Udemy is an online learning platform featuring 130,000+ video courses taught by expert instructors. Take courses in anything from programming languages like Python, and Java to personal development classes like design, drawing, writing and yoga. Join the more than 40 million students who are mastering new skills, advancing their careers, and exploring new hobbies on Udemy.
LEARN ANYTHING: Discover courses in over 2,000 topics - from coding and data science to marketing, Photoshop, yoga, and more. New courses, on cutting-edge topics like machine learning, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, are continuously refreshed.
LEARN AFFORDABLY: Udemy has both free and paid courses within your budget. Once you’ve enrolled in a course, you’ll have lifetime access to the content.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS: Be inspired by 50,000+ expert instructors teaching in 60+ different languages.
LEARN ANYWHERE: Download courses to learn offline. On the go? Listen to courses in audio-only mode.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE: Ask both students and instructors questions. Personalize your learning experience with speed controls and closed captioning.
Free and paid courses available in:
- Business: Finance, financial analysis, entrepreneurship, public speaking, presentation skills, writing, etc. Plus, data & analytics (SQL, machine learning, deep learning, data science & more).
- IT & Software: IT certification, network & security, cyber security, CCNA, etc.
- Office Productivity: Microsoft, Apple, Google, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Personal Development: productivity, leadership, personal finance, career development, study skills, etc.
- Design: drawing, web design, graphic design, design tools (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & more), UX design, UI design, design thinking, etc.
- Marketing: Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization(SEO), social media marketing, marketing fundamentals, mobile marketing, content marketing, product marketing, etc.
- Lifestyle: arts & crafts, travel, gaming, dog training, etc.
- Photography: digital photography, photography tools, commercial photography, video design, etc.
- Health & Fitness: yoga, nutrition, meditation, self-defense, etc.
- Teacher Training: online course creation, presentation skills, instructional design, etc.
- Music: instruments (guitar, piano & more), music fundamentals, music techniques, music software, etc.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, etc.
Thank you for learning on Udemy! This update includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Offline viewing needs work
The offline viewing doesn’t download lectures efficiently. When queueing the videos to download and selecting multiple courses to download, it tries to download everything in parallel and clogs up the internet stream slowing download speed to a stop which would be faster if videos downloaded one by one. Also it says courses are finished downloading in downloaded courses but its really not completely downloaded. It doesn’t even show a percentage of how much of the course is downloaded. I think offline downloading if made efficiently could help udemy’s website from having too many requests at once from people rewatching already streamed videos. It would be helpful if a stream could be downloaded while watching to save time. Other than offline problems the lectures, tests, and videos work really well on the app. I just hope there is an update to fix the download course option.
UX should be improved in mobile app
- When you go my courses tab and browse one of your purchased courses in mobile app, there is no link to go to the author profile for looking his/her other courses. You basically need to search instructor name in search section to find his/her other courses. Waste of time. This problem can be solved very easy. In purchased courses, a simple button/link which goes instructor profile can be put in the “more” section. Then I can easily look my instructors other courses and enroll them if I like it.
- When you look for a new course, you can see the curriculum in extendable way. Tree structure in other words. When you click the “+” sign, you can see the content of the section. This is perfect. If there is a lot of section, it says after showing some section, “There is 19 more section”. 19 is trivial, this number depends on the course. Anyway, when you click this link to see whole section, there is no tree view any more. No “+” sign to extend section content. Which means there is a very big table of contents page. You have to scroll down and up to see everything. It is waste of time. You can implement a tree view after I click to see whole section. Then If I curious about content of the one section, I can click the “+” sign and see the content. You also can add “extend/collapse all section” option. This is more user friendly.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you so much for your feedback and we really appreciate all of your sincere contribution to the Udemy app. We have recorded these suggestions as a feature request, and we do hope that this will be launched as soon as possible. Have a great day!
Mostly Great - Has issues with Bluetooth
The content on Udemy is first class, so that part is 5 star. So this review is just for the iPhone app. You can easily play content, and download to play off line, that is very good. It has a couple of quirks, though, and one deficiency.
Quirk 1: you can’t play/pause using Bluetooth. I’ll qualify that to say that you can play, but not pause. I tested with Apple AirPods and Bose Quiet Comfort and neither could pause. This is inconvenient, because sometimes I’ll have my phone plugged in and will be listening to a lecture and I have to walk over to the phone to pause.
Quirk 2: The “my courses” section will sometimes just appear empty. If I close & reopen the app, it refreshes and I see my courses. I think the app doesn’t gracefully handle being connected/disconnected from Internet access and then doesn’t properly display content.
Deficiency: You can’t bookmark or see bookmarks in the app. These exist in a full Internet browser, and are very useful. I often use my phone for watching lectures though so I can multitask when the lecture doesn’t require a hands on activity - then I go back to my laptop when needed. I would like for the app to have bookmarks that are synced to Udemy so that they appear for me everywhere.
- Udemy Inc
- 96.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Udemy, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- CCNA 2017 200-125 Video Boot Camp With Chris Bryant $19.99
- Become a Web Developer from Scratch $119.99
- Microsoft Excel 2010 Course Beginners/ Intermediate Training $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.