TurboWords Spelling 4+
Spelling Test Using Your Words
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
See also app "Student Edition" - includes all in-app purchases.
Using speech recognition, quickly build a spelling test from your own weekly school words. Record them in one stretch. Sit back and watch as they are recognized into text. It’s easy and fun!
Then play the test, rich with options. Seeing, hearing and writing your words will help you succeed in school tests. An amimo character (from French "ami" [friend] and "mots" [words]) says words of encouragement.
And finally, track your progress. See the results of your last three tests, individually for each word. Earn a shining star.
Alternatively, play one of five games using your words: hangman-style, crossword, word search, charivari and word shuffle.
Includes one sample group to get you started.
TurboWords lets you:
• Record as many words as you need.
• Enter or edit the text of the words.
• Re-order, delete or re-record your words.
• Create up to eight groups of words (lists). An unlimited number of groups can be purchased as a one-time in-app purchase, at a minimal cost.
• Receive and import groups created with TurboWords Parent/Teacher Edition.
• Play words sequentially or randomly, using your recorded voice or a synthesized voice.
• Type the words. Or write them on paper.
• Have instant feedback at each keystroke! Letters highlight green or red.
• Use a Hint button, if you’re stuck, pressing this button will reveal the next letter.
• Pronounce the word as you type each keystroke, if you wish.
• Go forward and backwards.
• Set a time limit, so that the next word is automatically played back, after a number of seconds that you set.
• Take partial tests.
• Focus on the words you have difficulty with, by excluding succeeded words from a spelling test.
• See the results of your test.
• Correct words.
• See a positive-reinforcement star, red and green lights showing your progress as you learn.
• Send test results by email.
• Play Not Hangman while improving your literacy.
• Solve the crossword puzzle.
• Beat your high score in animated Word Shuffle game.
• Solve the word search puzzle.
• Experience the frantic pace of the one or two player game Charivari.
Steps to use the app:
1. Add a group for your words.
2. Record your words.
3. Take the spelling test.
4. Correct the test.
You will find contextual help on every screen. Portrait and landscape modes are supported. A multi-user option can be purchased. It allows multiple users on the same device. Users can be created with their name and photo. Each user have their own groups of words.
- New game: Charivari. One or two players.
- Added button to skip animation in Shuffle game.
Ratings and Reviews
Hey People, I recommend you to read this review. This app is amazing, it is helping me with my school spelling bee. Just sometimes when I make it.... I say the word but I don’t take enough time in between and it doesn’t work but that’s on me. The only reason I don’t use this app is... well .... 😣my school spelling bee got cancelled cuz of the Coronavirus. But, I still I give this app a five star.
"Not Hangman" fun for group play
Like the format with the apples falling off the tree. Perhaps a little less threatening than hanging a cartoon character. Word list entry a bit kludgy, but progresses nicely once you get the hang of it. Entering words like "Jerusalem" and "Pharisees" requires editing the word manually to ensure correct spelling. I think there are more apples on the tree than necessary, or at least it would be nice to have an option to change the number of apples to make the game harder. Would like to be able to reset the high score as well. All in all a very solid alternative to traditional hangman.
Developer Response ,
We're happy that you like our app! We currently are implementing your suggestions.
I love this game it’s the best for me when I spell because on turbo words it’s like I get things super fast and it says when you do a different gate grade you know I delete it and get it back when you’re in a new grade it’s so fun but I wrote this view when I was in second grade and well yeah that was a long
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Claude Labelle
- 39.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2016 Claude Labelle
- In-App Purchases
- Multi-User $0.99
- Unlimited Groups $0.99
- Amimo Pack $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.