Watchla delivers full control of your Tesla to the convenience of your wrist.
With a beautiful, clean & effective UI, Watchla is a watch app for Tesla that aims to replace your phone for most of your remote access needs with your Tesla.
No more pulling your phone out of your pocket every time you want to check on your Tesla or tell it to do something. With Watchla all you have to do is raise your wrist to start interacting with your Tesla.
Watchla, being a fully capable app made for the everyday Tesla owner, can:
- Connect to your vehicle over Bluetooth - Enable your Apple Watch to act as a Bluetooth key for your Tesla - Connect to your vehicle while offline
- Check various vehicle statuses (charge, climate, etc)
- Perform vehicle commands (instantly via Bluetooth or the Tesla API)
- Offers an array of complications to keep you up to date with your Tesla right from your watch face
- Notify you of critical vehicle alerts
While also supporting:
- Siri Shortcuts
- Custom layouts
- Keyless driving
- Sentry Mode
- Multiple vehicles
- User-set vehicle wake preferences
- iOS lock screen widgets - Remote door unlatch, for all doors (subject to vehicle compatibility)
+ much more!
Watchla is also supported by a robust iOS companion app that you can use to enrich Watchla’s experience.
Use Watchla’s iOS companion app to:
- sign in:
- either with Tesla
- or with a Tesla token
- customize Watchla’s Home Screen layout
- add & customize iOS lock screen widgets
- add & customize Siri Shortcuts (for both iOS and WatchOS)
- select vehicle
- manage app settings
- manage vehicle settings
+ much more!
Keeping your account safe:
Watchla holds your privacy and its transparency to the highest level and therefore Watchla does not accept your account credentials as a form of sign in. Watchla will never see, process or store your email or password.
As an alternative to credential sign in, Watchla offers the ability to Sign in with Tesla right from Watchla’s iOS companion app. Sign in with Tesla is a secure method of signing in that allows you to authenticate your Tesla account directly on Tesla’s website. No more inputting your email & password on 3rd party app text fields. Once authenticated, you will be automatically signed into Watchla with your Tesla account both on the iOS and watch app.
Your account credentials are never processed or saved by Watchla.
As an alternative, you can also sign in to Watchla using your Tesla API token.
Looking into the future:
Watchla is always evolving in an effort to deliver a top-quality Tesla watch app experience. In the future, Watchla will be seeing many upgrades like:
- Smart Summon
- Watch gesture initiated commands
- Even more watch face complications
- A wider array of critical vehicle alerts that are customizable so you can be informed on the specific issues about your Tesla that matter most to you.
+ a ton more watch focused features that will elevate your Tesla experience on your wrist.
In addition, Watchla is always listening and anyone can request a feature they think will fit nicely into the Watchla experience. Many user-submitted features have already made it to Watchla and it is likely that there are many more to come. Request a feature for Watchla here: https://watchla.app/feedback/#req-new-feature
Download Watchla, the ultimate watch app for Tesla and experience total control over your Tesla, from the convenience of your wrist.
Disclaimer: Watchla is an independent Tesla watch app and it is not owned or endorsed by Tesla Inc. Watchla utilizes Tesla’s open API to safely & securely provide you with remote access to your Tesla vehicle from your watch. Watchla is an independent watch app and (aside from signing in) doesn't need its iOS companion app to perform normally, only a stable internet connection to the watch app is needed to function properly.
BLUETOOTH IS HERE!!
- You can now connect Watchla to your vehicle via Bluetooth!
- Use your Apple Watch as a Bluetooth key for your vehicle.
- Send commands over Bluetooth instantly.
- Receive vehicle status updates over Bluetooth.
- Send commands & receive vehicle status updates while offline.
- Remotely open doors on compatible Model Ys & 3s.
- Wake your vehicle via Bluetooth
- Immediately reflect vehicle status updates on watch face complications when received over Bluetooth (both when app is in foreground & background)
- Added 3 new Open Doors complications for watch face (driver front, passenger front, general)
- Added Toggle climate on/off complication for watch face
- Watchla now remotely names your Tesla Bluetooth key so that you don't have to. It also designates the key as a mobile device key and includes your Apple Watch model under the key name for easy reference. Additionally, you can customize this key name by going to Preferences -> Manage Bluetooth -> Edit key name
- Added GUI Settings caching
- You can now change your Selected Vehicle while offline in both the iOS and watch apps. This was requested so that those who primarily use Watchla while offline (eg: WiFi-only Apple Watch) can switch between vehicles they want to communicate with over Bluetooth.
- All vehicles in a user's account are now backed up to provide for this ^ plus for future features related to multiple vehicles.
- Upgraded vehicle data backup method.
- Added Bluetooth indicators to vehicle cells in the Select Vehicle screen (watch app) that are set up to use Bluetooth.
- Removed reliance on the latest_vehicle_data endpoint
- Added contingency auth data transfer mechanism that's fully end-to-end encrypted and is used in case of watch connectivity failure.
- Added user-assigned device name entitlement so that Watchla can name your Watchla-managed Tesla key after your device's name for easy future reference
- Adapted to vehicle naming API changes
- Adapted to Bluetooth naming changes in 2023.26.7
Ratings and Reviews
Gets better and better
I downloaded this early on in its development and it was so bad that I took it off my watch. It took too long to wake the car and was unreliable. A few months later I tried it again and it was marginally better. But the updates kept coming and it steadily became more reliable with shorter lags. It’s now a truly practical and useful watch app. The developer is doing a lot of work on this and it shows. This will soon become a go-to app and it’s exceptionally competitively priced. Give it a try!
Updating earlier Bad Review from Ytsud
This does everything including let you drive the car without your iPone or Tesla card. You can open the doors and the put it drive. I originally could do everything but drive the car. The app developer contacted me directly and made suggestions that enabled me to complete the process. This is a wonderful backup option if you forget the card or your phone. There support department was a big help.
Developer Response ,
Very glad Support was able to get you squared away! If you have any questions at all you know where to reach out :)
Would be 5 stars but for one (literally) painful flaw
Watchla is great for using a smartwatch for Tesla tasks, like opening the trunk, when your hands are too full to reach your smartphone. BUT…it often takes too long to connect to Bluetooth, and I find myself hitting a command twice before it registers. Today, I hit “Open Trunk” twice. The trunk opened, and I leaned over to load groceries into the hatch. But suddenly the trunk lowered, with the edge of it hitting me high and hard on my forehead. So, my request of the deveioper is to ensure that a command doesn’t register twice when chosen twice in quick succession.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Villegas Ventures LLC
- 138.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Villegas Ventures LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.