Top Camera is back! Here is the 2nd version of award winning photo/video camera/editor app for iOS. What’s changed? Just everything. Here is the most advanced photo/video camera with unified photo/video editor.
- we removed all unnecessary settings, Camera module has just modes, some modes has 2-3 submodes.
- all photos/videos captured by the app are stored in system Photo Library.
- the editor works directly on items from Photo Library as well - no need to import/export to edit.
- 5 photo modes: Photo (normal and square), HDR, Slow Shutter, Night Photo, Superfast Burst
- 3 video modes: Simple Video with Pause (30 or 60fps), Slow Motion, Time Lapse
- focus box, exposure box (tap-and-hold to lock)
- manual focus/exposure slider
- zoom (by pinch gesture or slider)
- Volume button shutter
- Self Timer
- Virtual Horizon - a visual leveling bar to keep your images straight.
- unified Photo/Video editor - all filters/adjustments can be applied to both Photos and Videos
- 9 Adjustments: Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Vibrance, Sharpen/Blur, Shadows, Highlights, Straighten
- 64 Hollywood quality color-correction filters divided into 8 groups: Cinema, Effects, Vintage, Antique, Pastel, Split/Tone, Monotone
- Adjust filter strength
- Realtime preview
- Drag left/right to scrub through videos
- Tap-and-hold on thumbnail to delete
- Save result as a new clip
- Or Overwrite current one - you can later revert to original version from this app system Photos app
- Photo Extension support
- fixed crash in Slow Shutter mode
Ratings and Reviews
Nice feature set for a price
I really like multiple modes in the app, especially the slow shutter mode. For the price, there are a lot of features in the app. Also, the layout of the controls is nice and after some time feel intuitive.
Yet, after certain update the "slow shutter" mode just stopped working. I wrote to the support several times across several months. Finally, the fix came quickly one the dev acknowledged the bug. I can understand that they were busy with some other app, but yet that part of the experience is why I'm not giving 5* to Top Camera.
Developer Response ,
It has been fixed in version 1.10
Use this all the time!
I love almost everything about this app especially the editing choices and it's my first choice when I take photos. I would like 2 improvements. 1. During editing I often need to see the whole photo and right now only 2/3rds is shown and 2. I have to go to another app to crop. Will cropping be added soon? Hope so! Then I would use no other apps to edit!
Eats up my iPad Memory (more than default Photos app)
I like the functionality of this app a lot, especially how HDR pictures require clicking only once, rather than multiple times as in Top Camera (1). But honestly, I much preferred the first app, except for how the first one stored the pictures in the app. But now I keep seeing the size of this app grow, despite that it doesn't save the pictures (?)...before I deleted it just now, it had grown larger than the iPad's default Photos app. This is out of control. I love this app, but this doesn't sit right with me.
I'm going to go back to the first app for a while, do a little research, and decide what application software to use from there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.