Anyone can turn inspiration into 3D creations in uMake, awarded iPad Pro App of the Year.
Fully featured and easy to use, uMake empowers both 3D CAD pros and novices, engaging teachers and students alike. A quick sketch or a few primitives are all it takes to start 3D modeling your ideas. Get precise and inspiring results as you sketch, edit, export, visualize, render, and share your creations from the freedom of your iPhone or iPad.
Whether you're creating 3D models for fun, education, work, or business, uMake has intuitive, powerful features that enhance your creativity.
uMake helps you realize your vision in industrial design, product design, architecture, interior design, fashion, graphic design, UX design, fine arts, stage design and theater, hobbies, and more. Designers, artists, creators, engineers, students, educators, and makers are discovering unique ways to create and learn in uMake.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH
- Starter templates, scenes, floor plans, interiors, graphic design compositions, mockups ready for your logo, and more so you can focus on your core ideas
- Drag-and-drop 3D model for every field, including architecture, interior design, and graphic design
- Easy presets and environments for lighting and rendering
- uMake+ subscription option unlocks unlimited downloads of premium content
FINGER-FRIENDLY 3D DRAWING, GREAT WITH APPLE PENCIL
- Model and draw in 3D with just your fingertips or sketch precisely with an Apple Pencil
- Supports Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity
- Draw naturally with sketch planes, snap tools, dimensions, and more
POWERFUL ENGINE, PROFESSIONAL TOOLS
- Create smooth, accurate NURBS vector-based curves and surfaces
- Sketch freely in 3D as you ideate, or draw precise dimensions for professional CAD
- Enjoy essential mass modeling tools, including Push and Pull, Extrude, Extrude along Path, Revolve, and Array
- Stay organized with Layers and Geometry Grouping
WORKS WITH YOUR FAVORITE DESIGN APPS
- Move projects between your favorite painting, drawing, CAD, and 3D printing apps and programs
- Export in IGES, STEP, OBJ, and STL formats
- Import and batch import SKP (SketchUp, 3D Warehouse), IGES, STEP, OBJ, STL, and SVG files
- Import reference photos and images, such as blueprints or floor plans
- Use uMake alongside SketchUp, Procreate, TinkerCAD, Fusion 360, Nomad Sculpt, SolidWorks, Rhino 3D, PTC OnShape, Concepts, Paper, Morpholio, Alias, Blender, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Catia, Solid Edge, Maya, 3DS Max, MeshMixer, Netfabb, Shapr3D, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Inkscape, and many more!
VISUALIZE, RENDER, AND SHARE, RIGHT HERE IN UMAKE
- Exclusive on-device rendering engine for beautiful, fast results with easy setup
- Easy access to textures, lighting, environments, and presets
- Imagine your designs in the real world with Augmented Reality (AR)
- Create presentations and share your ideas right inside uMake
LEARN AND EXPLORE
- In-app video tutorials and demos of each tool or setting
- Comprehensive online knowledge base
- Ask questions in our friendly user forums
- 2015 iPad Pro App of the Year
- Best of App Store 2015
- Editors' Choice
GET IN TOUCH
We'd love to hear from you! If you have questions, feel free to e-mail us at 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
Follow us on Instagram (@umake) for more updates.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm the purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period. To opt out, you must turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Manage changes to your subscription in the iTunes Account Settings.
- Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a uMake subscription.
A better lighting for everyone!
HDR environment lights - every device (older and newer) will run HDR environment lights. This means the lighting in the editor and rendering mode will look more realistic and accurate.
You can adjust the environment map by tapping on the […] more options button in the selected environment map.
If you missed out on our recent update, check out the "What's New" section under the help tab to learn more. Here's a quick summary:
Home screen: It's now easier to start a design from a pre-made template. You can begin working from a basic blank template or use and adjust a pre-made template for your needs.
uMake+: Enjoy unlimited creativity. uMake+ offers unlimited downloads of mobile and AR-friendly 3D models, textures, and more, worth hundreds of dollars per year; Saving you time and money.
Ratings and Reviews
No cap the best app but...
