Connect to The State newspaper’s app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from Columbia, Richland, Lexington and the Midlands of South Carolina. The State report on the local topics you care about, including local weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the SC Midlands.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The State newspaper opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The State app comes with complimentary web access to The State site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first month for $1.99. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $15.99 per month or $159.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The State app, eEdition and The State website.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.thestate.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/
For California Residents: To learn more about managing your sharing preferences and Do Not Sell My Info rights visit https://www.thestate.com/customer-service/privacy-policy/#notice_california
We have fixed some small bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The "Edit" function does not work. There used to be a "Print" version but it is not available. Poor design. You guys can do better ! Ask Arial for his input. Creativity is needed.
Not good. Why not use the Wall Street Journal app as your template? Even The NY Times app. Sorry to be harsh but you asked!
Can not turn off background refresh
Content is good. App is not so good. There is no obvious way to turn off background refresh. Background refresh stays on even when the global setting is turned off! This will drain your battery. If you want to check it out for yourself, go to settings, then battery, and look at the activity report. This app is always in the top 2 or 3 for battery usage.
I will probably cancel my subscription when the annual renewal comes up because of this issue.
If it is your desire to be aggravated on a daily basis, subscribe to this sorry example of a news reporting organization. The availability of sections changes daily and trying to navigates the pages is an example of futility. Right in the middle of an article, the pages will just decide to fail, sending you back to your screen home page. I have learned, over the last few years, that the State newspaper is a horrible example of objective reporting with no concern for customer service.
- McClatchy Interactive
- 46.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 The State Media Co. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $15.99
- Annual Subscription $159.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.