Experience the magic of GPS audio walks, cycles, drives and even boat rides with VoiceMap tours in over 130 cities worldwide. They’re like podcasts that move with you, to tell stories about what you’re seeing right now.
VoiceMap’s tours are produced by insightful local storytellers, including journalists, filmmakers, novelists, podcasters, and tour guides. Sir Ian McKellen has even created a tour. It's around London's West End, where he has performed for over 50 years.
* VoiceMap works offline. After you download a tour, the audio will be available offline along with an offline map.
* With GPS autoplay, you can focus on your surroundings, not the screen. Just load a tour, plug in your headphones and let VoiceMap guide you.
* If you do wander off in the wrong direction, VoiceMap will play an audio alert, and you can follow the map on your screen to the next location.
* With hundreds of free and paid tours, VoiceMap offers huge variety.
Reviews and Testimonials:
"High-quality self-guided walking tours...Narrated by local experts, they provide insight into corners of the city sometimes overlooked by regular guided tours."
“Great value for money, interesting and very clear and easy to follow! I learnt lots about London I didn't already know and I have lived here over 30 years.”
London’s Alternative History Tour
"I loved the tour, bought all of the New Orleans ones you had and have already recommended it to two people. As an amateur photographer who likes to take his time it was great. I will without a doubt continue to use the app."
Faith & Courage: Metairie Cemetery Stories, New Orleans
“Loved this! Real eye opener for me as a new resident of Singapore who thought this only an island of foodies and engineers. LOL! Please produce more soon!”
“I did my first VoiceMap tour and the Chanel tour blew me away. I can only recommend.”
Coco Chanel's Paris
"My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this 'talk and walk'. A real eye opener and superbly narrated. This is a first class experience, our first with VoiceMap, and we look forward to using this program frequently in other cities. "
Witches Riots and the Cold War, Berlin
**Just so you know, GPS runs in the background while you're on a tour. This decreases battery life and it's best to start a tour with your device fully charged.
In 5.0.7 and 5.0.8:
* Better sorting for places like Dubai, where we have tours in a wide variety of languages
In 5.0.5 and 5.0.6:
* General updates and optimisation
* We have new tours in Arabic and Russian coming soon, so we've translated our user interface into both languages
In 5.0.2 (Dubai), which is also our first named release, we’ve completely redesigned the VoiceMap tour player screen. The update includes:
* Pictures, which we’ve now added to locations. (Not all of them, at least not yet, but over time, photos and illustrations will pop up where we think they might help to tell a story, or make it easier to navigate.)
* Better navigation, especially for driving tours, with more information about where you are, and where you need to go next.
* Easier access to settings, including the option to turn off the lost warning, pocket mode, and background music while you’re doing a tour.
* A fix for tours that lose GPS permanently when they take you underground or into tunnels.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this idea!
After discovering that guided tours of New Orleans are quite limited on Mondays, I was fortunate to find this app. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the walking tour of the Tremé neighborhood. We had a little trouble with the GPS while near an underpass but were able to prompt the audio manually while using the map overview. I was also very pleased with the very prompt customer support I received when my phone settings interfered with the app functioning. Will definitely use this app in my future travels.
3D maps highly annoying
GPS in built up areas simply doesn’t work that well. I frequently went off track a bit , but couldn’t use the map on the tour as it was 3d and I was often under a building etc. I had to drop out to google maps to get back on track. The map also said I was 160m away from my next spot and getting further away , but I was right on it and it soon started the audio description. These little annoying things detracted from the experience.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for this feedback. It's not something we've heard before, but we're looking at changing our map provider and we'll bear this in mind.
The underlying map on the iOS app is an Apple map, by the way, and you can use two fingers to move between 2D and 3D maps. I know that isn't much use now, but we hope you'll do another tour!
We'd also find it useful if we knew where you did the tour. Could you email email@example.com?
Great app for taking tours
Stick in some airbuds and go on a guided walking tour of the city you are in. If the buildings are too tall and the streets too narrow it can get lost but it always does an amazing job with whatever signal it has. The tours depend on the knowledge of the tour guide but fir the most part they give great tours.
- Audio Guide Pte. Ltd.
- 58.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Xhosa
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 VoiceMap Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- $1.99 VoiceMap audio tour $1.99
- $3.99 VoiceMap audio tour $3.99
- $4.99 VoiceMap audio tour $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.