Under My Roof® Home Inventory+ 4+
Complete Home Organizer
Binary Formations, LLC
- Offers In-App Purchases
With Under My Roof®, all of the details and important records needed to manage and maintain your home & belongings daily and for years to come are easily organized and available to you from anywhere saving you time, money, and peace of mind.
• NEVER MISS ROUTINE MAINTENANCE AGAIN
• KEEP TRACK OF MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, & RENOVATIONS
• NO MORE WASTING TIME LOOKING FOR INFORMATION SCATTERED ACROSS BOXES, FILES, JUNK DRAWERS, OR WEBSITES
• LOCATE ITEMS IMMEDIATELY, EVEN THOSE IN A BOX IN THE ATTIC
• HELPS WITH MOVING, ESTATE PLANNING, INSURANCE COVERAGE, COLLECTIBLES, AND MORE!
Available for iPhone, iPad, & Mac with syncing across all your devices using your own private iCloud Account. No risky web backend or account signup required!
Under My Roof is the next generation of our App Store Editors' Choice Mac app, Home Inventory, helping people document their home & belongings since 2005.
GET RID OF PAPER CLUTTER
• Quickly store photos, receipts, product manuals, warranties, notes, and important documents for your home and belongings
KEEP IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR HOME, ROOMS, & BELONGINGS
• Make, model, serial number, purchase price, purchase date, value, square footage, paint colors, property assessment history and much more
KEEP TRACK OF RENOVATIONS & MODIFICATIONS
• Track parts & supplies, cost, additional value added, photos, receipts & more
KEEP TRACK OF MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS
• Create maintenance schedules for your home & items
• Keep track of maintenance and repair history
• Track parts & supplies, cost, photos, receipts & more
• Flexible enough for any type of collection
• Multiple ways to value a collection
KEEP TRACK OF PROPERTY INSURANCE & CLAIMS
• Coverage analysis lets you know if you are properly insured
• Handles complex coverage rules and limits found in most personal property insurance policies
• Have a detailed list of your belongings to make sure you receive a fair and timely settlement
• Keep track of insurance claims and damage details
TRACK DISPOSED ITEMS
• Donated, trashed, recycled, sold, gifted, etc.
QUICK DATA ENTRY
• Supports barcode scanning & text capture
DATA SYNC, PRIVACY, & PROTECTION
• Your data is yours and stored locally on your device and in your personal iCloud account if sync is turned on
• Optional password protection
• Share your inventory with others to view or edit
• Supports Touch ID
MANAGE YOUR MOVE
• Know the location, size, and what's in a moving box
SUPPORTS CUSTOM & STANDARD BARCODE & QRCODES
• Automatically add an item by scanning it's UPC/EAN/ISBN barcode
• Create your own barcodes for asset tracking
• Search your inventory by barcode
• Unlimited custom fields, locations, categories, collections, color-coded tags, conditions, heirs, reports, & moving boxes
• Customizable field layouts by category
MULTI CURRENCY SUPPORT
• Automatic currency conversion
• Track original currency
OTHER NOTABLE FEATURES
• Supports unlimited homes
• Supports multiple concurrent users
• Assign heirs for Estate Planning
• Supports CSV import & export
• Runs natively on the Mac, iPhone, & iPad
• Dependable customer support
IMPORT FROM HOME INVENTORY
• Easily import your Home Inventory data if you choose to move to Under My Roof
• Visit https://binaryformations.com/support/under-my-roof-faq/ for more details on moving from Home Inventory
• Under My Roof is FREE to download and try with a limit of 10 items
• Subscribing removes the 10 item limit on all of your Macs, iPads, & iPhones and comes with 1 free week
• Supports Family Sharing
• Should you cancel your subscription, you will still be able to view your inventory
Contact us at email@example.com for questions, issues, likes and dis-likes. Your feedback is always welcome and helps us make Under My Roof even better!
Under My Roof is a registered trademark of Binary Formations, LLC
• You can now add items to another item. So as not to overwhelm the Location List with every item in your inventory, you must first tap and hold (iPhone/iPad) or right click (Mac) on the item in the Item List and select "Can contain other items" to make the item a container. The item will now appear in the Location List and it will also be a valid choice in many places where you can choose a location.
• You can now expand and collapse sub-locations when navigating the Location List.
• You can now expand and collapse sub-categories when navigating the Category List.
• The Moving Boxes List now shows moving boxes hierarchically and supports collapsing and expanding boxes that are stored in other boxes.
• Moving Boxes that are sub-locations of a non-moving box location (and any moving boxes packed inside of those boxes) now appear in the Location List.
