The Vectorworks Nomad app allows you to access your Vectorworks documents wherever you are—whenever you need them—with your mobile device. It gives you more freedom not only to share files, but also to make design decisions from any location. Changes you make to Vectorworks files are automatically synchronized to your private cloud library, allowing you to browse and share your latest designs from any web-enabled device.
Vectorworks Cloud Services saves time by freeing up local computing power. Use cloud technology to automate and decouple resource-heavy workflows, shifting calculations needed to generate sections, elevations, renderings, and BIM data to the cloud.
Whether you're in a meeting, on the job site, or on vacation, the Vectorworks Nomad app allows you to view, mark up, share, and synchronize your Vectorworks files across your devices and with your colleagues—all from the convenience of your iPhone or iPad.
• View and navigate 3D renderings of Vectorworks files in the cloud library, with optional 3D backgrounds
• View 3D models of Vectorworks files in a real-world setting, using augmented reality (AR) technology (requires an AR-compatible device)
• View rendered panoramic images of Vectorworks files
• Extend your cloud library through integration with Dropbox
• Share files with clients or collaborators
• Mark up PDF files with Text, Freehand, Oval, Rectangle, and Line tools and save the marked up files to the cloud library
The Vectorworks Nomad app is a part of Vectorworks Cloud Services, and is available to anyone who registers for a free account, as well as all Vectorworks Service Select members.
Vectorworks Service Select members have access to the following additional features:
• Increased storage capacity
• Manual or scheduled Sheet layer to PDF cloud processing
• Cloud Publish in Vectorworks
• Ability to measure objects in the PDF drawings generated on the cloud.
• Vectorworks files uploaded to your Vectorworks Cloud Services storage, or to Dropbox or Google Drive
Adds language support for Polish
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
AR concept is interesting, but doesn’t work
I’ve been trying to utilize the AR feature that was recently hyped in an article linked from a recent email from Vectorworks. I have the latest iPad Pro running the latest version of iOS. I’ve tried several times, utilizing the Woodward Exhibit file found in the Vectorworks Samples folder within Cloud Services. My iPad locks up every time I try and view the AR file in my real-life scene.
Developer Response ,
The AR engine cannot handle very large or complex models. If you encounter this behavior with your real-world files, we suggest simplifying the model by turning off layers and classes that aren't needed. The AR viewer works well with things like kitchen cabinet layouts, furniture, building shells, etc. You can find a sample file that we shared specifically for AR inside the Vectorworks Samples shared by Vectorworks folder. The file is named "Vectorworks AR Cubicle Layout.vgx"
This is a real pain
Pay this company thousands for their software, just want to be able to view a file on my phone. A serious pain to work with. Save yourself the trouble—avoid!
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you are having issues, if you could email us at email@example.com we can look into your specific file.
Don’t waste your time
I downloaded this to view VW files on the phone without asking for a PDF. This app can’t even do that. It keeps crashing before opening the file so I can’t view anything.
- Vectorworks, Inc.
- 79.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Vectorworks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.