Teen Counseling lets you connect with a licensed counselor who is specialized in helping teens like you. Whenever you need and wherever you are, just text your counselor or jump on a video or phone call. Your counselor is always here to help you thrive!
HOW DO I START?
- Invite your parent to sign up. They fill out a consent form for you (required by law)
- Once your parent subscribes, you will be matched with a licensed therapist and invited to your own confidential counseling room
- The therapist will communicate with you on the Teen Counseling app using text, phone, and video
WHY DO I NEED PARENTAL CONSENT?
As required by law, a parent or legal guardian must fill out a consent form before you can receive online counseling services.
HOW DOES COUNSELING WORK?
You and your counselor will get your own secure “room”. This will be your private place to communicate day or night, 24/7. You can access this room from any internet connected device, wherever you are. Your parent will not have access to this room.
You can write about yourself, the things going on in your life, ask questions and discuss the challenges you’re facing. Your counselor will login to the same room and respond with feedback, insights and guidance.
Together you’ll work towards making a positive change in your life, accomplishing your goals and overcoming your troubles.
IS WHAT I SHARE WITH MY COUNSELOR PRIVATE?
You can talk to your counselor about anything, but there are a few things that they would be required to share with either your parents or other adults. If you share any of the following issues with your counselor, they would have to break confidentiality for your protection or the protection of others:
• If you are seriously contemplating severely harming yourself or someone else.
• If you share with your counselor that you are being abused or neglected, or know of another individual under 18 who is being abused or neglected.
• If you share with your counselor that you know of an elderly person who is being abused or neglected.
Please consult with your counselor about what kind of information and updates your parent(s) may get regarding your work with the counselor.
WHO ARE THE COUNSELORS?
There are over 4000 counselors in Teen Counseling, each with at least 3 years and 2,000 hours of hands-on experience. They are licensed, trained, experienced and accredited psychologists (PhD/PsyD), marriage and family therapists (MFT), clinical social workers (LCSW), licensed professional counselors (LPC), or similar credentials.
All of our therapists have a Master’s Degree or a Doctorate Degree in their respective field. They have been qualified and certified by their state professional board and have completed the necessary education, exams, training and practice.
YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN – DOWNLOAD TEEN COUNSELING TODAY!
Thank you for using Teen Counseling! We are constantly improving our app and delivering enhancements to the App Store. Every update is a boost to the app's stability, speed, and security.
- Fix a bug where some users experience slowness on the account page.
Ratings and Reviews
As a parent of a teen making good use of this, I can highly attest to its usefulness. A lot of reviews seem to be negative referring to either the cost or the fact that there is some parental involvement within the process. These are licensed professional counselors that are not only helping our teens, but earning a living as they do so. They should be compensated for their time. Secondly, as a parent, I created an account for my teen, but we each have separate access to her counselor. Sessions with her counselor are private and protected by doctor/patient confidentiality. Teens, like it or not, are still minors. I know not every teen will be equally supported by their parents as they seek professional help. For that, I am truly grieved. However, there are governing liabilities that Teen Counseling needs to legally adhere to, and this is one.
As to our experience, its been nothing but positive! I’m so glad my daughter has a safe space to work through issues that have been easier for her to discuss with her counselor than me. The price, comparative to similar services, is very competitive and in my mind worth every cent.
Thank you, sincerely, for making this available. I am personally and truly grateful.
A weekly relief
I look forward to my counseling appointment every week, and I know that may sound incredibly lame, but it genuinely has been such an enormous help to me. Just having someone objective that I know I can trust to unload my brain to, without feeling bad, makes me feel secure and put together. Truthfully, you have to do the work with your own mind, but to have someone consistently who knows what you are going through is a major help in the healing process, because sometimes you just need help to lift your heavy feelings off your shoulders. I recommend counseling to anyone who might be struggling because even if it doesn’t provide an immediate cure to whatever issues you’re experiencing, it invites you to look inside yourself and discover how powerful your own really mind is, and discover the immediate strength you gain when you realize that YOU are the one in control of your own mind. I wish you all peace, health, and happiness, good luck!
Cannot understand the positive reviews *EDIT*
I simply cannot comprehend the positive reviews for this app. I paid $400 every four weeks for more than two months for one single half hour appointment. The counselor was either on vacation, had extremely limited hours or would arbitrarily cancel appointments, which are only a half an hour. I contacted TeenCounseling three times to discuss my frustrations and no one even bothered to respond. I would not have resorted to online therapy if not for the pandemic but this app has guaranteed that I’ll never try it again. Please save your money and find a service that demonstrates care and concern for their clients. What a tremendous waste.
* DO NOT be fooled by Teen Counseling’s responses to poor reviews. They will completely ignore any inquiries, pleas or other correspondence. I contacted them four times in two months and never received a single reply. They sure were quick to respond to my negative review though. As if by leaving the same exact email address that I’ve used four times before would Garner any kind of response. I did try again and as you could likely predict they didn’t respond. Again. I had high hopes for this service as my son heads to college across the country but they’re clearly only concerned with your subscription fees - definitely not concerned with your children’s well being.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am greatly sorry to hear of your experience. To discuss this, please contact us at email@example.com.
Have a good day!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Compile, Inc.
- 35 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Teen Counseling 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.