• Added a new Unpacking Panel for Moving Boxes. Just right click on a box and select Unpack Moving Box.
• Added a Select All/Deselect All button in the Moving Box Move Panel.
• Add a new Moving Box by scanning its barcode. The new box's Barcode field will automatically be set to the scanned barcode.
• Enabling the new Scanned Barcode As Box Name setting will automatically set the name of a Moving Box added using Barcode Scanning to that of the scanned barcode.
• The auto-generated Moving Box Name/Number assigned when a new moving box is added will still increment if you add additional text to the name.
• Supplies with their Location set to a Moving Box will now be moved with the box when it is moved to a new home.
• Searching for a Moving Box by scanning its barcode will search the Name field of each box in addition to the Barcode field for an exact match.
• Improved Packing Interface for packing items into Moving Boxes.
• The Moving Box Prefix portion for the auto-generated Moving Box name can now be set to no value in Settings, allowing for auto-generated box names with no prefix.
• The number of digits of the Next Moving Box Number value in Settings indicates the minimum number of digits displayed when auto-generating Moving Box names.
• You can now add a photo directly when adding a new Moving Box instead of having to go to its Photos section after the box was added.
• Maintenance Task Supply entries are updated appropriately when moving an Item to another Home.
• Sub-Locations and Moving Boxes that appear in the Item List now include a photo (if available).
• Add a new component to the Parts & Supplies list for a Repair or Change by scanning its barcode. This option is accessible from the + button in the top right of a Repair View or Change View.
• You now right click on a sub-location, sub-category, or collection in the Item List to view or edit it directly.
• New Moving Box Item Detail report type for creating reports with the full detail os each item packed in each moving box.
• New Moving Box Item List report type for producing a compact list of items packed in each moving box.
• Added a new Moving Box List report type that generates a simple list of all of your Moving Boxes, including the dimensions, weight, and value of the items packed in each box. The totals include the total number of boxes, number of boxes packed inside of other boxes, the weight, and the number of items packed and their value.
• The dimensions and weight for Moving Boxes are now included on section title pages when generating a report.
• Item-based reports organized by Location will now include a breakdown by Moving Box in the report's summary.
• Fixed a bug with adding low supply entries to Reminders under macOS Ventura.
• Fixed an issue with an empty overhang under the Search Bar above the Item List when it is selected under macOS Ventura.
• Fixed an issue with not including the items in a Moving Box that is in a sub-location in the totals that appear in above the Item List when browsing the parent location.
Ratings and Reviews
New features are terrific - and the basics remain really helpful
I have been using this app and its predecessor for many years; I’m really happy with how simple it makes the process of keeping a home inventory. Now, it’s also helping me get my arms around maintenance of my “stuff” and of my home. It’s also helping me streamline my life by pointing out where I have just too much stuff and where I want to simplify. When I’ve been overwhelmed with work and home and kids and all, it has really helped me get things sorted.
The team that makes the app is really responsive as well. I’ve written with problems that I created when transitioning between apps, and when there have been glitches, and they have always responded very quickly, with useful information, and rapid corrections to the app where the problem was the app and not me. They also have been very fast to incorporate new ideas.
All in all, one of my most used, and most useful, apps.
I almost never write reviews
I have bought so many apps that once released they seem great but then are never updated again so it’s rare for me to write a review. This app will blow your mind with the amount of features you can pick and choose to customize it to what you need it to be. I can personally comment on the high quality of customer service because I was just figuring it out and hit a wall. Not one but several emails were exchanged between myself and the developer over a week or two. This program is amazing because it is built around real experience of what is needed when disaster hits. Features I asked about were already in the program. This isn’t just some database app, it is a complete suite of tools that can be as extensive as you need and grow as you learn and cover different areas. Strongly recommend you download the manual. Worth every penny.
Great new rewrite of Home Inventory app!
Full disclosure: I have been assisting the developer with beta testing this new version.
Under My Roof is a complete rewrite of this developer's previous app, Home Inventory. They have taken an excellent app and updated it to include great new features, such as 'moving boxes' and being able to use barcodes on those to track what is in the boxes, disposed items, being able to include multiple homes (with different inventories) and a completely new iPhone/iPad app that can run independently of the Mac desktop app. Both will sync the inventory via iCloud, so you can update with your phone and organize things to your hearts desire with the desktop app. This app is totally worth the subscription to keep it updated and fresh new features being added. Not sure? Do the free trial, you will be scanning in barcodes for all the items in your home in no time!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Binary Formations, LLC
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021-2023 Binary Formations, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $24.99
- Monthly Subscription $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.