Comprehensive and free Qur'an App without ads
NEW: Qibla Compass, Prayer Times with beautiful Azans, Transliteration
* Complete English translation with the option of having the original Arabic text shown
* iPad version--optimized for tablets, with up to three columns side-by-side
* Tafseer (Commentary) of each chapter and of about 1500 selected verses (by various scholars around the world of no sect and no particular school of thought)
* 10 different recitations including English (by Imam Benjamin Bilal) and by great Arabic reciters like Maher Al-Muaiqly, Said Al Ghamdi, Abul Basit, Muhammad Ayyoub, Mishary Alafasy, Muhammad Al-Minshawi and more.
* Instantly stream audio or download mp3 files onto your device for offline use
* Control playback using the lock screen or control center player buttons and listen to recitations while the screen is off or the app is in the background
* Full-text search including searching for exact search terms in "quotes"
* Unlimited bookmarks with note and share function, sort bookmarks by Surah/Verse number or date it was added
* iCloud sync of your Quran reading achievements and your bookmarks (click on sync button on the bottom of bookmark screen to back up your verses and notes through iCloud). When you reinstall the app, bookmarks will be restored automatically
* Index / Glossary with thousands of topics and the direct link to the corresponding part in the Holy Quran
* Discover the Holy Quran with numerous topics for the Muslim and non-Muslim reader
* Share Ayat (verses) through email, text / SMS or social media
* Four font sizes
* 10 different accent colors and 'Night Mode'
* Prayer times and prayer alarms, with Azan playback during Salah times
* Qibla compass* Widget to view current Salah times
...and many more features
While no translation of the Quran can be perfect, the translation we chose for this app was done by scholars in the United States and is part of no particular sect or school of thought. Our team compared many different translations and this one of the easier to understand one and comes with a powerful English recitation by Imam Benjamin Bilal, so the user can follow along with the English audio. For side-by-side comparison of this and other Holy Quran renderings into English, please visit our online Quran-comparison project at EnglishQuran.com
We strove hard to avoid any errors. However, should you find any mistakes or any reproducible bugs please email us and we will try to fix it as soon as possible with the next update.
This is a free app, with no ads or in-app purchases, but we ask to please keep us in your prayers if you like the app. We sincerely thank you for all the encouraging feedback and positive emails from so many of you, and please continue giving us feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this App! Great Tafsir.
Alhamdulliah, I love using this app. The Tafsir is impeccable! It really breaks down the verse in an understanding way. Very easy to use and has really transformed my Ramadan. Do you guys have the Tafsir written down in a book form? I would love to have and own a Quraan with this particular Tafsir you guys have included in the app inside of it. Please let me know. And if there’s anywhere to donate I would love to do that as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this Quraan App. Salaams from Atlanta, GA ❤️ what is you guys email address?
I love this translation and tafsir. Don’t listen to some of the Saudi/Wahabi-sponsored comments about the translation, no other translation gives me that feeling of closeness to Allah. Many comments are out of ignorance rather than knowledge. So my advice inform yourselves first and read the translation and use your common senselike Allah instructs us to. Jazakhallah khair for this app. Peace to everyone and I pray for guidance for everyone.
Great design, poor fonts
This app is by far the cleanest-looking Quran app I’ve seen in the App Store. It has a minimalistic design that is refreshing to the eyes.
However, the Arabic fonts will let you down. There is a selection of 5, and each is worse than the other. Most of them have little to no spacing between each word, making it difficult to read. Other fonts don’t even render Arabic letters conjoined, they appear separated so again, it becomes difficult to read.
I want to love this app, but the Arabic fonts make it completely unusable. I hope the developers fix this.
- Talib Omer
- 169.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 Peace Through Understanding
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.