Comprehensive and free Qur'an App without ads
NEW: Qibla Compass, Prayer Times with beautiful Azans, Transliteration
* Complete English translation with the option of having the original Arabic text shown
* iPad version--optimized for tablets, with up to three columns side-by-side
* Tafseer (Commentary) of each chapter and of about 1500 selected verses (by various scholars around the world of no sect and no particular school of thought)
* 10 different recitations including English (by Imam Benjamin Bilal) and by great Arabic reciters like Maher Al-Muaiqly, Said Al Ghamdi, Abul Basit, Muhammad Ayyoub, Mishary Alafasy, Muhammad Al-Minshawi and more.
* Instantly stream audio or download mp3 files onto your device for offline use
* Control playback using the lock screen or control center player buttons and listen to recitations while the screen is off or the app is in the background
* Full-text search including searching for exact search terms in "quotes"
* Unlimited bookmarks with note and share function, sort bookmarks by Surah/Verse number or date it was added
* iCloud sync of your Quran reading achievements and your bookmarks (click on sync button on the bottom of bookmark screen to back up your verses and notes through iCloud). When you reinstall the app, bookmarks will be restored automatically
* Index / Glossary with thousands of topics and the direct link to the corresponding part in the Holy Quran
* Discover the Holy Quran with numerous topics for the Muslim and non-Muslim reader
* Share Ayat (verses) through email, text / SMS or social media
* Four font sizes
* 10 different accent colors and 'Night Mode'
* Prayer times and prayer alarms, with Azan playback during Salah times
* Qibla compass* Widget to view current Salah times
...and many more features
While no translation of the Quran can be perfect, the translation we chose for this app was done by scholars in the United States and is part of no particular sect or school of thought. Our team compared many different translations and this one of the easier to understand one and comes with a powerful English recitation by Imam Benjamin Bilal, so the user can follow along with the English audio. For side-by-side comparison of this and other Holy Quran renderings into English, please visit our online Quran-comparison project at EnglishQuran.com
We strove hard to avoid any errors. However, should you find any mistakes or any reproducible bugs please email us and we will try to fix it as soon as possible with the next update.
This is a free app, with no ads or in-app purchases, but we ask to please keep us in your prayers if you like the app. We sincerely thank you for all the encouraging feedback and positive emails from so many of you, and please continue giving us feedback.
- Prayer Times
- Qibla Compass
- Quick Actions
- Bug fixes
- Performance fix where app used excessive battery in the background for prayer times calculation
Ratings and Reviews
I love this translation and tafsir. Don’t listen to some of the Saudi/Wahabi-sponsored comments about the translation, no other translation gives me that feeling of closeness to Allah. Many comments are out of ignorance rather than knowledge. So my advice inform yourselves first and read the translation and use your common senselike Allah instructs us to. Jazakhallah khair for this app. Peace to everyone and I pray for guidance for everyone.
By far the most accurate translation
I am impressed by that translator and his knowledge in ArabIc. I’d love to buy a hard copy as well. The app is great and I love the prayer times with Azam’s and the Qibla compass is so so useful.
The developers went above and beyond to make this the best Quran app I have used. A must have for all Muslims!
Seems to be by Ahmadiyya
For those of you who don’t know who the ahmadiyya are, they’re a group of muslims who believe their founder is the messiah and mahdi. to push this belief, they try to make tafsir staring that jesus has died a natural death. a lot of the tafsirs i found on this app say that. “mutawiffi” means to come and go. not to die a natural death as they claim. that’s what “tawaff” around the ka’ba is. coming and going around it, so there’s your evidence. don’t fall for this. and some christian on here made tafsirs against the quran and for the bible so it seems anyone can make a tafsir.
- Talib Omer
- 173 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 Peace Through Understanding
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.