VisualDx is a visual reference tool for medical professionals that aids therapeutic decisions and improves patient safety.
VisualDx is an award-winning clinical decision support system used in over 2,300 hospitals, clinics, and medical schools worldwide. VisualDx is a visual reference tool for medical professionals that aids therapeutic decisions and improves patient safety.
With VisualDx, clinicians can:
· Build a custom differential across medicine
· Review the world’s best medical image to understand variations of disease, particularly in skin of color
· Access therapy and best tests options
· Understand medication reactions
· Recognize infections and travel-related illnesses
· Share images and information with patients
· Challenge your skills with the VisualDx quiz
· Earn CME with every search.
The VisualDx decision support and reference tool for physicians, nurses, students, and other healthcare professionals includes more than 3,200 diagnoses and over 45,000 medical images. VisualDx requires a subscription:
· Launch VisualDx on a computer AT YOUR INSTITUTION and click the “VisualDx Mobile” link to register for a personal VisualDx username and password to use on your mobile device.
· CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS: use your existing username and password to log into VisualDx Mobile.
· NEW SUBSCRIBERS: sign up monthly or yearly with the first month free.
Thank you for using VisualDx! The #1 digital medical image atlas.
We’ve made some updates:
* Made the differential tabs more intuitive by defaulting the user to 'View All' for diagnosis options.
* General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best clinical app for dermatology
I have been a user of this app for >3 years from dermatology residency to clinical practice as a board-certified dermatologist. Very easy to navigate and nearly comprehensive listing of dermatological disease. Whether you are using it as a learning tool (med student, resident) or clinical assistant (ED, IM, dermatology, etc.) it is a “must have” if you encounter cutaneous disease in practice.
I use the app multiple times a day and use it to assist with diagnosis, differentials, quick treatment guide, and most importantly as an education tool for the patient. I often will pull up a known diagnosis and show the patient similar photos to their condition from the expansive photo bank to help support a diagnosis. Furthermore, i frequently print out patient handouts for patients so that they have a reliable and physician-vetted document to help answer any questions that remain after our patient encounter.
All in all, this is the single best and most used app I use in clinical practice as a dermatologist. Very useful for med students to experienced physicians and I highly recommend.
Use every day, easy CME
VisualDx was recommended to me by multiple colleagues. I am a new PA and have found this app to be very helpful. Many pictures, descriptions of conditions, differentials, best tests, tx options. The important things you need to know are there. Also, when looking up conditions, you are accumulating CME for every search. Love the app. Wish they had a better setup for their quizzes for dermatology, as they just have a photo, and is sometimes hard to see what body area you are even looking at. 5/5
Best app for a derm resident
I used this app daily in my derm residency. It was incredibly helpful to put in a morphology and build a differential diagnosis in my head and then see what else I should be thinking about or consider based on the app findings. There are tons of Kodachromes, clinical pearls, treatment guidelines, and even dermpath images at the tip of your fingers. I recommend VisualDx to everyone. I was lucky enough to have my residency buy the subscription, check with your program and if they don’t have it - con them into it lol
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Logical Images
- 138.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Unrestricted Web Access Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009-2021 Logical Images, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Complete+DermExpert (1 Month) $49.99
- Complete (1 Month) $39.99
- Complete (1 yr) $399.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.