From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Providence Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.providencejournal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• We've addressed a lot of issues and made accessing your subscription even easier.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Local News
Superior reporting and columnists. Did prefer however the previous layout and format. Now hard to tell if an article is current or several/days weeks old.
Reliable local news
I just got this app. I was using the New York Times but I don’t live in New York and I find most of their articles a bit too high brow for me to be honest. The Projo is very comprehensible and I honestly don’t see why I need to know what’s going on in Botswana or wherever which I’m sure the NYT covers. Projo seems to be mostly local news (judging from my usage of it thus far) which is basically all I care about at this point in my life. So... as they say, “It works for me.”
So much missed potential..
This app is disappointing. I believe in supporting local journalism, and I think having a clean, functional app is important. I’ve lived in RI my whole life and I’d hate to see the Projo go out of printing. As someone who would pay for a good app, here are some suggestions:
1. The navigation is confusing and the sidebar menu is a little overwhelming. It would be cool to have some sort of quick navigation tools or just an overall more fluid and intuitive interface.
2. Should have a login capability. There aren’t (from what I can find) any options for logging in, linking a subscription, or even any personalization options.
3. Not sure if I’m missing this one too, but I didn’t see any options for paying to turn off ads.
I understand this is a hard time so maybe app development isn’t in the budget. But just wanted to give some feedback because I think it could be a great app for all my local news.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 186.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription $11.99
- ProJo digital access $9.99
- Providence Journal - Annual $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.