Walkingspree helps companies/insurers control health care costs by getting members moving with a fun and motivating group program. Our proven wellness program applies modern technology to a simple concept to get results. For more information, visit www.walkingspree.com
The Walkingspree Activity program is designed to pull validated data from Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch and Smartphones for challenges, gaming, and reporting. Walkingspree also has an open platform that connects with mobile phone applications such as Apple Health Kit, which will allow almost any activity tracker or mobile app to share validated data with Walkingspree. This enables members already having a device to connect to Walkingspree’s activity tracking platform.
This Walkingspree program is offered only to members of employers or health insurers who sponsor this activity program on member’s behalf. Your program is paid by your sponsor.
- Quickly set goals and view progress toward personal and program goals.
- Track food and calories consumed while on the go. Our database contains 65,000 food and restaurant items plus 7,000 recipes. Sort food into meals and monitor calories burned vs. calories consumed.
- Visual activity statistics are broken down by day, week, month, quarter and year or through a chosen date range.
- See the Top Walkers in your sponsored group and where you are placed.
- Participate and be motivated by Team competition.
- Invite, motivate and compare your stats with your friends.
- View your Challenges. See progress of your sponsor established individual challenges.
- Participate in fun team Challenges such as Virtual Walks, Star Wars Challenge, Olympic-style Challenge, and Team Tournament Challenge. Track progress of your team and members of your team.
- See your earned activity and challenge badges
- Automatically syncs with your device health app such as Fitbit, Garmin, Misfit or Apple Watch.
- In app progress notifications for Challenges, badges and program updates
- Shop for your Activity Tracker
- Comprehensive support built into App for device or program help.
If you are having trouble with setup, device connection or program, just contact us via the App or www.walkingspree.com
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in an employer-sponsored program.
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I enjoy getting my email notifications... and wondering if you might consider changing the layout.... many people, and I for one, glance at emails. In the Walkingspree emails there is valuable information for getting people moving, including families. Maybe put the participant’s name at the top with the great suggestions underneath their name and then the participant’ stats at the bottom... most people, I would guess, want to see their stats, but don’t even read the suggestions because they are clear at the bottom. The current layout of the email, with the suggestions at the bottom, may not encourage people to scroll to the bottom. Just a thought! I am a nurse and a health coach, and always thinking of ideas for encouraging people! Thanks for reading 😀
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thank you for the amazing rating and your valuable feedback, Walkingspree takes customer comments and complaints seriously. Hope you enjoy our Walking challenges and other fun features, Happy Stepping!
Walkingspree has been amazing!
My employer has used this for the last few years and has offered incentives if we met step goals. I guess it would be easier to work an extra two hours if I really wanted that quarterly $50, but I was so proud of earning my 10k average step bonus! Very sad that they will no longer be continuing the program. It was something that really made me feel valued as an employee. Hopefully I can keep walking spree and can average my steps to keep and maintain personal goals. If not, it was fun while it lasted. Some ideas for future... I would love to see an average sleep incentive! It’s common knowledge that good sleep hygiene makes for a healthier, happier and much safer workforce. Why not incentivize it?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your 5 star rating. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Member Support agents will further assist you.
Inconsistent syncing problems
Overall, the app is very user friendly and functions fairly well. However, Walkingspree is connected to my employers health and wellness program and there have been times (sometimes 3-5 day long spans) where data will not sync. This may not seem very significant but we receive benefits based on our quarterly step averages and five 0 step days really impacts that average. I personally use Garmin Products to track activity and my steps will show on my Connect dashboard but will not sync to my Walkingspree (even retrospectively). I have put in several requests with no resolution which has been very disappointing.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reviewing our app. I see that you have your Garmin connected. Our app normally syncs without issues with Garmin and many other trackers. However, we did recently have a minor bug that effected our Garmin users and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers have fixed the issue. If your steps still haven't synced, please disconnect and reconnect Garmin in the Walkingspree mobile app. Then do a Force sync by opening up the dashboard in Walkingspree mobile app by clicking on the refresh icon ( at the left bottom corner). If you need further help, please email email@example.com
- Walkingspree USA LTD.
- 85.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Walkingspree 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.