Trainerize is an online personal training platform that empowers fitness professionals and studios to better connect to their clients when training them online or in-person.
By combining both a trainer and client-side experience, Trainerize allows fitness professionals to stay connected with their clients and manage their coaching business from their smartphones anytime, anywhere.
At the same time, Trainerize helps clients achieve their fitness goals by keeping them engaged with their trainers. Trainers help clients stay committed to their program through customized and comprehensive training plans and progress reports.
WHO CAN USE THE APP
Both fitness professionals and clients can use the app, however, fitness professionals need an account to enable clients access to the app. Clients can only use the app if they are working with a trainer that uses Trainerize.
FEATURES FOR FITNESS PROFESSIONALS
- Build and deliver customized training plans built from workouts containing exercise pictures/videos for online and in-person fitness training
- Look up client training plans and progress stats, manage workout calendars, check clients in for workouts, and track current workouts
- Deliver meal plans or get access to professional meal planning tools right in the app
- Keep a full client contact list database and train them in-person at anytime
- Edit client workouts on the fly
- Add full client body stats including caliper body fat measurements
- Upload client progress photos
- Add new clients from the mobile app
- Message clients in real-time
- Connect to add-ons to extend your business and services (eg. MindBody Online, Evolution Nutrition, YouTube, PayPal, Skype, Facebook, Twitter)
FEATURES FOR CLIENTS:
- Access training plans and track workouts
- Schedule workouts and stay committed by beating your personal bests
- Track progress towards your goals
- Manage your nutrition intake as prescribed by your coach
- Set health and fitness goals
- Message your coach in real-time
- Track body measurements and take progress photos
- Get push notification reminders for scheduled workouts and activities
- Connect to wearable devices to sync body stats instantly (Fitbit, Withings)
- Connects with Health App to sync your daily stats
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is a companion app for businesses that use Trainerize. An online account is required. If you're a client, ask your trainer for your account details so you can log in to this app. For more information visit our website.
We've improved out timeline filtering to make sure you always see the most important events first. You now have access to multiple filter options right from the timeline activities list.
Give encouragement in a snap. You can now quickly like an event or add it as a reply with the newly accessible thumbs up icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but here is why it crashes (for me)
I’ve had to reinstall this app at least 4 times but I think I found the bug. Since I have an Apple Watch, I try to connect it to the app and when I do it finishes the process and then it crashes. When I go back to the setting, it still says it’s the Apple Watch is not connected and the app continues to crash after about a minute, no matter what screen the app is on. It would drain my battery and make my phone very hot. I wonder if this is the same issue other users are experiencing.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixes the issue and then I just don’t try to connect my Apple Watch anymore; until there’s a fix.
Good but not great
This app needs a lot of upgrades before it’s a 5 star app.
1. They need more exercises that users can add, outside of the training plan provided by the trainer. For example - indoor spin versus outdoor cycling. Yoga. Hiking. Right now the options are so limited, it’s incredibly frustrating.
2. They removed the ability to edit a workout provided by a trainer. We used to be able to edit and substitute an exercise (like a kneeling plank vs a dynamic plank), but that’s gone with their most recent update which basically makes it unusable.
3. Their change management process is chaotic at best. They push out changes outside of app upgrades and so you never know what you’re going to get when you open it. It also makes the app unstable and crashes - probably because they are updating it behind the scenes in the middle of the day.
4. Weight tracking - the shortest increment for tracking is THREE MONTHS! Every other program out there has at least weekly graphs. They have weekly and monthly for other body measurements.
Only downside is a massive glitch
I want to preface this review with this: I love this app!!!!!!
The massive problem though is I’ve had to re-download this 5 times now because often times when I open it, even if I just had it open, it will be just a blank white screen and load nothing. It has happened 5 times now and that is the only thing that makes this a 4/5 app, not 5/5. Just frustrating to be in the middle of a workout and you need to take 5 minutes to re-download:(
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.