The new 2021 TVH App contains the tenth edition of The Vaccine Handbook, a new chapter on COVID-19 and links to numerous valuable educational resources.
The Vaccine Handbook: A Practical Guide for Clinicians (“The Purple Book” is a uniquely comprehensive source of practical, up-to-date information for vaccine providers, educators, and advocates. It draws together the latest vaccine science and guidance into a concise, user-friendly, practical resource for the private office, public health clinic, academic medical center, hospital, and classroom.
The Vaccine Handbook App provides
• Vital information on every licensed vaccine in the United States;
• Rationale behind authoritative vaccine recommendations;
• Contingencies encountered in everyday practice;
• Advice on how to address concerns about vaccines;
• Background on vaccine policy and infrastructure;
• Standards and regulations;
• Office logistics, billing procedures, and much more.
The 10th edition contains new chapters on COVID-19, Dengue, and Ebola, the 2021 Vaccine Schedules, a discussion of the applied science of in vivo-expressed antigens, and policy issues such as emergency use authorization and shared clinical decision making.
About the Author: Gary S. Marshall, MD, a professor of pediatrics at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Kentucky, serves as chief of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. In addition to being a busy clinician, he is nationally known for his work in the areas of vaccine research, advocacy, and education.
PIDS: The Pediatric Infectious Disease Society (PIDS) has partnered with the publisher, Professional Communications, Inc., to distribute The Vaccine Handbook App.
From the Foreword . . .
“The Purple Book is a tried and true, concise, user-friendly compendium of pretty much every-thing you need to know to engage in vaccine practice. TPB is the next best thing to having a personal vaccine expert on speed dial. . . or in the office next door. I have both, but I still use TPB on a regular basis (there’s also a copy in our clinic and one in the fellow’s welcome packet).”
– Kris A. Bryant, MD
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
The Vaccine Handbook is a wonderful, thorough collection of valuable information for all clinicians who vaccinate children. A must have reference book for every office.
– Paul A. Offit, MD Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology and Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
This book gives clinicians a well-organized and efficient one-stop source for information on immunizations and vaccine preventable diseases.
– Kevin J. Downes, MD Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
During my more than 20 years in the field of immunization education, I have not seen another book that is so brimming with state-of-the-science information.
– Deborah L. Wexler, MD Executive Director, Immunization Action Coalition
A ready reference source on the practical aspects of vaccines and vaccinations.
– Robert M. Jacobson, MD Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
The Vaccine Handbook is designed to help the time-crunched clinician get the facts in a hurry. The well-organized layout detailed index, and useful tables are “just what the doctor ordered.”
– Sharon G. Humiston, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of
Medicine and Dentistry
Ratings and Reviews
The Vaccine Handbook is the first & best truly comprehensive resource that brings together all the important information a provider needs - all in one place! It is easy to use to find answers to important questions - and easy to read. Even for an experienced clinician, I continually find great gems of knowledge & answers to questions. Most important, the information is really practical and useful. I think every practice should have a copy, sitting right next to the Red Book, as the key resources!
The Vaccine Handbook: A Practical Guide for Clinicians is a must-have resource for anyone involved in vaccine practice! It goes above and beyond to provide detailed, fact-based descriptions of vaccines and the diseases they prevent in a voice that is easy to understand. The app is especially helpful because it includes the full text of the book, including all of its useful charts and graphics, right at your fingertips! Highly recommend!
The vaccine handbook has been my go-to reference book during residency, fellowship and now after training. It is a concise yet detailed description of all available vaccines. I appreciate that it also gives a description of the vaccine-preventable disease, safety of the vaccine, and schedule. The Vaccine Handbook is one that all pediatricians and primary care practitioners should have available for reference.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eye of the Tiger Technologies
- 246.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Unrestricted Web Access
- © Eye of the Tiger Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.