V1Driver is designed to add intelligence to your Valentine One Radar Detector so you can enjoy your Drive.
It adds 3 forms of automatic muting (all selectable by Band):
1) By Speed (Savvy Emulation), if you are under the specified speed it will keep the Radar Detector muted.
2) By Time, it will AutoMute after a specified time.
3) By GPS Location, by long term tracking. This tracks hits of the same frequency in the same location spread over several days before considering it for lockout. If a signal later becomes absent it will remove the lock.
V1Driver takes the infamous V1 "Arrows" to a new level by displaying the bogeys on a 2 dimensional map. So you can track how close they are before waiting for the arrows to "flip" direction.
It has extensive audible options. Including Text-To-Speech of Band and Frequency. Audio can optionally use Hands Free Protocol (a phone call) on your car or motor cycle.
This app is compatible with all iPhones and iPads that support iOS 9.0 or greater that include GPS. It will work in any orientation. An active cellular connection is not required. For viewing the map or backing up to the iCloud you will need a Data connection, but that is not required for day to day operation.
iPads that do not have Cellular Chips have no GPS chip and will NOT work.
This requires a Valentine One Radar Detector that is compatible with Valentine Research's Bluetooth LE Dongle. You should have Valentine Research's V1Connection App (freely available in the App store) operational before purchasing V1Driver.
V1Driver will automatically connect to the Valentine One Bluetooth LE Dongle in the background. This feature of watching for the Bluetooth Dongle when away from your car does not use the GPS, uses very little battery and can be disabled if you wish.
There is no guarantee V1Driver won't lock out an undesired signal. But it should clean itself up over time if it does.
Other features include:
- Alert Notifications with "Mute", "Lock" or "Snooze" acknowledgment
- Alerts are iWatch compatible
- Manual Mute (with automatic unmute from other bands)
- K/Laser Snooze feature (for when stuck behind BSM or LEDs)
- Live Map showing learning and unlearning process as V1Driver does it's thing
- Live Alert status on the Map (strongest threat only, mirrors V1 display)
- Compatible with Hardware version of Savvy and still Band selectable
- Signal Strength meter with higher resolution than 8 fixed levels.
- Rate of Ramp Up on Main threat and each Bogey on the Bogey Map.
- iCloud Backup and Restore of your Database and Settings
- Two Level Savvy Speed Setting (Startup and Quick Override) with automatic Reset and integrated current Speed
- Extensive Data Filtering on the "Pin Map" to closer inspect what V1Driver is doing.
- Delete unwanted individual or groups of pins or any "filtered" view directly on the Map.
- View detailed information on any collected data point (Pin) from the Map
- "2nd Chance" review of Manual Lockouts by allowing user to delete them within 24 hr's before they become permanent
- Savvy Warmup feature to allow GPS to get good lock but keep detector quiet in false dense areas (e.g. Parking Garage)
- Integrated help on each control throughout the app.
- Savvy GPS Learning, it can learn what you set your Savvy Setting to and reapply it on your next trip to the same location.
- User Settable GPS Accuracy.
- Instant Replay that captures all events in real time all the time and can be played back at any time.
- Live Histogram of your signal strength also shown as color intensity on your route on the Map
- Support for Ku Band for European Users
- Demo mode that uses the "Instant Replay" feature that has Speed, Location, Direction and Alerts, etc. of a real encounter. It will even drop "New Pins" along the route.
- Support for "White Areas" these are designated areas like Police stations that you never want to lock out
Note: "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
Feature - Full suite of Apple Watch Complications
Feature - HTML Help on all settings pages (see info icon in the upper right corner). More is coming.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Must For Valentine 1 Owners
Finally a brain for my V-1 detector. With all of the K band radar noise out there these days this app is a must for V1 owners. I wanted my V1 to mute itself after one initial beep. I have found that one beep is all I need to alert me to a new bogey. This app goes way beyond that by not only muting bogeys but also logging physical location and frequency of a bogey. Eventually the app recognizes the same signal at the same physical location and mutes it permanently. My ride to work has become much more quiet. I also like the Bluetooth feature which ties into my car stereo and gives me verbal alerts if I want them. Also the speed sensing is a nice feature. I was also able to program a one beep alert in the free program "v1 connect" by using the mute out of box feature. Once mute out of box was selected for all bands I configured the box in each band so small no signal could get in the box. This produced a nice one beep alert for any new bogey. Even though I got my desired one beep alert with v1 connect I would still recommend buying this app.
CREATOR, Please Read This!
First of all, what a fabulous app you have created to pair with the legendary V1. However, there is something HUGE that needs to be addressed!
As you know, Michael Valentine didn’t see a need to include MRCD into the V1 G2—which is beyond me—and because of this, us V1 owners don’t know of such traps until we are in kill zone proximity (several feet from MRCD source). Moreover, if this is indeed true, that is, MRCD is detectable with the newer V1 albeit very short range, would it in any way be possible for you to save recorded instances into a global database to warn all V1 drivers of a potential MRCD location? (And do you know if MRCD technology implementation can be added by Mr. Valentine without needing new hardware and just a firmware update?)
I look forward to your response. Thank you for your time and awesome app that has turned my V1 into an even better detector.
Completing the V1 experience!
I have had a V1 for 20+ years now, and swear by it! I just recently picked up a Gen2, and found out about this app. This is incredible and completes the entire Valentine package. It offers the functionality that you want in a very intelligent way. I tried to figure out the app on my own, and it was a little bit cumbersome… But after watching a couple videos and reading a couple of well written blog posts, it is actually pretty well laid out. My hat is off to the developer.
I don’t know if it is possible, as I am not a developer… But I think it would be an absolute game changer if it was at all possible to somehow pull in police location information from Waze, and somehow have the V1 react to it on a GPS based notification service. Maybe allowing Waze to run in the background, to feed information to V1driver… Which in turn would alert on the V1 device. I’m sure it’s not possible, but would be incredible!!
- George Mills
- 68.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © George Mills 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.