From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Providence Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get one month for 99¢ ($11.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.providencejournal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Local News
Superior reporting and columnists. Did prefer however the previous layout and format. Now hard to tell if an article is current or several/days weeks old.
So much missed potential..
This app is disappointing. I believe in supporting local journalism, and I think having a clean, functional app is important. I’ve lived in RI my whole life and I’d hate to see the Projo go out of printing. As someone who would pay for a good app, here are some suggestions:
1. The navigation is confusing and the sidebar menu is a little overwhelming. It would be cool to have some sort of quick navigation tools or just an overall more fluid and intuitive interface.
2. Should have a login capability. There aren’t (from what I can find) any options for logging in, linking a subscription, or even any personalization options.
3. Not sure if I’m missing this one too, but I didn’t see any options for paying to turn off ads.
I understand this is a hard time so maybe app development isn’t in the budget. But just wanted to give some feedback because I think it could be a great app for all my local news.
We are literally in a health crisis/pandemic and every article related to it is blocked because I’ve read too many free articles for the month. Seriously? How about you let people read news related to the governor’s guidelines for keeping us safe without eliciting a subscription. And don’t bother reaching out to ask them to relax the settings to allow for open information during this time-they don’t fix it-rather say it must be a glitch. Shameful.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 183.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $11.99
- Providence Journal - Annual $69.99
- ProJo digital access $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.