Use real science from NASA to cultivate life on desolate planets. Think you have what it takes to bring a dead planet to life? Can you settle the stars?
Explore space and terraform new worlds in this immersive idle planet building simulator rooted in real science. TerraGenesis dynamically animates entire planets with changing biospheres, all based on real data from NASA.
The universe is your playground in TerraGenesis! With idle gameplay you can cultivate real planets in our solar system, planets created just for TerraGenesis and even alien worlds! When the world is in your hands, the possibilities are truly endless. If you’re a fan of astronomy, idle games, or resource management games, you will love Terragenesis! Download and start terraforming today!
BUILD A PLANET
- Join one of four interstellar Factions, each with different benefits for building interstellar settlements
- Build entire worlds one step at a time, by creating pressurized habitats for your settlers so they can survive in hostile environments
- Terraform your planet to support human life by managing specific resources of each world, including air pressure, oxygen, sea levels, and biomass
- Melt ice caps to create planet-wide oceans and seed the planet with life
- Track your civilization’s idle progress and your world’s current status with the Stats Summary Page
DISCOVER PLANETS & MOONS
- Learn astronomy and settle planets from our solar system, including Mercury, Venus, Earth & Mars!
- Terraform orbital satellites, including The Moon as well as the Moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- Build civilizations on fictional planets, including Bacchus, Ragnarok, Pontus, Lethe and Boreas
- Terraform Dwarf Planets, including Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Makemake, Eris and Sedna
- Discover lost secrets on Trappist-1 planets, including Damu, Aja, Huanca, Ruaumoko, Asintmah, Ostara, Aranyani
- Travel through time in the Historical Earths campaign, including Vaalbara, Rodinia, Cambria, Cretacea, Dania, Chibania, and Ultima
- Generate random worlds with complete surface and elevation maps, unique starting conditions and more
- Start with 26 different phyla and add 64 unique genes to create all kinds of amazing organisms to inhabit your world
- Manage your lifeforms as they thrive in both terrestrial and aquatic biospheres
ENCOUNTER ALIEN POPULATIONS
- Discover distant planets in outer space with thriving alien civilizations.
- Choose between making peace or conquering the alien lifeforms.
- Carry out dozens of missions and build your new world based on your alien strategy.
DEFEND FROM ASTEROIDS
- Save your civilization and protect your flourishing planet from the threat of an asteroid attack
- Build a planetary defense network to detect giant asteroids in space, initiate missions to destroy the threat, change the asteroid’s course or develop new strategies to survive certain doom.
BUILD YOUR OWN FLAT EARTH
- Insanity now comes with an on/off switch; flick a switch to turn existing worlds flat.
- Build a flat earth or build other flat planets from our solar system or throughout the universe!
- Hilarious random events unique to flat earth mode!
TerraGenesis is free to play and as an indie game; it was important to us that all in-app purchases are entirely optional and not required for a full and complete experience.
Enjoying TerraGenesis? Learn more!
We’ve made a bunch of behind-the-scenes enhancements and bug fixes based on the feedback that you provided. Thanks for playing and as always, happy terraforming!
Ratings and Reviews
Not happy with the update
I’ve played this game for years off an on and I’ve always loved it. I still do. A while back I had to get rid of it to free up some space and just recently came back to it. I have to say, I’m very disappointed that they’ve added a “forced tutorial”, ie, one that can’t be exited early or avoided altogether. I do appreciate them adding a bit of guidance for new players, but there needs to be an option to skip the tutorial. I have played the game before and don’t need a guide dragging me around and forcing me to do things. It doesn’t help that you can’t cancel actions except by exiting the game and fully closing out of it. With no way to be precise—especially when choosing where to put your cities—it’s really obnoxious to have to close and reopen the game to reselect where you want your first city. That’s to say nothing of not being able to pick where to put your first mine.
The game is great, but it still needs a few tweaks, such as being able to skip the tutorial, and maybe arrows that you can tap to be more precise in location selection (these already exist in the mining interface). Some planets have very little “safe” area to build on—so they aren’t destroyed as the water level rises—so precision is pretty important.
Otherwise, it really is an excellent game that I have had and will continue to have loads of fun playing.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review and for your feedback! We’ll definitely pass this onto the dev team so they can take a look and see what they can do! Thanks again!
I don’t even know where to begin with this app.
It’s 100% as cool as it sounds. I saw it on Facebook and I never download them but it showed how well it was rated in the App Store so I knew it had to be something legit. Gave it a try and now I’m addicted to it. There isn’t really too much I would change to the game other than being able to see ground level and have more control over what happens to the population. As far as what the game is, terraforming a planet, they did an amazing job. I’m sure you can control more but on the basic difficulty level (I highly recommend to start with) you can control the temperature, oxygen, pressure, plant life, money, population size. Everything is highly sensitive. Finding a balance takes time. This is a game that won’t take up too much time at once. You might only play this game a couple times out the day but it’s necessary to check in on your planet every once in a while. Random events and scenarios happen to the population and the planet which I really love.
From a meteoroid on track to hit you, to the population finding a great athlete to honor amongst them. It gives the game a story. You have to make a decision when those things happen immersing you into the game even more. And of course Every action has a reaction. The main task of this game is finding that balance. I’m so glad I found this game. The space nerd in me is ecstatic! I highly recommend!!!
Love this game but a few glitches
I really was enjoying this game a lot. I finished a few planets and then it was time to do earth. When I started earth it was already inhabited and everything was where it was supposed to be with oxygen, etc. I thought this strange. So I started doing research and mining. Went to bed. Got up next morning and my mines were lost to rising seas and all the inhabitants were gone. So I checked all the stats and everything was still perfect with oxygen,water, etc. Weird. So I built the thing that causes minus 4 water and built more mines. Next day it said they were lost to rising waters but that was impossible since the water had actually gone down a couple of hundred. So aggravating. So now I’ve been waiting for the population to build back up. My next culture point is at 4 billion so I’ll be waiting a while. Lol Was really enjoying this game until this happened. You have to be able to do math and figure out actions and counter actions. Taxes the brain. But when the game just erases things built and people for no apparent reason it’s frustrating. If you judge this game on the first few planets I played it is an amazing game. I was actually going to buy one of their packages but decided to wait after this earth catastrophe. If it goes back to normal I will probably wind up purchasing a package. It’s that good a game when it plays right
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review, and sorry to hear you've experienced this -- how frustrating!
The Earth level is one of the hardest levels in the game, second only to Ragnarok. It is suffering from global warming; to combat this, build ice launchers from the very beginning and try to build the Soletta as soon as you can.
Let us know if this helps!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tilting Point LLC
- 493.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Winn, 2015.
- In-App Purchases
- 10 Genesis Points $0.99
- $0.99 Genesis Point Pack $0.99
- $9.99 Genesis Point Pack $9.99
- 200 Genesis Points $9.99
- All Planets $19.99
- 50 Genesis Points $4.99
- $4.99 Genesis Point Pack $4.99
- 500 Genesis Points $19.99
- $19.99 Genesis Point Pack $19.99
- Venus & Earth $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.