The EASIEST way to get TONS of accessible info! Put a WayTag NFC tag (sold separately) on clothes, meds & more. Tap your smartphone to quickly read & write info.
"Information is power, & WayAround takes it to the next level." - Neva Fairchild, American Foundation for the Blind.
What Are People Saying?
“WayAround is a simple and cost-effective solution for labeling just about anything.” - J.J. Meddaugh, AT Guys.
“This is definitely a game changer.” - Fred Quirk, user.
“I just love it & think it is so much easier than a barcode reader or anything that has to be focused using the camera.” - Melissa Wagner, user.
- Save time identifying everyday items by making them permanently accessible.
- Easily manage all the important details about your things.
- Do more of the things you want, with more confidence and independence.
HOW IT WORKS.
Download the WayAround – Tag and Scan app and use with smart WayTag NFC tags (sold separately) to add helpful info to just about anything. WayTags come as stickers, magnets, buttons, and clips. Attach a WayTag to an item, then use the app to read or write information. You’ll get the info through VoiceOver or whichever accessibility settings you’ve chosen on your iPhone.
Quickly Read Tags with the Tap of a Smartphone.
- Read in a split second, without using the camera.
- Get the description the first time you scan. Then scroll or swipe for more details.
- Go offline and still get your info.
Customize Info to Your Heart’s Content.
- Flexible interface lets you include exactly the information you want.
- Add up to 2K characters of information – much more than most NFC tags will hold.
- Edit or re-write the entire tag as many times as you want.
- Select from pre-defined details to easily add information like dietary information and washing instructions.
- Add helpful links, like user manuals or how-to videos. You can even add multiple links on the same WayTag.
Use Your Preferred Accessibility Settings.
- Works with your iPhone's built-in accessibility features.
- Enter information with voice dictation.
- Optimized to work seamlessly with VoiceOver.
- Interface uses high-contrast colors and large font.
- Compatible with braille display.
- Works for anyone who is blind, low vision, vision impaired, deafblind, colorblind, or sighted.
Makes the most of Your Smartphone's Built-in Features.
- Uses the NFC reader (that's Near Field Communication) available in the most modern smartphones.
- Scanning an NFC tag doesn't use up the phone's battery.
- Automatically back up information on your phone and on our cloud database.
Businesses and brands can provide helpful, accessible information that anyone can read with a tap of their smartphone. Our patented solution is easy to implement and improves the customer experience for everyone, including those with disabilities.
Learn more about WayAround's Software-as-a-Service at wayaround.com/public.
WHERE TO GET WAYTAGS.
Purchase WayTags at wayaround.com/shop or from an assistive technology distributor.
WayAround works with the built-in functionality of iPhone 7 and above. For IPad users and users with older iPhones, use the WayLink Scanner. This external NFC scanner connects to your iPhone via bluetooth, and you can use it to scan WayTags and send the info to the WayAround app.
- Share public WayTags via email or text using the new Share button at the bottom of the screen after reading a public WayTag.
- Receive a confirmation dialog when you change information on a WayTag.
- When editing a WayTag, org admins may save information with the click of a button, without tapping the device to a WayTag.
- Improved VoiceOver hints throughout the app.
- Bug fixes and improvements to different aspects of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
WayAround tags are an ESSENTIAL tool in The Blind Kitchen!
I use WayAround tags in several applications in both my personal and professional kitchens and they are the ONLY labels in my freezers. I also have more than 30 assorted color chef coats and WayAround buttons allow me to quickly and easily select the one I am looking for independently. I like the system of tagging so much that one is included in the first Blind Kitchen Collection. I want people to know how much easier their lives could be if they decided to use the WayAroundsystem.
Executive Chef and Founder
The Blind Kitchen
Amazing tool for a visually impaired and blind :-)
I absolutely love these tags! I love to cook and have cooked for 40 years plus. I have organized my kitchen including my pantry, freezer and cupboards :-) these tags make it so simple to identify the products I need without having to ask someone else. I am a very independent person and very self-sufficient. With the way around life is so much simpler :-) thank you so much for your wonderful product you have been a godsend! I would highly recommend these to anyone who is visually impaired or blind to help
them organize their life!
I am not visually impaired and use it to label my houseplants with all of its specific care requirements. This is an amazing concept but it can use some updates to make it even more amazing. Customer service is fantastic. Darwin helped me through the process of using the product and provided exceptional service. Again, the app can use some changes to make it even better but I’m pleased for now. Highly recommend for any user.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blind InSites, LLC
- 43.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2023 Blind InSites, LLC