1. For those that don’t pay ur barely can’t really make anything on the payed subscription side you have access to ever tool and can make stuff compared to those that don’t pay with subscription
They can’t make anything really...
Example: you made a app that you do high quality animation and you can make unlimited animations and have a good amount of tools to work with to do those animations
Scene the person loves doing animation with on the free version then he will mostly likely will go on the subscription service because. On no payed he enjoyed the tools he had to work with and made animations and then pays for subscription because he or she loves the app
Now applying to here you must at least give the person something to work with so they can decide weather or not the app is suiting for him or her or even can do anything with it
But on here you have non of that so if you can’t get anyone to at least experience a bit of taste of this app with a bit of tools and stuff then they would love this app.
Now all that out of the way,
this is a very high quality app and gives you creatively control in what u want to create I would personally recommend this but please take this in consideration
Since the last review i’ve posted i’ve seen some useful and important updates to the app, I hope to continue to see that. Allow me to provide a suggestion, PLEASE focus on iCloud sync, AND allow for slicing models for 3D printing, I’ve had to make the switch to Shapr3D because my models made in uMake aren’t solid models so they wont print when I export the stl files to my printer and I need to know whether my designs print correctly or not before selling them. If your primary use for this app will be for printing, then I recommend Shapr3D, they have an export option for 3D printers, I've finally successfully printed a model I designed, with Shapr3D. It’s very aesthetically similar to uMake but has significantly more features (while at the same time lacking some that uMake has) than uMake. Just don’t get too excited their app is only a step up (maybe, depending who you ask). For example, on Shapr3D you can’t easily change the dimensions of a design, scaling it up or down is annoying especially cuz it’s not intuitive to invoke the pop up for the dimensions to type it in. I look forward to seeing what the devs take from this and where they intend to take the app going forward, I do appreciate the frequency of updates.
Developer Response ,
Hey! We're sorry about this experience. The lost work issue you described shouldn't happen. Syncing is about having your designs in the cloud and on any device. We're working on a multi-device solution that would allow using uMake on multiple devices simultaneously. As for cutting into rounded 3D surfaces - we're doing our best to support more CAD tools in uMake, some easier, some less, and we prioritize accordingly. Happy to work together with you to solve the issues you raised and get additional feedback from you. Would you be able to email us at "email@example.com". Thank you.
Kills my iPad Mini 2
I was loving this app as it has so much potential and I know I could really benefit from it in many areas but unfortunately it diminishes my battery life very quickly and that’s even when I have only this app running and nothing in the background also it lags terribly bad and crashes on me after a few extrudes or free hand shapes which is pretty bad if I can’t even do that. I was interested in going pro but if I can’t even get through the free version then I see no sense in wasting my time, effort or money. Perhaps it’s just my iPad since my iOS is up to date ect.
I would really like to use this app for my own work since I’ve seen some pretty amazing stuff come out of it in the community creations gallery and from tutorials. I’ve been following and doing the tuts which didn’t seem to give me much of an issue but when I go to create my own thing it does sadly.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your review and for listing the issues. We would love to address each of your concerns as we take our users experience quite seriously. Firstly, the iPad 2 is the oldest iPad that uMake runs on. As uMake is a 3D sketching application, it requires quite a fair amount of processing power. As models become more complex, there are more objects to render in 3D, and thus the demand for processing power increases. This can mean heavy battery usage, and as models become more complex, a slowdown in performance. This is the case with any 3D application, even running on high powered computers. As the iPad 2 features the first generation of 64bit processors that Apple made, it is working very hard to run uMake.
Going Pro: We are happy to hear you enjoyed the application so much you considered going pro, however to be clear, if you don't plan on exporting your creations out of uMake to further develop, or import work you are working on, then the free version would meet all of your creative needs.
Crashes - There are few known bugs right now with extrude along path, (especially when symmetry is on) that will cause uMake to crash. We will solve these bugs and more in future updates. We would be happy to discuss more or know more about your issues if you send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for the review. We would love to get you up and fully running!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UMake, Inc.
- 403.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 uMake, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- uMake (1 Year) $95.99
- uMake (1 Month) $15.99
- uMake (1 Year) $95.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.