TouchMix-8/16 Control is an app for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch that provides wireless control of QSC TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 digital sound reinforcement mixers. Visit www.qsc.com for more information. The app is not intended to perform any audio mixing or processing tasks on its own.
When run on the iPad and iPad mini, the TouchMix Control app closely follows the operational paradigm of the mixers. The iPad and the mixer GUI operate independently so it is possible for the iPad to act as an additional user interface that can display and control a set of functions completely different from those being controlled by the mixer’s screen and hardware. An alternate operation mode – Follow Mixer – is also available. With Follow Mixer engaged, the iPad follows the fader selection on the mixer. Touch a fader on the mixer and the iPad will display that channel’s Overview, EQ, Compressor, Sends or Gate screen. Touch a parameter on the iPad and the mixer’s rotary control will adjust it – or just drag on the iPad screen. When used without an actual TouchMix, the app acts as a demonstration of the mixer GUI and functionality but does not control audio in any way.
On the iPhone and iPod touch, the TouchMix Control app functions as a personal stage monitor mix control with the option to also remotely operate the mixer’s record and playback features as well as programmable user buttons. To prevent inadvertent adjustment of controls, the mixer operator may allow or restrict access to selected functions on a per-device basis.
* Input channel processing (4-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, gates, compressor)
* Output channel processing (1/3 octave GEQ, 6-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, anti-feedback filters and wizard, delay)
* Real Time Analyzer (RTA)
* Select Simple or Advanced mode
* Displays channel and output level meters
* Channel and output levels
* Effects and aux (monitor) send levels
* Select input presets from extensive library
* Select and control 4 simultaneous effects
* Input and output mutes and cues
* Configure and control DCA and Mute groups
* Multi-track recorder arm, playback and transport
* Includes TouchMix Info system, built-in reference guide.
* And more
* iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later
* QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with version 3.0 or higher firmware installed.
* QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with supplied Wi-Fi adaptor installed or connected to a network via USB-to-Ethernet adaptor.
* Note that controlling a mixer with multiple iOS devices running different versions of the app is not recommended.
* QSC, LLC Website TouchMix Support Application License Agreement.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Support for new mixer features (see TouchMix-8/16 Release Notes).
Fixed a bug that allowed users to access functions from the sidebar without authorization.
Various minor bug fixes and refinements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs way more functionality
I’m not saying you should make it like the sound craft mixer app, but this app needs way more functionalities than just adjusting levels. I want to buy a few more TouchMix units but this app is holding me back.
For all the naysayers, trying to use an iPhone to control your mixer is like trying to build a skyscraper with a hammer. The only time an iPhone should be used with this app is for personal monitor mixes, and while that’s a nice feature to have you don’t want everyone messing with mixes and then complaining. And as with every piece of tech equipment, you need to spend some time with it. When I first got this mixer I spent a week figuring out work flow and the I added the app and it was completely seamless.
This is a very good app with all the functionality of the mixer. Working in small to medium venues with just the usb WiFi dongle works great with my iPad. And being able to mix from the audience is spectacular.
Like the control, issues with networking though
I own a TouchMix 16. I bought a dedicated router from the recommended list online. I have solid connection with board and my I Pad Pro to router, the remote works great for a period of time but will disconnect within the remote app. I select the board from list it connects then disconnects within seconds. I don’t lose connection from router, it is all within the remote app. I have current updates on board, router and app. That is only issues I have with the TouchMix 16.
The developer, QSC Audio Products, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- QSC Audio Products, LLC.
- 94.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © QSC, LLC