Use real science from NASA to cultivate life on desolate planets. Think you have what it takes to bring a dead planet to life? Can you settle the stars?
Explore space and terraform new worlds in this immersive idle planet building simulator rooted in real science. TerraGenesis dynamically animates entire planets with changing biospheres, all based on real data from NASA.
The universe is your playground in TerraGenesis! With idle gameplay you can cultivate real planets in our solar system, planets created just for TerraGenesis and even alien worlds! When the world is in your hands, the possibilities are truly endless. If you’re a fan of astronomy, idle games, or resource management games, you will love Terragenesis! Download and start terraforming today!
BUILD A PLANET
- Join one of four interstellar Factions, each with different benefits for building interstellar settlements
- Build entire worlds one step at a time, by creating pressurized habitats for your settlers so they can survive in hostile environments
- Terraform your planet to support human life by managing specific resources of each world, including air pressure, oxygen, sea levels, and biomass
- Melt ice caps to create planet-wide oceans and seed the planet with life
- Track your civilization’s idle progress and your world’s current status with the Stats Summary Page
DISCOVER PLANETS & MOONS
- Learn astronomy and settle planets from our solar system, including Mercury, Venus, Earth & Mars!
- Terraform orbital satellites, including The Moon as well as the Moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- Build civilizations on fictional planets, including Bacchus, Ragnarok, Pontus, Lethe and Boreas
- Terraform Dwarf Planets, including Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Makemake, Eris and Sedna
- Discover lost secrets on Trappist-1 planets, including Damu, Aja, Huanca, Ruaumoko, Asintmah, Ostara, Aranyani
- Travel through time in the Historical Earths campaign, including Vaalbara, Rodinia, Cambria, Cretacea, Dania, Chibania, and Ultima
- Generate random worlds with complete surface and elevation maps, unique starting conditions and more
- Start with 26 different phyla and add 64 unique genes to create all kinds of amazing organisms to inhabit your world
- Manage your lifeforms as they thrive in both terrestrial and aquatic biospheres
ENCOUNTER ALIEN POPULATIONS
- Discover distant planets in outer space with thriving alien civilizations.
- Choose between making peace or conquering the alien lifeforms.
- Carry out dozens of missions and build your new world based on your alien strategy.
DEFEND FROM ASTEROIDS
- Save your civilization and protect your flourishing planet from the threat of an asteroid attack
- Build a planetary defense network to detect giant asteroids in space, initiate missions to destroy the threat, change the asteroid’s course or develop new strategies to survive certain doom.
BUILD YOUR OWN FLAT EARTH
- Insanity now comes with an on/off switch; flick a switch to turn existing worlds flat.
- Build a flat earth or build other flat planets from our solar system or throughout the universe!
- Hilarious random events unique to flat earth mode!
TerraGenesis is free to play and as an indie game; it was important to us that all in-app purchases are entirely optional and not required for a full and complete experience.
Enjoying TerraGenesis? Learn more!
We’ve made a bunch of behind-the-scenes enhancements and bug fixes based on the feedback that you provided. Thanks for playing and as always happy terraforming!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I don’t even know where to begin with this app.
It’s 100% as cool as it sounds. I saw it on Facebook and I never download them but it showed how well it was rated in the App Store so I knew it had to be something legit. Gave it a try and now I’m addicted to it. There isn’t really too much I would change to the game other than being able to see ground level and have more control over what happens to the population. As far as what the game is, terraforming a planet, they did an amazing job. I’m sure you can control more but on the basic difficulty level (I highly recommend to start with) you can control the temperature, oxygen, pressure, plant life, money, population size. Everything is highly sensitive. Finding a balance takes time. This is a game that won’t take up too much time at once. You might only play this game a couple times out the day but it’s necessary to check in on your planet every once in a while. Random events and scenarios happen to the population and the planet which I really love.
From a meteoroid on track to hit you, to the population finding a great athlete to honor amongst them. It gives the game a story. You have to make a decision when those things happen immersing you into the game even more. And of course Every action has a reaction. The main task of this game is finding that balance. I’m so glad I found this game. The space nerd in me is ecstatic! I highly recommend!!!
Gorgeous and captivating!
I rarely write reviews, but this game was so well-designed and enthralling that I felt that I had to do so. The graphics are stunningly beautiful and this game has consumed my attention since I downloaded it. It gives you the option to watch advertisements to gain currency, culture, and “Genesis Points,” which allow you to build faster, but offers the option in a very inobtrusive way, unlike so many games with obnoxious ads. I watch them occasionally to speed things along and support the developers. I also purchased Genesis Points because I love this game so much I felt obliged to pay something. At this rate, I’ll likely purchase the options to terraform other planets and moons as well. This is a game that is truly enjoyable without spending a cent or watching a single ad, though, and that can be won simply with some patience— which you’ll need anyway! I love the educational aspect and basis in science, and with just the most basic math and science abilities, you’ll enjoy this game as well. I’m looking forward to the next planets and moons already.
I also loved the book recommendations in the information section! The developers clearly prioritized the quality of the game and educational aspect over making a quick profit. I hope others purchase the optional moons, planets, and GP so the team can keep working on this game and more like it. This is the best I’ve played on iOS to date.
Been playing for years
I’ve been playing this game on and off for two years and it never gets old, and there are plenty of world to play with. If you’re playing with a simple developing biosphere you can terraform a moon/planet in 4-5 days without spending any real money for in-game boosts (called Genesis Points or GP), 2-3 of you do buy these boosts. If you play with a biosphere you can fine tune it’s definitely more of a challenge and terraforming this way might take you 4-5 days with boosts, a week or a little longer without. WATCHING ADS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORCED TO WATCH AN AD 🙌🏻 (putting that in all-caps because ad trap games are everywhere these days) but watching the offered ads gives you bonuses to your income and even 1-3 GP sometimes. Watch enough ads and you could have income bonuses for days (literally). Random positive and negative events that can affect your income, structures, organisms, or culture keep you on your toes if you leave the game open, but you don’t have to worry about bad events happening while the game is closed and the terraforming continues when closed, so this game is great for people who don’t want to have to play all the time to succeed. The game can also be paused so you don’t have to worry about letting things go for too long and accidentally destroying your progress. Graphics are pretty and the game runs smoothly. Definitely earned my 5 star rating!
- Tilting Point LLC
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Winn, 2015.
- In-App Purchases
- All Planets $19.99
- Moon $0.99
- Bacchus $0.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.