Trail Run Project is your comprehensive guide to the best trails to run, wherever you are.
With the thoroughness of a printed map, we offer full GPS route info, elevation profiles, interactive features, photos, and more. Like a guidebook, we suggest the best featured runs to explore—either near your current location or in an area you search for. Local experts show you the highlights, challenging features, and insights you need to plan a great trail run.
• Find over 74,000 miles of trail to run with your crew.
• New trails are constantly added to our incredibly detailed trail run database.
• Your exact location is shown on the trail.
• Downloaded trails work offline for when you’re off the grid. (No cell reception required!)
• Enjoy high-resolution photos and detailed topographical trail maps.
• We’ll sync with your to-do list, check ins, and favorites on TrailRunProject.com.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This update allows facebook profile photos to continue working.
Ratings and Reviews
Love This App!!
I am a new trail runner so I have found this app incredibly helpful! I had no idea that there are so many wonderful places to run and this make makes them accessible to everyone! I’m so happy to be able to log my runs, contribute reviews and photos to the community of runners, and get to know the natural beauty of my state. I think running outdoors is going to really help me this year - especially considering that many activities are closed due to the pandemic. Thank you so much to all of those who contributed to the creation of this wonderful app!
Mostly a great app
We primarily use this app when running or hiking in unfamiliar terrain. It’s a great way to check location via GPS if you think you may have gotten turned around when deciding to try a new trail with poor signage or missing blazes. Also a pretty good option for looking up running options when traveling. My one beef is that some of the trails available on the website (including popular race routes) don’t show up in the app. In some cases you can even download a GPX file of the route from the desktop website, but you can’t load it into the app, and the trail/route doesn’t show up in app. Seems weird for Trail Run Project to have complete, downloadable GPX data for routes but for them not to be included for use with app.
Have loved this app for forever and shared with all my running clients and friends
I love how the gps signals your on the map regardless of having phone signal or not, as it’s a GREAT SAFETY FEATURE!!
There’s so many maps and profiles of trails to help you understand where you’re headed to and to prepare, along with imbedded driving routes via google maps which is super convenient!
I recommend it always to friends, my ShineOnHealth Coaching clients and strangers I meet out on the trails!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Adventure Projects Inc.
- 156 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Adventure Projects Inc 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.