Wait Timer is a visual and audio tool to help teach good waiting behavior. The app includes a social story about waiting, and an audio/visual timer that can be set to different times.
- Great color-coded visual timer that shows the time ticking away.
- Settings to easily change the “wait” time.
- Social story that talks about waiting and waiting strategies.
- Wait time is the time of the whole clock (full circle), so users can always clearly see time remaining.
- Helps students with transitions between tasks.
- Timer does not re-set if device “goes to sleep.”
- Set the timer to as little as one second to gradually introduce waiting!
- No minimum or maximum times, the Wait Timer can time as little or as much time as you want.
- App runs in the background and notifies you when time has elapsed, phone calls will not re-set your timer!
- Start the timer with just one click so students and children can use it independently.
The app opens up to a screen with a large timer on it and a “start” button.” Once the button is tapped the timer will start counting down the last time set in the “settings.” As the hand on the timer clock moves the clock face will go from colored to white, letting the waiter see how much time is remaining.
The app also includes a social story about waiting and the Wait Timer. The social story talks about frustration that may happen with waiting, and how to wait for something you want.
The settings and instructions screen allows you to choose the amount of time the timer is set for, and includes instructions for the parent or caregiver on how to introduce the Wait Timer.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated to work with the latest version of iOS
Fixed bug where timer would stop running when the app was closed
Ratings and Reviews
I naively assumed that the waiting part would happen between pages of the story, thinking that would be an incentive to wait patiently. Instead, you just tap the screen to proceed through the book and the only time the child waits is when they intentionally tap the button to start the timer. That's extremely easy to avoid and offers no reward for waiting (and in the real world, that's not how it works). I'm not sure how my son is supposed to learn to wait patiently using this app if all it amounts to is a timer, which I have on my phone, and a social story that I could have made up without much effort. I'm very disappointed in this app.
Not worth the $3.00. Can’t pause the timer either. When you try to change the amount of time it freezes every time and have to completely close out of the app and clear it from your home screen.
Wish I had read the reviews.
This app doesn't run in the background, and it's really just a simple story that never changes and a simple timer. I usually use the stopwatch or an alarm on my phone, but thought this would be more interesting. It's not.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Touch Autism
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Touch Autism 2012-2017
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.