Weather - The Weather Channel 4+
Local Radar Maps & Storm Watch
The Weather Channel Interactive
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
The Weather Channel is the World's Most Accurate Forecaster**. With extreme weather on the rise, prepare yourself for storms, hurricanes & wildfires. Track daily forecasts and receive live radar updates, storm alerts, & local precipitation updates.
Our live Doppler radar maps, storm watch, and hurricane tracker can warn you ahead of time of severe storms, heavy rain, heat waves, or an incoming flood. Receive your forecast updates and rest assured with our weather warnings. Severe weather is increasing across the nation - our severe weather alerts have you covered.
Plan up to 15 days in advance with forecasts from the World’s Most Accurate Weather Forecaster, so you can plan ahead with confidence**. Manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you.
Download The Weather Channel to get you through storm season, hurricane season & extreme weather warnings.
The Weather Channel Features:
Today’s Weather Forecast:
- New 15-minute forecast for rain intensity up to 7 hours in the future & radar on your homescreen
- Check weather forecasts up to two weeks in advance!
- Prepare for severe storms & hurricane season
Widget & Homescreen Features:
- Our smart widget offers more weather in detail at a glance and one-tap access to the forecast
- Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and check the forecast for the next three hours on your homescreen
- Dark Mode compatible for a great viewing experience
- Detailed information on sunset times and allergy & flu forecasts
- Keep informed with the latest weather news
- Stay prepared during extreme weather events, hurricanes, and earthquakes with live breaking news alerts
Upgrade to The Weather Channel Premium for our most comprehensive, dynamic, and precise weather experience available. Exclusive access to:
- Ad-free weather
- 15-minute forecast details
- Advanced 72-Hour Future Radar
- and more!
Privacy & Feedback
•If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
**The Weather Channel is the World's Most Accurate Forecaster. ForecastWatch, Global and Regional Weather Forecast Accuracy Overview, 2017-2020, https://www.forecastwatch.com/AccuracyOverview2017-2020, commissioned by IBM.
*The World's Leading Weather Provider: According to Comscore, The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, is the largest provider of weather forecasts worldwide based on total monthly unique visitors in 2020. Comscore Media Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information – Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2020 avg.
The Weather Channel app had an average of over 35 million combined smartphone monthly active users worldwide from March through October 2021 according to internal analytics. Over 2M total 5-star ratings out of over 3.0 million total reviews since January 2018 according to Apple’s App Store Connect.
The Weather Channel® is a registered trademark of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, an IBM Company.
Thanks for using The Weather Channel app! We are constantly working to add new features and improve your app experience. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is a great tool for work and personal life. I live on a farm, it tells what the temperature is gonna be outside, if it’s gonna be sunny and hot or windy or pouring down rain. This is incredibly important information if we’re going to burn a brush pile. I can look at this app and it will tell me if it’s gonna rain, if the wind is going to blow and what the wind speed is going to be as well as the wind direction. If you’re planning a big fire that’s real important information. If I’m gonna plant, I need to know when it’s gonna rain. I watch this app before I sow the seeds and I don’t plan on doing any tractor work if it’s gonna be raining or will have rained a lot and have things too wet to plow. When I’m traveling, I watch the rain patterns to see when it’s going to be best to be on the road when it’s going to be best to be off the road, you can look at what’s happening hour by hour. You can look at the rain in the past few hours, as well as the future by the hour, that tells us if the creeks might be impossible to drive over. In my small garden I also watch the temperatures so I know when to protect my plants from freezing temperatures . I use this app all the time.
Had this app for years. Will never use again. Here’s why.
1) as time has gone on it has become more of like a social media platform - the social media. People that are just trying to check the weather are not trying to sit through a 30 second add to do so. And I’m not paying for “pro”
2) stemming off of the 1st point. You are focusing more on pushing content than accurately predicting the weather. If you spent your time and resources on accuracy it would work out better seeing as you call yourself the “weather channel” accuweather does not force ads on you. It does not have an endless stream of videos sitting where you should just be able to view the weather. And they are more accurate.
3) accuracy. The weather channel over exaggerates everything weather but under estimates. If people actually used the weather channel for what is going to happen the next day and plan accordingly. You’d be screwed 90 percent of the time because they are only correct 10 percent of the time.
Example. It’s 9 p.m. and there is a 100 percent chance of rain at 7 a.m. you wake up. No clouds it’s 7. Birds are chirping. “Storms possible at 11 turns into 2 turns into. Wait. Ya’ll thought it was going to rain?” Meanwhile. If you just looked at weatherbug accuweather you’d be better off. At 9 p.m. they both know no weather is coming in at 7 a.m. they don’t just keep adjusting all day and guessing. They use the technology we have at our disposal to make a way more educated guess than weatherchannel.
What a joke
Seriously download the free version and try it out. It’s possibly the worst app I’ve ever downloaded. Too many add, also seems like they overloaded it, or tried to make it do more so that not it’s virtually none usable. Seriously how hard is it the have current, hourly, daily all in an easy to read. Don’t even get me started on the ads. The app has so much nonsense that you do more work trying to find what it is the apps is suppose to be for. You are out of your mind if you think you’ve convinced me to pay to download the premium. The way that works is show how good the app is, so much so it makes me think “if it’s this good I can’t imagine how much better the premium is”. I guess your idea is let’s drive them crazy with the free version, and they will want to pay for the premium. Premium may be what I’m looking for, but I’ll never know because you’ve put out such a terrible product I don’t feel the need to get suckered into giving you money. It’s like a car manufacturer trying to get you to buy the top of the line model by letting you try out the base model after it’s been used as a rental car for years, and behind on getting serviced. Seriously wonder how you are allowed to keep your jobs. Oh yeah that right, your model is buy up all the other good apps like dark sky to eliminate the competitor instead of trying to create a better app. You could cut so much out of the app and get back to basics and have way more people downloading, but you won’t.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Weather Channel
- 256.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2022 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pro Monthly $4.99
- Premium Pro Annual $29.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- Premium Pro Annual $19.99
- Ad Free - Annual $9.99
- Ad Free - Monthly $1.99