Use the Vy app to easily find suggested travel itineraries using trains, buses, taxis, metro, trams, and boats. You can buy tickets from Vy and other operators, and book taxi rides.
Vy aims to make it easy to travel in a way that is environmentally friendly from door to door – not just between stations and bus stops.
What can I do in the app?
• Buy train and bus tickets, as well as season tickets
• Get travel itineraries by searching for stations, bus stops, addresses and locations such as hotels or restaurants
• Book a taxi (currently available in most of Eastern Norway and in Kristiansand)
• Find the nearest available scooter, city bike or city car
• Track your train live on the map via the journey planner
• Find out how busy each carriage is so that you can plan where to get on the train
• Receive notification of changes or deviations affecting your departure (trains only)
• Receive travel updates
• Under ‘My trips’ you can see all your completed, active and future journeys and you can also import tickets bought by someone else
• Store your favourite routes and set up push notifications for traffic-related messages
• You can buy zone tickets and tickets for extra zones under ‘Buy now’ from Ruter, while Brakar, Kolumbus and other operators will be added soon
• Notification before your season ticket expires
• Pay by card or Vipps
- Support for iPad
- Several stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
What’s the point
First of all, why Vy? Who came up with a pointless name and concept like that??? Since this is a ticket and transportation infustry app, what about making tickets available to be added to Apple Wallet?!! Ever heard about that? Just like airlines, events, hotels, and other bus- and rail companies do. Otherwise I don’t see any point in using the app. It’s not integrated into the iOS system which makes is good for locals, but irrelevant for global travelers.
Confusing and difficult to use
First the app is a bit confusing to navigate, second, I have plenty of funds in my bank but I tried twice to purchase a pass and it even pulled up my bank name before saying transaction failed. From the other reviews I recommend you find a new developer and start over!
It is bewildering that basically the app because it does not provide the PayPal option available on the website, which is essential because regular U.S. cards will be rejected (the Vy website says so, but the app fails to mention it). So you have to use the website anyway, which defeats the point of having an app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vygruppen AS
- 76.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Norwegian Bokmål, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Vygruppen AS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.