Get the most out of your VanMoof bike with the official app.
It’s all at your fingertips. Lock or unlock your bike, check the battery level, and find where you parked it – all from your phone. Keep an eye out for regular updates geared to take your VanMoof riding experience to the next level.
What can you do with the VanMoof app?
No matter where you are in the app, it will assist you with your smoothest ride yet:
* No keys are needed, your bike smartly recognizes you. Unlock your bike with just a tap or create a personal unlock code to easily unlock your bike without your phone.
* Check how much battery your bike has (and Powerbank if you have one).
* View your current speed, distance, and ride duration on your in-app live dashboard.
* Adjust your bike settings instantly on the home screen. You can change your motor assistance, gears, lights, bell sound, and other bike sounds.
* Look back at every trip with a detailed ride overview.
* You can view every journey, including the time, distance, maximum and average speed, if you stopped, and how much battery it cost.
* See how you compare to other VanMoof riders in your city and across the World.
* Find all of your bike information, change your bike settings, and view your MyVanmoof profile.
* Get help with your bike by contacting support or reading the help articles.
* Share your bike with your friends and family.
* Plan a repair appointment at your closest store.
* Mark your bike as missing and send in the Bike Hunters.
* If your bike has Apple Find My, you can see the current status.
Supported bike models
* VanMoof S5 & A5
* VanMoof S4 & X4
* VanMoof S3 & X3
* VanMoof S2 & X2
* VanMoof Electrified S & X
* VanMoof Smart S & X
* VanMoof Smartbike
Disclaimer: App features are dependent on your bike model.
We're happy to continue riding with you, let's go! In this release we're putting some things in order.
- We removed features that can't be used anymore, like the support chat.
- We heard you like the ‘ping’ bell sound, so now you can also select this bell on the S3 & X3. Happy pinging!
- If you have multiple bikes and want to transfer ownership, the selected bike will now be transferred (instead of the one currently active).
- Support for iOS 17.
- For good measure we added some more fun bits. Let's see whether you can find them.
Ratings and Reviews
Best purchase ever
Bought this bike just before shelter in place. It’s been the best thing for my body and mind. I’m 58, and now have no trouble keeping up with my 18 year old son, because the hills are so easy. The pedal assist, along with the boost button make hills like cake. At the top of twin peaks in SF, my son his huffing and puffing more than me! And the views from the top of every hill, which I’m now exploring all of, well that’s a sight to fill the heart. And I love the design of the basket attached to the frame rather than the handle bars. Takes a moment to get used to if you’ve ridden the other way all your life. But only a moment, and then it becomes clear how superior that design is because steering is easier this way. I was a little apprehensive thinking I might not be able to get service with shelter in place if anything were to happen with the bike. The bike has been absolutely perfect! And now I understand if I do need anything during this time I can make an appointment. But turns out, I don’t even need anything. This is the second best purchase of my life. Right behind my beautiful home. If you live in a place with hills, this is the bike for you. Truly!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks so much for your lovely story and compliment, we really appreciate it! Cheers and happy riding in SF!, Team VanMoof
The bike has been excellent and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting back in the saddle after thinking my riding days were mostly behind me due to age and bad knees - too much soccer and basketball when I was younger. For me, the bike provides the perfect amount of assist - still get exercise just not too much. I wasn’t sure about the auto-shifting but am used to it now and rather enjoy just taking in the scenery. I thought I would want to customize the shifting through the app but just ended up using one of the pre-sets. Which brings me to the app. Like the bike it performs perfectly over my first 100 miles or so. I am not one that pours over my trip data so the basics (time, distance, avg sped etc) are perfect. I forgot my phone on one ride so the total miles on the trip view doesn’t match the bike view - not a huge deal. For anyone on the fence I would say go for it and enjoy the joy of two-wheel travel (again, for many of us).
What a bike!
Have had my electric S2 a few months now in San Francisco. I have never been happier with a bike and I’ve owned several - roadies, MTBs, tricked out Triathlon bikes. The S2 is a stunner to look at (OK, you gotta love bikes!). The ride is great. Handling superb. Theft protection lets me park it and feel comfortable that it’ll be there when I come back. When I do come back there is often someone, or three, admiring the bike.
This is my first ebike. I was worried I’d lose the workout and the workout is one of the main reasons I ride. The power train is interesting. I still get the same amount of exercise, but the S2 has extended my range to include the whole city, the headlands, and into the peninsula. I don’t hesitate to tackle the steepest sections with the power boost—I’m standing on the pedals and my heart is hammering in my ears, but I can pull anything in the city! I ride almost every day!
BTW I’m 71 and semi-retired.
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks so much for your lovely story and compliment, we really appreciate it!
Cheers and happy riding in SF!, Team VanMoof
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VanMoof BV
- 145.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 VanMoof BV