Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPAD
Things is tailored to the iPad, with excellent pro features as well. Chief among them is the outstanding support for your keyboard & trackpad. You can edit your to-dos without touching the screen, utilize plenty of shortcuts, and navigate your lists at blistering speed—just start typing!
“Things has the best implementation of external keyboard support I’ve ever seen in an iPad app.”
—Federico Viticci, MacStories
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, open multiple windows, add widgets to your home screen, scribble with Apple Pencil, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac, iPhone, and Apple Watch (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: www.things.app
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• Tightened up the layout of widgets to fit one more to-do in some configurations.
• Optimized the performance of widgets to consume less memory and update faster.
• Slightly increased the text size for Calendar Events in the Today, Tomorrow, and Upcoming lists.
• Added a button to disable the permissions request for Calendar/Reminders data.
• Fixed some interface glitches that could occur when denying access to Calendar/Reminders data.
• Fixed the slight misalignment of the button for revealing later dates in the When popover.
• Fixed a bug that prevented mouse hover effects in the When popover if a hardware keyboard wasn’t attached.
This update brings support for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and watchOS 10, including Interactive Widgets and other great improvements.
Things’ widgets are now interactive. This means that you can complete your to-dos right on the Home Screen, without having to open the app:
• Tap a to-do’s checkbox to mark it complete.
• Tap a to-do’s title to reveal it in Things.
Things’ widgets are now available in more places than ever. Once you’ve upgraded to the latest OS versions, you can add them to:
• Your iPad’s Lock Screen.
• Your iPhone’s new StandBy mode, which is activated when the device is on its side and connected to power.
• Your Watch’s new Smart Stack, which is revealed by swiping up from the bottom of the watch face.
We’ve adjusted Things to fit in nicely with the new design of watchOS 10, and modernized the app under-the-hood.
Things for Apple Watch now requires watchOS 7 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-dos from anywhere in the app, and organizing items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
Nifty Little App
A little history on myself. I have been away from GTD apps for quite a while. The last app I used and paid for was Omni Focus and fell out of favor with that app due to its complexity. I never could buy in to its way of organization. I had tried things at that time (still in version 1 I believe) and the app just did not work the way that I wanted it to.
Now comes present time. I finally grew tired of the limitations of the stock reminders app and did some extensive research on a few of them. Read many blogs on strengths and weakness of all of them. I think when it comes down to all GTD apps there really is no best app. So do your own research.
What I love about this app is its powerful simplicity. I never realized how much more organization things 3 brought to the table but yet look so clean. Is it perfect, no but neither is any other app.
Things 3 can certainly use some upgrades. Alexa integration would be on the top of my list. Apple’s Siri speaker when it comes out is still not feasible given the price. One of the other simpler changes is eliminating the three dots for more options at the bottom of the todo list. iPad has plenty of screen real estate to show all the options without the additional button press.
Things 3 is well written app that works as it should. I have not come across any annoyances just yet but I am only a fews days in to the app but enjoying it very much.
I am kinda mad that I did not buy it earlier.
After trying several todo apps over the years, I finally broke down and bought Things 3. I am kinda mad that I did not do it earlier.
I have used many todo apps over the years but have always ended up with unusable clutter. Separating my lists by app for work and personal did not help much either since that meant having that many more apps on my phone. Each just ended up in a folders like Productivity and Work apps which meant 2 taps to get to an app to see what needed to be done next. Since they did not integrate my calendar I had to check both the todo apps and calendar to see what was going on on a given day. In short, that doesn’t work and I still had the challenge of balancing my home and work responsibilities with just my brain. That is needlessly stressful and every few months I would look for yet another way to solve the problem.
I balked at spending even more money on yet another todo app but I had heard good things about Things for years so I finally took the plunge on the iPhone. I transferred all my lists from other apps and deleted them so that Things 3 would have a prominent place on my home screen. Several months in and I love it! One place to see everything including my color coded calendars and now I own it on iPad and Mac! Less stress, so happy!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 62.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2023 Cultured Code
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.