase WayTags at wayaround.com/shop or from an assistive technology distributor.
WayAround works with the built-in functionality of iPhone 7 and above. For users with older iPhones, use the WayLink Scanner. This external NFC scanner connects to your iPhone via bluetooth, and you can use it to scan WayTags and send the info to the WayAround app.
• iOS13 compatibility updates.
• Fixed dictation bug.
• MAJOR UPDATE: Releases in the 3.0 family include an upgraded backend database to allow for public data and enhanced security.
• Write public information (Paid Service – learn more in the description below).
• New Detail Types for museums, brands, appointments, and business cards.
Ratings and Reviews
Solutions to actual problems
This app has a learning curve. Just like when a visually impaired person first starts to use talk back or voiceover, this app requires one to learn what it’s all about. Once you understand that it is a smart labeling system and you explore the website or talk to anyone representing the company, you realize how life-changing it can be. Think about all of the equipment we need for labeling, thousands of dollars later you may have a bunch of braille labels or a QR code reader that isn’t permanent. Plus we can’t edit the Braille once applied.
These versatile small tags work with iPhones and androids and are only about a dollar apiece. If you want to scan quickly or you have an older phone you simply need to get the way link scanner. At $100 it’s the most expensive thing in the store. However, I can’t buy any other labeling device with $100 at all. You can pretty much label anything and everything that you can think of and once you understand how the near field communication Technology works, this can become an invaluable tool for those with vision loss, caretakers, or frankly anyone who doesn’t want to painstakingly write out all the ingredients in a package, all the seasonings in a closet, or all the canned goods. Also this doesn’t require the camera, most of the apps that do work with OCR are already there. Wayaround is tackling something different. It’s not just about getting around with a GPS or reading print. Those things are already being done. Wayaround is a completely individualized way to tag anything you might need with as much information as you want and you can edit it and reuse them. I encourage everyone to check out the website and videos and if you’re confused at all email the staff. Everyone is really responsive and it’s definitely worth the life change for a free app.
I think way around is amazing. This new version is even easier to use and being able to edit is great.
I thought this read with the camera. I want the camera to say words out loud. The menu at the restaurant is too small to read. I’d like to hear it. I’d love it translated.
The slide show in the description didn’t show the external tag this thing requires. This app is a sales pitch for a thing I don’t have. I’d be less confused if there was a video.
Developer Response ,
Hello - We're sorry to hear the app didn't do what you were hoping it would. The WayAround app works with Near Field Communication (NFC) tags to store the information. You can check out how the tags work together with the app from the video on our homepage: www.wayaround.com
Right now, WayAround works with items around your home and office. It's great for clothing, gardening supplies, tools, medication, and more. We have lots of ideas about how you can use it on our website. We'd love to send you some WayTags so you can really experience the power of WayAround. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get those to you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.